Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Those look tasty! Don't know too much about Astros but I'm curious about the layout he's using. 2P cp with the vertical monitor? I would have thought a single player cp would have suited better. And what's the second yellow button needed for on the 1P cp? Thought you'd only need a Start button for player one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Those look tasty! Don't know too much about Astros but I'm curious about the layout he's using. 2P cp with the vertical monitor? I would have thought a single player cp would have suited better. And what's the second yellow button needed for on the 1P cp? Thought you'd only need a Start button for player one.

well ,what i can deduce from that is he has no friends that like street fighter and at least 1 that likes shmups

some people like to play 2player side fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Andrew76 wrote: »

Start and credit perhaps??

geotrig wrote: »
    pity they arent turned on ,if i had the money id get one but kids, life ,50 billion bills etc :(:pac:

Im the same.
    not a great time to be selling "big" ticket items ,
    they might hang around for a while.
    + the fact there is 2 of them.
    I'd say you could get the 2 of them for a grand .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Selling two arcade machines in the run up to crimbo..id say there's definitely a deal to be done there alright!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A flood of TEST PS2s?
    http://www.adverts.ie/11675778

A little expensive this time, €200, some room for bargaining perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have a few bits up on adverts at the moment. There will be more getting added today so keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I have a few bits up on adverts at the moment. There will be more getting added today so keep an eye out

Any tasty bits? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A flood of TEST PS2s?
    http://www.adverts.ie/11675778

A little expensive this time, €200, some room for bargaining perhaps

Nabbed that Fat test PS2 for 150. So he's willing to go down on price on these at least.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Any tasty bits? :)

Few cakes and packets of tayto I'm sure.

Few higher end mega drive games, selling off a good bit of my collection recently. Funding pinball and few other arcade bits. I have an everdrive on the way to make up for the loss of games :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, Splatterhouse 3 has really become collectable hasnt it? Another one to add to the 'should have picked it up years ago when I had the chance' list.

Some really nice stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Those two Astros are a bit pricey, anyone find out if the monitors/power supplies work?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow, Splatterhouse 3 has really become collectable hasnt it? Another one to add to the 'should have picked it up years ago when I had the chance' list.

Some really nice stuff there.

Yeah, lot of them have taken a long time to collect. But I've already sold of a chunk to buy my new pin and I didn't miss them at all. A lot of these games I dont really play, and I play my pins whenever I get a chance and as much as I can.

Pinballs are a slippery slope kids. I think nothing of spending €200+ on lights at this stage :p

Also don't get married, say goodbye to all your money saving up for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Despite all things Retro getting expensive, there is still a bargain from time to time
    Sega Megadrive plus three games for €40

Obviously not worth this 120 but :
    http://www.adverts.ie/11757364

Might be some salvageable parts.

Hi Guys, havent been on here for ages as I've been working abroad and life has become far too busy and time consuming for me to get much time for anything arcade related. I'am back over in Ireland at the moment until the 19th of December and am trying to clear out the house for my big move in the summer. The house will be rented as Iam not sure the new residents will take kindly to a house stuffed with machines :) Anyways as I need these gone fairly sharply I'am offering them up on here at what I consider very reasonable prices for the community before they get listed on any other sites. A lot of time/money and effort has been put into these and I'd genuinely like to see them go to good homes. I'll start with the machines and list boards and other bits as I go along. The outrun machine is almost finished too, just needs some reassembly, it'll added once I get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hi Guys, havent been on here for ages as I've been working abroad and life has become far too busy and time consuming for me to get much time for anything arcade related. I'am back over in Ireland at the moment until the 19th of December and am trying to clear out the house for my big move in the summer. The house will be rented as Iam not sure the new residents will take kindly to a house stuffed with machines :) Anyways as I need these gone fairly sharply I'am offering them up on here at what I consider very reasonable prices for the community before they get listed on any other sites. A lot of time/money and effort has been put into these and I'd genuinely like to see them go to good homes. I'll start with the machines and list boards and other bits as I go along. The outrun machine is almost finished too, just needs some reassembly, it'll added once I get it sorted.

I'll gladly rent the house if all the machines come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

eddhorse wrote: »
    Obviously not worth this 120 but :
    http://www.adverts.ie/11757364

Might be some salvageable parts.
    The hard work is done.
    Wonder what that was? removing all the good **** and throwing it out:eek:
    In fairness I'd probably still buy it if he had the CRT and glass top as the control panel looks generally good and they wood doesn't look too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Wonder what that was? removing all the good **** and throwing it out:eek:
    In fairness I'd probably still buy it if he had the CRT and glass top as the control panel looks generally good and they wood doesn't look too bad.

It looks scratch built to me, looks similar to a taito space invaders except they have a hole cut out on that bottom panel that goes though into the metal base underneath to fit the neck off a crt. There is not way an arcade monitor was ever in that ! So I'd say he built it himself with the intentions of adding an LCD.

It looks scratch built to me, looks similar to a taito space invaders except they have a hole cut out on that bottom panel that goes though into the metal base underneath to fit the neck off a crt. There is not way an arcade monitor was ever in that ! So I'd say he built it himself with the intentions of adding an LCD.
    Oh yea just noticed that it isn't deep enough for a monitor, I just saw the control panels and jamma PSU. Weird he went to the bother of getting a Jamma psu and original control panels if he was using a Lcd, must have scrapped an original

• Advertisement

We're not too far now from a new Links thread...
    What was the agreed name for it again??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Pretty sure Atavans was the most thanked:
    "I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Black Friday 20% off
    www.krikzz.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Black Friday 20% off
    www.krikzz.com

Sweet, just picked up an Everdrive for my Master System, think that's the majority to them now. Wish he'd sell the labels though... mine are a bit tatty..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Black Friday 20% off
    www.krikzz.com

Thanks, just grabbed myself an Everdrive GBA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure how the prices are, but someone should be haggle him down a bit
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/15-panasonic-3do-games-rare-titles/11860843

Nice buy for someone.
    PS1 Capcom Generations
    The NTSC version is quite expensive, though I think many of the games, if not all, are on the PS2 Capcom collections too.
    Still, a nice selection over four discs, for €20

Price dropped on this, would be worth €50 for the control panels and PSU now, although one of the Control panels appears to be drilled
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-cocktail-machine-project/11757364?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=AdPriceUpdatedWatchlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement