Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wonder does it auto reject offers under the reserve? might be useful in getting rid of low ballers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I wonder does it auto reject offers under the reserve? might be useful in getting rid of low ballers!

From the link:
    You will NOT receive any offers below your reserve price

I'd say the idea was to weed out lowballers, which is a great idea. Its the making of the Reserve price public that I find stupid. It should simply bounce back a lowball offer to whoever offered it saying "Your offer is below the reserve price set by the seller"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The whole system in Adverts is broken, you will still get them. Then you'll still have to deal with people who bid with no intention of actually paying for the item. And if you leave feedback you get negative feedback in return, it's too easy to set up another account. There should be some way of linking an address to your account. I know a lot of deals are done at meeting spots that suit both parties so in would not be a perfect solution. If a buyer reneged on a deal the seller could then report them for this and it would block any future accounts from the same address. I know a lot of people do seem to post stuff so it may help cut down on some of the messers although it would be open to abuse in its own way. Sellers could then choose whether they want to post to the registered address only. If you bought from somebody you know where to go back to if you got ripped off;) This latest move is a farce, is just too lax over there the mods need to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah I used to have the utmost confidence in the site before Daft took over, now most of my dealings are people I've bought from before or people with very high feedback, because the rules are so relaxed now that it's hard to trust anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Trying to buy stuff on Adverts became a frustrating waste of time years ago. I'd only bothering offering on ads belonging to regulars from this very forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, is it a numerical reserve or can you define it in terms of fractions of bags of crisps and bottles of Irnbru?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    just too lax over there the mods need to sort it out.

I'd say the mods are only allowed go so far, the site seems geared to just make money {which is normal} but at the expense of its own rules & functionality {which isn't right}.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've reported some complete numptys but they still are there, chancing their arm.
    I suppose it is a difficult place to moderate but, you'd imagine there would be some effort.

Master of the Universe

Here's an amazing list of auctions for any Sega enthusiasts.

Tec Toy got the rights for loads of Master System ports in Brazil. They ported Megadrive 16 bit games to the 8 bit system. This guy has games I didnt even know existed.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chruggers/m.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Here's an amazing list of auctions for any Sega enthusiasts.

Tec Toy got the rights for loads of Master System ports in Brazil. They ported Megadrive 16 bit games to the 8 bit system. This guy has games I didnt even know existed.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chruggers/m.html

Sonic 3D Blast on Master System?

Jaysus...

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Achilles wrote: »
    Sonic 3D Blast on Master System?

Jaysus...

Just called Sonic Blast in this case. It's a compeletely different game to the MD/Saturn versions. Still pretty interesting.

Just called Sonic Blast in this case. It's a compeletely different game to the MD/Saturn versions. Still pretty interesting.

My previous statement stands: JAYSUS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps2-debugging-station/2510972

Well that's not something I'd expect to see on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Frick !!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd say the mods are only allowed go so far, the site seems geared to just make money {which is normal} but at the expense of its own rules & functionality {which isn't right}.

I know there's that many degenerates that frequent its pages and it would be a big ask of anybody. I don't know how they expect somebody to actually part with cash to promote their listing though. There are ads marked as sold only to be relisted, this seems to be common place and accepted practice surely stamping out this would help their revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If you by any chance spot a sealed copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) in HMV, who're known to just randomly plonk them out on display for €12.99 (well, the Grafton St. branch), especially after you've just dropped €20 buying it used (no bitterness), I would suggest nabbing it, as the license has lapsed, and it's now out of print. Given the amazement that ensued it making it West in the first place, I don't envision it being renewed for anything other than perhaps a digital download on the HD consoles, and even then, not for some time.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120548-Capcom-Ceases-Printing-Tatsunoko-vs-Capcom
    Due to a lapsed licensing deal, copies of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom could become very hard to find.

If you've been meaning to pick up a copy of the 2010 fighting game Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars but just haven't gotten around to it, time is running out. Due to Capcom's licensing deal with Tansunoko lapsing, the publisher can no longer sell the Wii game in either physical or digital capacities. According to Capcom Senior Vice President Christian Svensson, it wouldn't resume publishing "unless Japan were to strike a new deal," though he didn't elaborate on whether that would ever be a possibility.

Though Amazon has already stopped selling Tatsunoko vs. Capcom in an official capacity, you may be able to find copies at your local retailers, and GameStop's website claims to have used copies in stock. Once stores sell through their new copies (if they even have any left), the market for the game will depend entirely on sellers of used copies.

When Marvel vs. Capcom 2 went out of print, the price of used copies of the Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast version eventually rose far beyond its original retail price. So if you already have a copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, you might want to hold on to it, because it could be worth more than you paid for it someday.

gawd damn Loch Ness Monster is selling on adverts again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Am open to offers and Trades. Welcome to come over and have a shot of it too.

Anything in particular you're after by way of trade?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I would love a boxed copy of snowboard kids 2 :P

Seriously tho, I would trade for N64 stuff. Trying to complete my CIB collection but have a long way to go.

• Advertisement

Bugger, nothing but common stuff here I'm afraid, and precious few boxes at that..... ho hum...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stoneage gamer are selling ET for the 2600 for 1 cent.

http://stoneagegamer.com/2600_used_games.aspx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Stoneage gamer are selling ET for the 2600 for 1 cent.

http://stoneagegamer.com/2600_used_games.aspx

It's 1.99 now :( what a rip off!

Is it worth having though, and will it work on a PAL 2600?
    I still remember it being demoed on a Late Late Toy Show back in the day, to show off a fancy, shmancy, Atari...
    Epic Fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

It's 1.99 now :( what a rip off!

Increase 199% Sure its only gonna get more valuable!

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Increase 199% Sure its only gonna get more valuable!

that's line one in The Rage's employee handbook.

I wonder what'd happen if we bought up 10 copies each then tried to trade them in at the rage?

I'd love to see what price they end up trying to charge for them in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Could we get a cart of it actually signed by ET

Master of the Universe

Anyone looking for a quick investment? This guy in China is selling stuff for cheap. Two stand out items, Neo Drift Out and Flip Shot complete MVS kits. Unused! Going for a fraction of what they should be. Only 53 euro!

Unfortunately the Drift Out ones are gone (thanks to the lads over on Neo-geo.com spotting it and pouncing on them all), but he still has 3 Flip Shots left. Just picked one up myself (And I already have the game!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNK-MVS-NEO-GEO-Flip-Shot-game-card-original-full-kit-/271131201123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f20adce63

Just to give you a comparison of worth, one which sold for €150

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIP-SHOT-FULL-KIT-NEO-GEO-MVS-KIT-RARISSIMO-/380520016527?cmd=ViewItem&category=575&ih=025&nma=true&si=%2Bm52j7vycPfBHUNhvddg7IRX%2Bac%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I also nabbed a Shock Troopers 2nd Squad from him too. It's all pretty damn cheap and he has multiples

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281044577594&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

****! I wish I had money in my account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement