Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

feckin Dublin Bus site up and down like a fiddlers elbow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Lovely snow falling here in Ardcath. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

but can people's locations not change?? They could be in work in the city centre and have their home as their location..
    NO!!! they should be at home all tucked up in the warm like I am. :)

snug as a bug in a rug! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Snowing all morrning here, 2ft 6 inches now on the ground in the centre of the road, up to 4 ft against walls and cars depending on which way wind is blowing.

Can't remember snow like this in my 32 years on planet earth. Haven't been to work all week, can't get my van out of the garden, cant even open the doors on it now. Called my mate in the council 5ft of snow at sally gap.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

5ft of snow!! holy moly that's almost the height of my mam!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

I can't believe it, for the last few days I have been chuckling at all the posts from people in Dublin bemoaning the Isle of Man but today it looks like Kilkenny could be it's shadow! Damn you IOM, damn you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Fell asleep last night snow watching :p but woke up to a nice fresh blanket! :D has been snowing lightly on and off for about an hour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Jesus it's chucking it down out there now. Anyone know how Firhouse is at the moment? Was bad enough leaving for work this morning, but with this on top it must be mental.

Coming up on 9 inches in the back garden. D24 has snow to spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Blue skys and snow in Gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Blanket of cloud to the NE in Navan think it's on the way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Slight thaw on here in Artane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

proper snow blizzard starting in dun laoghaire, just as I'm about to head out to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Jake1 wrote: »
    Dont know the official amounts, but we got TONS of snow last night.

Also just saw 67 pass by, yet DB says they are off. :confused: when i cn get on the site.

Any lucanites know the story with buses today, ?

AFAIK, the buses were running fairly normally earlier in the day but there are now lots of curtailments on the routes.

Nothing is serving the village - they are all using the bypass - so 67 would be passing by Kew Park / Spa Hotel but not entering the village.

25 is also not serving the village or Dodsboro - just coming out the bypass and stopping at Kew Park.

25a/b not serving Foxborough or Adamstown - using Outer Ring Road and both stopping at Superquinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Stupid DSL went down on monday evening (vodafone are idiots btw) so I missed out on the last few days of weather charts, snow predictions, reports etc and couldn't even watch a radar feed of where the showers were coming down.
    Dundalk seemed to avoid the very worst of what the east got yesterday , although I could see it all forming out in the bay and moving off down the coast. Looked ot me like drogheda and surrounds got a very heavy coating.

What's on the cards for today in the east? Are we due anymore falls? Bit of a thaw here earlier (snow from the roofs in direct sunlight) and skies are clear so is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

klong wrote: »
    Drogheda, southside: Bit of lazy snow falling at the moment, had a small bit earlier too. Had some snow overnight, but not as much as the night before.

Drogheda North. Big dark cloud starting to amble it's way down the Boyne towards Slane. No flakes as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

They are all operating Jake1, nothing coming through the village, they are using the bypass which could mean a fair old walk depending on where in Lucan you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

BILD0028-1.jpg?t=1291292112

Sam in the snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Heard they may have to close Runway at dublin airport again on the radio

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

STILL snowing in Rathfarnham!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Nead21 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

5ft of snow!! holy moly that's almost the height of my mam!!!

It's higher than mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

runway change at dublin airport, runway close to closing again but still open

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Beautiful blue skies in Lucan now - come back clouds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

Still snowing away here in D18

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Snowing in Drumcondra, steady enough. Was chucking down in town about half an hour ago too dunno what it's like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

bryaner wrote: »
    Blanket of cloud to the NE in Navan think it's on the way..
    i reckon you're right, it looks like we might get a bit of a dusting in the next hour or so from looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk it seems to be heading our way again finally. fingers crossed! :)

it might just clip the main part of navan, but i think johnstown will get a bit more (after all my moaning earlier about missing most of it last night) of it and it looks like there could be another build-up happening off the coast again coming our way a little later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Jake1, I've just been out walking around Celbridge and I saw 67s going in both directions. Heard they aren't going through Lucan village at the moment though so I don't know how that would affect you.

AFAIK, the buses were running fairly normally earlier in the day but there are now lots of curtailments on the routes.

Nothing is serving the village - they are all using the bypass - so 67 would be passing by Kew Park / Spa Hotel but not entering the village.

25 is also not serving the village or Dodsboro - just coming out the bypass and stopping at Kew Park.

25a/b not serving Foxborough or Adamstown - using Outer Ring Road and both stopping at Superquinn.

Perfect. You're an angel :)
    My teenager went to her mates yesterday afternoon, and ended up staying night. Need to get her home, so the 67 to spa would be great.

Cant believe the amount of snow we got last night and this morning. Which I love, but now I want my baby home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

3hr-rain.gif

How reliable is this??????

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Jesus it's chucking it down out there now. Anyone know how Firhouse is at the moment? Was bad enough leaving for work this morning, but with this on top it must be mental.

I'm in Firhouse and I've seen the heaviest snow in the last 2 hours that I've seen all week. Having said that it's not sustained, more like 10 minute bursts every half hour or so. I would say about 2 more inches have accumulated since this morning, perhaps more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Starting to snow again here in north D15.

Can anyone report what it's like in the Terenure/Templeogue area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Clouded over and snowing nicely in Dublin 7.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement