Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,547 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They need to be completely re-calibrated after the cap kit to really fix them. You need a special test cart to do this properly, I recently got one so I reckon I should have your old one fixed within the next 4-5 years :)

That one is great value, although probably best to collect it in person..

Cool! Would be great to get that going again.

Could you not just load the test cart rom onto a vecflash cart I wonder? Would be a useful tool for folks to have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They need to be completely re-calibrated after the cap kit to really fix them. You need a special test cart to do this properly, I recently got one so I reckon I should have your old one fixed within the next 4-5 years :)

That one is great value, although probably best to collect it in person..

Don't forget my Veccy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Cool! Would be great to get that going again.

Could you not just load the test cart rom onto a vecflash cart I wonder? Would be a useful tool for folks to have.

You can load the test cart rom onto a flash cart alright but, if the screen is as shagged as mine then its impossible to navigate the menus to find and start it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One for the technically minded,
    Looks like at least one, maybe two MVS boards plus a pair of games, for €80
    A bargain if you are handy at error finding and repair.
    http://www.adverts.ie/11143322

they are a bastard to fix tho!
    still a bargain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,873 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I had the money I'd jump on it. Waku Waku 7 is probably worth the price alone. God damn you car insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    God damn you car insurance!

...and buying MSX games :D

And tires,break pads,break disks etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 34,547 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's worth it for the price of Waku Waku 7 alright. If it's an original Puzzle Bobble that's worth a nice little sum too.

Doesn't look like the MvS boards are broken? He mentions an error but I think they're both booting okay?

I'd buy it myself but I've car ****e to be paying for too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

bargain unless they are boots :pac: lets be real though ,pb is worth about 20 quid at most ,anyway and as brownfinger said ,pain in the ass to fix the mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Those mvs boards came out of the cabs I posted a picture of a few months back. I think the serial number was cut off from the label on Waku Waku iirc, I didn't really examine them at the time. The mvs units are faulty afaik. I will be calling in to him at the weekend, there may be a few PCB available from the other cabs. I have to get my multicart back from him to test my own cab, it couldn't handle all the JammaCon goodness and decided to sh1t itself a couple of weeks ago. Sad times.

https://solarisjapan.com/search#q=nintendo%20classic%20famicom%20mini&page=0

Solaris are taking preorders on the Famicom mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nice one, I was hoping they'd stock it :)

I think that's the Christmas present sorted. I didn't pull the trigger on the nes mini myself, not yet in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Early Nintendo pong type clone. Don't think they are particularly rare.

its a pre nes game system thing ,no idea how it works ... there was a few different colourings and probably are different games I remember one being a pong type thing ,I don't recognise the description but ive seen a few on ebay before when looking for that nes muti game thing that retailers had I also forget the name of at the moment ....I hate getting old ! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That'd be a breakout/Arkanoid (as geotrig said) clone by Nintendo, you can see the various layout options shown above the Nintendo logo.

The price is a bit steep, seeing as it's untested.
    Thinking about adding one to the collection in the coming months.

• Advertisement

Whoa!
    What a nice pair!!!

Well, you'd be getting MGS2 Substance for €5 and MGS3 Subsistence for €8
    And they come with all the manuals and extra disks they should, for €13 for both....
    Has to be someone that needs them!

Wow, this thread approaches the magic 10,000 posts, and with it a new thread will begin.
    With this in mind the floor is open to suggestions for the thread that is to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wow, this thread approaches the magic 10,000 posts, and with it a new thread will begin.
    With this in mind the floor is open to suggestions for the thread that is to come...

I think this one could keep the same title as its descriptive, maybe a V2 or Return of could be thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Legend of Retro: A Link To The Deals

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doge wrote: »
    I think this one could keep the same title as its descriptive, maybe a V2 or Return of could be thrown in.

^ This.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    ^ This.

Agreed, keep it as similar as possible please. :)

Wow
    "Epic pathways to retrogaming greatness and goodness" is a non runner then?
    Boo hiss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Wow
    "Epic pathways Golden streets to retrogaming greatness and goodness" is a non runner then?
    Boo hiss...

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I vote for:
    Retro Bargains/Shops/Auction Links

Or:
    PM Steve X2 the links before posting any bargains here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wow
    "Epic pathways to retrogaming greatness and goodness" is a non runner then?
    Boo hiss...

But you'd just have a sticky with a link to the Pi3 homepage then?? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement