Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Strange ad even for Adverts.
    http://www.adverts.ie/2486524

• Registered Users Posts: 34,588 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Awh the ad is gone. I take it it was someone offering games for a lend?

PS3 Game to Borrow Until April: Devil May Cry 4 ...

o1s1n wrote: »
    Awh the ad is gone. I take it it was someone offering games for a lend?

PS3 Game to Borrow Until April: Devil May Cry 4 ...

It had to be a p1sstake, Nobody can love themselves that much. It was just :confused::pac:
    Description:

ONLY AVAILABLE TO TOP SELLERS!!!!!
    e.g. those with 4 stars or above

Thank you very much for your interest.
    Offer is limited to 1 game per person; please choose just one game.

I'm going to wait about a week, to collect those who are interested.

If there is more than 1 eligible (i.e. highly ranked seller) person interested,
    selection will be based on a simple riddle:
    quickest correct response gets the game

"PS3 game is in Superb Condition":

Facts:

NO missing manual
    NO cracked case
    NO faulty discs.
    ONLY 1 previous owner (myself)

Postage:
    Request €1 to post the game to anywhere in Ireland

Reason for loaning:

Due to academic commitments, I will not be able to find the time to play this title for the immediate future;
    Hopefully someone else can enjoy the game in the meantime :)

Queries:
    If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me via private message.

Guarantee:
    QUALITY item,

Don't take just my word for it, listen to what previous buyers had to say:

gooddeals:
    "Have no doubt that your dealing with a class seller. Fast postage,perfect item and excellent communication 10/10"

Stewart Tormey:
    "100% Top notch lad! Couldn't find a nicer, more genuine bloke on adverts! Thanks mate!"

Doo:
    "Brilliant item just as described and fast postage. Thank you very much!"

grainnetobin:
    "Excellent seller. Communicated throughout the whole process to ensure quick shipping after payment. Book in excellent condition, exactly as described"

Colinbirdhouse1:
    "Incredible high class seller, Nice detail about item and personal email about shipping. 100 per cent positively recommended. A+++++"

azazel87:
    "Really great human being. Thanks friend!!"

celticmad2012
    "I Would Highly recommend This Seller Lovely Guy Really Helpful A +++"

Moyi8:
    "I was very happy with this seller,he was prompt, courteous and friendly. The transaction was smooth and quick. A++"
    Short link: http://www.adverts.ie/2486524

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it took all my restraint not to troll that "ad"

it took all my restraint not to troll that "ad"

It had endless options on where to start doing it too.

• Advertisement

you'd think this guy would have learned his lesson from when his ads were pulled the last time

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/rogue-galaxy-ps2/2492054

I'm actually surprised he's still allowed on adverts given he's selling pirated dvds too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, it's a schoolgirl, of asian extraction.
    Very pleasant to speak to, I met up with her to buy some games from here some months ago and was surprised to find that every single one of her games were knock offs, and not very good ones, with the surface print done in a rudimentary manner.
    When I saw the selection, I had been prepared to spend some €30 on them, I walked away, but not before she asked would I be willing to take them off her hands for less!
    I recommended that she take them down from Adverts as they were against policy and she didn't, so I dropped a line to the moderators.
    Now I see they are all back up, in some instances she's looking for even more money!
    I don't even know what sort of PS2 these will work on, chipped, NTSC, no idea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Asian schoolgirl?!

Offer €500, collect immediately.

Master of the Universe

Why do I have a feeling I'll be seeing a mock up of your face on the news by the end of the week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

you'd think this guy would have learned his lesson from when his ads were pulled the last time

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/rogue-galaxy-ps2/2492054

I'm actually surprised he's still allowed on adverts given he's selling pirated dvds too

332 adverts majority of which are pirate movies, games, etc how are adverts letting her away with it?
    http://touch.adverts.ie/search/user-635293

Some interesting feedback there lol
    adverts wrote:
    alsky003 says about: gins
    15/11/2012 9:19 pm (1 month ago):
    very sweet...kind ,humble...good manner seller that puts u in a comfortable way when making a transaction..nice meeting u n good luck
    Love being in a comfortable way when I'm buying stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 anthonyross

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-video-games-consoles-in-dublin/some-old-games-consoels-445291163
    some free stuff be quick id love these but im in dundalk any dublin people be quick free sweet :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Saw Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel for the PS3 in the Pavilions today, looks like a Sera/Retr0 kinda game tbh...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-video-games-consoles-in-dublin/some-old-games-consoels-445291163
    some free stuff be quick id love these but im in dundalk any dublin people be quick free sweet :)

Fired him an email there so ill see what the story is. Gumtree can be a bit bogey though

I sent a text but no reply :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I sent a text but no reply :(

Same here, probably a pissed off girlfriend/wife.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Saw Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel for the PS3 in the Pavilions today, looks like a Sera/Retr0 kinda game tbh...

A game where you have to strip weak willed girls that look like they are 10 (but aren't because the manual says so) to unlock their latent magical abilities isn't for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A game where you have to strip weak willed girls that look like they are 10 (but aren't because the manual says so) to unlock their latent magical abilities isn't for me.

Pretty easy to figure out what your new year resolutions were so :D

Had Retr0 been able to play as the strippable weak willed girl he'd have been all over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know where I can buy an official Gamecube controller at a decent price? Been trying adverts but most don't post or want to sell it with a gamecube.

I'm around the Cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy an official Gamecube controller at a decent price? Been trying adverts but most don't post or want to sell it with a gamecube.

I'm around the Cork area.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-Purple-Controller-Pad-For-Nintendo-GameCube-GC-Wii-New-Classic-Joypad-Remote-/370714080662?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item565047f596

Seems like a decent price for two although I don't think they're official. Should be fully compatible though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

http://www.adverts.ie/2504010
    Bit of an odd one this , its a Vtech computer aimed at 9-12 year olds from 1988, BUT it has built in BASIC, and a nice manual with the basic..er BASICS.
    tiny screen and nowhere to save to , but the keyboard on it is better than most of the home computers of the era.I'd hang on to it but it doesnt really match the rest of my home computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Achilles wrote: »

Thanks, got one off adverts and a memory card

Dr Bob wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/2504010
    Bit of an odd one this , its a Vtech computer aimed at 9-12 year olds from 1988, BUT it has built in BASIC, and a nice manual with the basic..er BASICS.
    tiny screen and nowhere to save to , but the keyboard on it is better than most of the home computers of the era.I'd hang on to it but it doesnt really match the rest of my home computers.

I actually had that when I was growing up, was great fun, the typing part was actually very good.

Also had it's musical alter ego too

$(KGrHqZHJEcFCZS89zq5BQ)LCUCG0g~~60_35.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I actually had that when I was growing up, was great fun, the typing part was actually very good.

Also had it's musical alter ego too

$(KGrHqZHJEcFCZS89zq5BQ)LCUCG0g~~60_35.JPG
    yeah , its a freakin' lovely keyboard.
    Think it might be an ebay job rather than adverts , its uncommon enough , but a bit too niche.
    changed the price as well, managed to put it in for a bit higher than I meant too (which is what happens when I try and talk to someone and post ads at the same time)

I see Adverts have taken the good idea of implementing a reserve price option...a good idea until I read the fact that "your reserve price is public".

Seller - Boxed Megadrive - Asking price €50, Reserve Price €40
    Buyer - Offer €40
    Seller - Offer accepted, sold.

You have to wonder what sense it makes having the reserve price as public, its automatically showing the lowest price your willing to accept :confused: The sole good thing though is that offers less than your reserve price will be auto rejected so Jack Burtons days are over.

Theres so many ways you could make adverts better, somehow though, the powers that be are oblivious to them

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    I see Adverts have taken the good idea of implementing a reserve price option...a good idea until I read the fact that "your reserve price is public".

Seller - Boxed Megadrive - Asking price €50, Reserve Price €40
    Buyer - Offer €40
    Seller - Offer accepted, sold.

You have to wonder what sense it makes having the reserve price as public, its automatically showing the lowest price your willing to accept :confused: The sole good thing though is that offers less than your reserve price will be auto rejected so Jack Burtons days are over.

Theres so many ways you could make adverts better, somehow though, the powers that be are oblivious to them

Hahahahaha. That has to be a development oversight? Absolutely daft if not!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hahahahaha. That has to be a development oversight? Absolutely daft if not!

Baffling decision alright - http://blog.adverts.ie/index.php/2013/01/10/new-set-a-reserve-price-on-your-ad/
    -Your reserve price is public

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ok I want this ammount.....But i'll take 20 quid less that that

This will just end up as both prices being like a euro in the difference

Plus the whole point of a reserve is for auctions isnt it? Not where you have a asking price

Ok I want this ammount.....But i'll take 20 quid less that that

Thats exactly it. Apparently if you set the reserve price the same as the asking price, the ad shows up as non negotiable.

So basically you have to admit you'll take an exact amount less than your asking, or it shows up your not willing to haggle. Mind bogglingly stupid idea, if it shows up as non negotiable it'll just put people off bothering as they think their offers will auto reject.

The whole site should have an auction option, but tbh, until the feedback system actually works & the site makes a big deal out of bad feedback, nothing will help it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

well you could have say an asking price of 100 on something. then a reserve of 60.

First person offers 60, second offers 70, first comes back with 75 etc so it turns it into a bit of an auction? Thats the only way i could think of it making sense, its still stupid though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement