Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Light snow falling again. Not sure if we're just being grazed by something, or if the stream is back on a more favourable trajectory for this location (raintoday is playing up for me :|).

MollyZ wrote: »
    Jake1, I've just been out walking around Celbridge and I saw 67s going in both directions. Heard they aren't going through Lucan village at the moment though so I don't know how that would affect you.

Thanks a million, just need to get my daughter home from Palmerstown. No panic really, just want her home. Ye know yerself :) 67 to Spa would be perfect.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

any news on how the hunters wood area in firhouse is doing? was mental when i left for work yesterday and work put me up in hotel lastnight to make sure that i could get in cause they heard bad reports bout m50 last night.

Planing on going home soon so hope its not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Jesus it's chucking it down out there now. Anyone know how Firhouse is at the moment? Was bad enough leaving for work this morning, but with this on top it must be mental.

I'm about a mile from Firhouse and its chucking down here at the moment. Forgive the poor quality phone pics but it gives you an idea.

5225712747_574210ee71.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Once again.... the airport is closing due to poor friction test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Look at the system building up off the northwest of Donegal, they could be in for a battering later today if it continues to progress.

image.ashx?ok=1&country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Once again.... the airport is closing due to poor friction test.

Can anyone confirm this? I was about to head to Heathrow to get my flight in 2 hours. Might not bother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

Thaw happening outside Enfield at the moment.. bright blue sunny sky, snow is sliding off the roof at a seriously alarming rate and all I can hear outside is not just a "drip drip" but more of a gushing, running water sound!

Snow still feels deep and powdery on the ground though.
    Dublin, I'm green with envy, I can see the clouds over you from here and they're just passing me by :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Slight thaw on here in Artane.
    So I've noticed, the snow on cars is dripping a bit - shame.
    I wish the sky cleared so temps will plummet as the sun goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

201833023.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1291293662&Signature=4du2FgzOekUkpNk4%2BswO9IULOWA%3D

Taken a few minutes ago in North West Glasnevin - tiny hail here now again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

innovated wrote: »
    any news on how the hunters wood area in firhouse is doing? was mental when i left for work yesterday and work put me up in hotel lastnight to make sure that i could get in cause they heard bad reports bout m50 last night.

Planing on going home soon so hope its not too bad

She should leave sooner rather than later - N4 was considered impassable by Dublin bus by about 14.00 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Look at the system building up off the northwest of Donegal, they could be in for a battering later today if it continues to progress.

Is that the front due to come down tonight/tomorrow?

Sounds like Dublin Airport closing again, plus think I heard him mention rain? hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Real snowflakes at last!! D18, and I've just finished shovelling snow off the path! Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this? I was about to head to Heathrow to get my flight in 2 hours. Might not bother now.

Heard this aswel on the dublin airport freq....airport closing in the next 5 minutes but confirm with your airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Kiith wrote: »

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

LookingFor wrote: »
    Is that the front due to come down tonight/tomorrow?

Hard to tell, judging by www.sat24.com probably some time this evening but a lot can chappen between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Hi All

Working out in Meath - is this due to get better or worse tonight?

Job's been closed the last 2 days - is it due to remain closed for friday you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Clouds are clearing to the north over glasnevin/drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭token56

what's all this talk about rain? we're only after getting a decent snowfall last night, need it to last for a while at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Nearly 9 inches in my garden and over a foot in the drifts and its still snowing!! (Carrickmines)

76346_465409248762_747378762_5767891_5769797_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Snow to sleet in D2.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

crosstownk wrote: »
    Starting to snow again here in north D15.

Can anyone report what it's like in the Terenure/Templeogue area?
    Seems to be chucking it down. Im just south of the nure and its been snowing pretty much all morning. Roads are variable. Main drags are OK with care, but side roads are well dodgy.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I really feel like I am missing out on the snow :mad: Not a bit of it in Cavan the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

For Dublin Airport info

http://twitter.com/dublinairport

Snowing pretty heavily in Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

She should leave sooner rather than later - N4 was considered impassable by Dublin bus by about 14.00 yesterday.

im now just waiting on the boss giving the ok for me to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

spockety wrote: »
    I'm in Firhouse and I've seen the heaviest snow in the last 2 hours that I've seen all week. Having said that it's not sustained, more like 10 minute bursts every half hour or so. I would say about 2 more inches have accumulated since this morning, perhaps more.

thats what we had here in enfield yesterday, sunny skies here all day sofar, can see clouds in the distance but they are heading southwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭thomasj

Snowing again in d15 (hartstown)

Seems to be fairly heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

DAA says all flights into and out of Dublin Airport have been suspended because of the weather.

Very light snow in Sandyford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Snow again in Lucan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement