Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Getting a good bit of snow here in D1 for the last 45mins or so. Compared to yesterday it's like a ghost town out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Right, heres the situation in Dublin 11, Non-stop snow/hail since 9:30 at 11:00 Blizzard conditions :D still coming down pretty heavy with no let up, so don't drive anywhere near here !

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Citywest/Saggart is really taking a pasteing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I just want to post this picture taken 5 minutes ago so people can feel my pain. To the snow haters out there, they will think we are the luckiest sods ever here near Bray seafront. However, I am a snow lover so I am in the depths of depression reading the 12-16-18 inches and current blizzard reports from across the east coast.

Without further ado.

First road back from Seafront Bray Thursday Dec 2nd 11:55am

5226260810_9f0467a5ed_z_d.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dont know the official amounts, but we got TONS of snow last night.

Also just saw 67 pass by, yet DB says they are off. :confused: when i cn get on the site.

Any lucanites know the story with buses today, ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Calibos wrote: »
    First road back from Seafront Bray Thursday Dec 2nd 11:55am

Oh dear, that does look a little sad! Heavy snow here now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

dmaprelude wrote: »
    Citywest/Saggart is really taking a pasteing!

Never seen the like of it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

on and off snow here about 10-15cm if snow hope it come down heavey road are very slippy:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 réaltóg

http://www.dublinbus.ie/ has the latest bus news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Changing from heavy snow to sunny spell to freezing rain to graupel back to heavy snow here in Wexford Town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Calibos wrote: »
    5226260810_9f0467a5ed_z_d.jpg
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My sincere condolances. As a fellow Wicklow native it's an all too familar sight. Temps in the low single figures, sleet/graupel/rain. Really know how you feel. Hasn't really been any recent activity (or at least any that makes any difference) where I am but outside Wicklow Town there is still a good 3 inches covered.

I would imagine there is some pretty close to where you are if you went off the beaten/sheltered track though, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Calibos I'm feeling your pain. Not much snow here either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

When it's working!
    réaltóg wrote: »
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/ has the latest bus news

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus it's chucking it down out there now. Anyone know how Firhouse is at the moment? Was bad enough leaving for work this morning, but with this on top it must be mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

Instead of people saying it snowing "here", can you say where you actually are!! thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 réaltóg

When it's working!

Working grand for me this morning. Think it's time to start thinking about leaving work :D Anyone know what it's like around Drumcondra now?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Snowing all morrning here, 2ft 6 inches now on the ground in the centre of the road, up to 4 ft against walls and cars depending on which way wind is blowing.

Can't remember snow like this in my 32 years on planet earth. Haven't been to work all week, can't get my van out of the garden, cant even open the doors on it now. Called my mate in the council 5ft of snow at sally gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Ashbourne 103 bus running ok at the moment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Snow stopped here now. Still cloudy but brightness coming in from the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Still snowing outside Gorey now,really cant believe what Im seeing here.

Measured a spot in the garden,11.5 inches in total!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

melting here in portarlington :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

melting here in portarlington :(

At last some good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

been snowing on and off here in Sutton since 8.30. Goes from sunny skies to snow in seconds. temps showing 0 degrees here too.

my mum and dad are snowed in their house in south Wexford, been bucketing down there since early monrning too

no snow in Limerick, blue skies and sunshine according to my sister!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Instead of people saying it snowing "here", can you say where you actually are!! thanks :D
    most people have their locations under their usernames over there on the left of the screen. and if they don't they should and they're just dopey eejits for assuming that everyone else is psychic and automatically knows where "here" is! :p
    <----

still just sunny in navan. anyone in drogheda get a lashing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Snowing all morrning here, 2ft 6 inches now on the ground in the centre of the road, up to 4 ft against walls and cars depending on which way wind is blowing.

Can't remember snow like this in my 32 years on planet earth. Haven't been to work all week, can't get my van out of the garden, cant even open the doors on it now. Called my mate in the council 5ft of snow at sally gap.

and i would say that there are drifts of over 15 feet...always are. the highest snowfall in ireland is in the sally gap. I even asked Gerry Murphy when I was in Carrickmacross last week . 1st Cousin of my mate. Gerry is a bit dry but nice. He stated that the dublin/wicklow mountains gets highest snowfall in Ireland on average and can border on the extreme like last winter with snow lying till April.:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Sun starting to peek out now here in Old Kilcullen, -0.5 and rising, but it was dumping down about 20 minutes ago. Somewhere under the heaps of snow on the railing pillars are my back garden lights...

[IMG][/img]5225696037_e806050d3b_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

vibe666 wrote: »
    most people have their locations under their usernames over there on the left of the screen. and if they don't they should and they're just dopey eejits for assuming that everyone else is psychic and automatically knows where "here" is! :p

<----

Drogheda, southside: Bit of lazy snow falling at the moment, had a small bit earlier too. Had some snow overnight, but not as much as the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Lots of snow fell last night, and fairly heavy snow for most of the morning near Wexford town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

<----

but can people's locations not change?? They could be in work in the city centre and have their home as their location..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Light's changing in Collon, feels like something's on the way...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement