Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I had both of those back in the day. Great games for the most part. My copies came with no box, manual or print on the discs though for some reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember Maximo being a big deal on the PS2, being an early release for a console that was starved for anything decent on it for the longest while. I enjoyed it a lot but I feel age might not have been so kind on it. I remember it being balls hard for the first area until you got used to it. The sequel was much better but I wouldn't call them all that essential unless you are a massive fan of the franchise like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,553 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just got a couple of Belkin Wemo wireless plugs to connect up to the Echo Dot.

One is going to the stereo but the other is for the arcade machines.

'Alexa, switch on the arcade machines' - the inner nerd in me is extremely excited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Open the cash box doors Hal...
    I'm afraid I can't do that O1s1n

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Imagine the face on the poor belkin plugs in his apartment...

372.jpg

"I have seen terrible things. Terrible unspeakable things!" :eek:

• Advertisement

Not retro but the new Skyrim special edition is free on steam if you have the original + the 3 dlcs.
    I didnt have the dlcs but got them on kinguin for 8.50 !
    now I just need a new pc......

So this "bargain alert" just turned into a 600euro pc upgrade

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro but the new Skyrim special edition is free on steam if you have the original + the 3 dlcs.

No such luck of the same deal with on PS4, they'll hit previous owners up for the full amount regardless.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No such luck of the same deal with on PS4, they'll hit previous owners up for the full amount regardless.

Well in fairness Skyrim was never on the ps4 so its a new platform !
    while pc is still pc.

I'll prob end up getting it on the ps4 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say the remake is just a port of the PC version with the extra PC bells and whistles now added so would be a bit rich to ask full price for it. They did the same with Bioshock.

I'm actually surprised the publisher did this and have no complaints.

Skyrim fans are far too busy picking out just the right wolf pelt to wear to be interested in such things as RRP.

• Advertisement

So this "bargain alert" just turned into a 600euro pc upgrade

This "bargain" has turned into a 600 euro pc upgrade :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This "bargain" has turned into a 600 euro pc upgrade :o

Fair play! But get The Witcher 3 instead of Skyrim. :P

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Fair play! But get The Witcher 3 instead of Skyrim. :P

Now I'm back with the master race I have bioshock 1&2 remastered and skyrim to reply until my credit card recovers

Master of the Universe

Well here's a reason why you should never buy anything on ebay with your phone.

I came across what looked like really cool little gaming shadowboxes/dioramas on ebay.

Was going to buy a couple but decided to wait until I got home to have a look on the bigger screen.

Jesus :eek: thank feck I did, they're incredibly badly cut out/put together once you zoom in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Legend-of-Zelda-Hyrule-Dark-Map-Diorama-Shadow-Box-/222289326296?hash=item33c179f0d8:g:9OIAAOSwHsRYCooA

However, it did lead me to google to see if there was anyone doing this properly. Looks like there is.

They're quite a bit more expensive but look deadly.

https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/Decor8bitArt?ref=l2-shop-info-name

Now I'm back with the master race I have bioshock 1&2 remastered and skyrim to reply until my credit card recovers

As Andrew76 said, play Witcher 3 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

o1s1n wrote: »

They're quite a bit more expensive but look deadly.

https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/Decor8bitArt?ref=l2-shop-info-name

What a great idea! Thanks for posting this link. Really tempted by that FFVI Opera scene...

Master of the Universe

I really want the Chrono Trigger one with them all asleep around the fire!

If you had a way of printing high quality onto decent cardboard stock they'd be a bit of fun to make. Just need some foam to build the layers away from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really want the Chrono Trigger one with them all asleep around the fire!

If you had a way of printing high quality onto decent cardboard stock they'd be a bit of fun to make. Just need some foam to build the layers away from each other.

I've used those IKEA frames before for a different project. This does seem like an achievable thing to do at home alright......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Replica neo geo rental flags over on AO

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34442

MiVRtbql.jpg

Master of the Universe

I can't believe his last run of them was 4 years ago. Where does the time go? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

NTSC PS2 with games, controller, memory card and lead for only €20 in Cork:

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ntsc-sony-playstation-2-console-with-games/11662049

Bit of a no brainer at that price, used to work with the seller years ago.

Ntsc?
    I prefer pal myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ntsc?
    I prefer pal myself

60hz? Ugh no, 50hz all the way.

Ms Pacman Pinball, needs work, €720 link

A tidy looking upright for small money, no idea what work it might need, but it's a rock bottom price €180, and possibly can be bargained down further link

A working upright, and Electrocoin, with the monitor in the vertical orientation plus a 60in1 board, for €480 link

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

60hz? Ugh no, 50hz all the way.

If you mod your pal ps2 and use an rgb cable it plays NTSC games at 60hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

Looks like there 2 astros up on donedeal sorry no idea how to post a link

Nice looking cabs!
    Gotta be someone on here?

geotrig wrote: »
    Looks like there 2 astros up on donedeal sorry no idea how to post a link

Here you go!
    link

ZWQyYzVkNmQzOTM0N2VlNjliZTliMjBkZjIwMTZmN2EiXWZXdQ3D1cppEFXR-RR6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NDA4MDI4Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Not too far away from me either. Tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

pity they arent turned on ,if i had the money id get one but kids, life ,50 billion bills etc :(:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement