Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    But you'd just have a sticky with a link to the Pi3 homepage then?? :p

I'd tell you to get out but we can't spare posters here, so we'll just have to squint, grumble and point at you in a decidedly unhappy manner

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

"I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Legend of Retro: A Link To The Deals
    I like it.
    I like it.
    450732.jpg
    Doge wrote: »
    I think this one could keep the same title as its descriptive, maybe a V2 or Return of could be thrown in.
    I hate it.
    433715.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

ooooh slick. I like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Atavan managed to twist my arm! Consider it a +1 at camp Doge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah that is a good one actually. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Or in Steves case :
    "I'd but that twice for a $: Retro Bargains"

Good title, bet he was hoarding that one for a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

eddhorse wrote: »
    Or in Steves case :
    "I'd but that twice for a $: Retro Bargains"

Good title, bet he was hoarding that one for a while.

I just recently watched Robocop 1&2 for the first time :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just recently watched Robocop 1&2 for the first time :pac:

Cops don't like me...
    and

I

Don't

Cops....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

https://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/arcade-gaming-machine/13633282

Defender up on Dung Deal. If this is original its in some nick!

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/arcade-gaming-machine/13633282

Defender up on Dung Deal. If this is original its in some nick!

The front of the cash box is very very new looking, as is the T-molding.
    I know these are "consumables" easily replaced, but it does have, at best, the bang of a complete restoration.
    You'd imagine that, over time, the side art would get scratched, being moved around carelessly over 35 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,552 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I'd seriously doubt the side art on that is original, unless it just rolled off the factory floor.

I thought the cash box looked a bit new and out of place too but if you google image search Defender cabs a lot of them have that exact one. Maybe he just cleaned the original up?

Either way, gorgeous looking cab, whether it's a restoration or he happened to invent a time machine and picked it up in the 80s!

This is the first one of these I've seen
    A PS2 TEST console, I've got a OG TEST PS2, but this time it's in the slim PStwo case.
    link
    This means region free PS and PS2 gaming out of the box.
    The seller is looking for €200 for it but I'm sure there's some bargaining to be done.
    NTcwZTg1N2I5ODFjOWIwYmYxMWY0YjJlZWMwZjFmZTRW6TdsnapD22tWyo1PxrNPaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYTY1ODJkYWNmYmU0MTE4MTM3YmRiOGE4NjljNDJjNjcwYWUxZTZiNDBmMjc2NDExYzVmZGIzNDFiNmEzNmM5ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg
    Only thing, and it isn't an issue for me but might be for a seller, this PS2 has no internal bay for a HDD, for homebrew and whatnot.
    By the same token, FreeMcBoot has allowed standard consoles to used with such things, so it may not be an issue any more.

I'd say, if it's all working, €150 would be a great price for a certainly rare piece of gaming goodness, plus no more swapping disks!

Master of the Universe

Strange to see one of them up on adverts!

Ronnie just put a lovely Aero up for sale. I don't know what it is, but Aeros always look so much smaller in photos than they are in person.

1310Aero%20(1).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This is the first one of these I've seen
    A PS2 TEST console, I've got a OG TEST PS2, but this time it's in the slim PStwo case.
    link
    This means region free PS and PS2 gaming out of the box.
    The seller is looking for €200 for it but I'm sure there's some bargaining to be done.
    NTcwZTg1N2I5ODFjOWIwYmYxMWY0YjJlZWMwZjFmZTRW6TdsnapD22tWyo1PxrNPaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYTY1ODJkYWNmYmU0MTE4MTM3YmRiOGE4NjljNDJjNjcwYWUxZTZiNDBmMjc2NDExYzVmZGIzNDFiNmEzNmM5ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg
    Only thing, and it isn't an issue for me but might be for a seller, this PS2 has no internal bay for a HDD, for homebrew and whatnot.
    By the same token, FreeMcBoot has allowed standard consoles to used with such things, so it may not be an issue any more.

I'd say, if it's all working, €150 would be a great price for a certainly rare piece of gaming goodness, plus no more swapping disks!

Yoink! :)

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yoink! :)

Nice get, it's a smashing device.
    And a capable beast.

The seller also has an OG TEST Ps2, and his/her starting price is €150 for that, so I'd say you could get it for €125, and that's a serious bargain for a nice way to do region free PS2 gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nice get, it's a smashing device.
    And a capable beast.

The seller also has an OG TEST Ps2, and his/her starting price is €150 for that, so I'd say you could get it for €125, and that's a serious bargain for a nice way to do region free PS2 gaming.

Yeah they have a few things, hopefully get a list of them and see whats what.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Adams family Pin on donedeal for those with space and money! no price listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

its 2.5k bargin!!!

Maximo and the Army of Zin for a fiver, not bad at all!
    http://www.adverts.ie/9646329

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Maximo and the Army of Zin for a fiver, not bad at all!
    http://www.adverts.ie/9646329

Well worth it. Can't remember how the difficulty compares to the original, christ that was hard!

It's a lovely looking game, solid in the way that Luigi's Mansion was filled with lovely models, and plays great, a love letter to the GnG series.

Master of the Universe

Never heard of it, must pick it up!

Dat dodgy cover art tho, reminds me of that uncomfortable era in the 90s when Japanese covers were westernised but still kept their anime look.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Never heard of it, must pick it up!

Dat dodgy cover art tho, reminds me of that uncomfortable era in the 90s when Japanese covers were westernised but still kept their anime look.

Afaik, the art is by Susumu Matsu****a, who illustrated the previous title (ha ha, Boards won't let me do his name! Matsush!ta)
    250px-Maximo_-_Ghosts_to_Glory_Coverart.png
    And is best know for the covers of Famitsu
    link
    Just image search his name, you'll see what I mean

Master of the Universe

Yeah he's pretty terrible, can see he can't/doesn't like drawing hands (literally covered them with a logo in the last cover!)

The game itself looks pretty cool though. I love the fact that over half a decade later there are still interesting ps2 games I've never even heard of.

Yeah he's pretty terrible, can see he can't/doesn't like drawing hands (literally covered them with a logo in the last cover!)

:eek:

He's a pretty big deal tbh

Here's a poster from his 40th anniversary
    blog_daimaru.jpg

And it's from his own blog
    http://sme-artist.way-nifty.com/

Master of the Universe

His control over cartoon type characters is fairly decent, but his anatomical drawing is absolute dire.

Just wtf

75810Y2.JPG

She looks about right to me

Master of the Universe

I walked into that one :pac:

• Advertisement

I walked into that one :pac:

Said the blind man to the actress

edit: Same seller has the first one as well
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/maximo-playstation-2-ps2-game/9646210
    You could get the pair, posted, for around a tenner.
    Nice!

The cover art is the same in the EU/Asia
    150662-Maximo_-_Ghosts_to_Glory_(USA)-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement