Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A starting bid of 15k & the lazy fecker won't even list the items because there's 'too much'? Sounds like the type of lad I'd drop 15k with :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nice collection alright but the ad is a bit lightweight considering the price, for I'd be looking for full model numbers of everything.

Might contact him and ask does he have any Amstrad stuff in there :)

It's about 5/6k too much though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,817 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It wouldn't be Apple if it wasn't 50% more expensive than what it should be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I hope the stink of pretentious tosser has been flushed from the collection.
    And by that I am insulting the entire Apple computer buying population, not the guy selling the collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I buy some Apple stuff, and some non Apple stuff. I'm not a fanboy or anything but they make some nice stuff and they make you pay for it.
    If you like what they sell and have the means then buy it, or don't.

I have a whole bunch of 1980s Apple stuff Mac Classic, Mac SE, Mac SE/30, Apple IIc, nothing modern though (unless you count a G4 as modern?)
    To balance it out, I'v a load of IBM/Microsoft stuff too :-) :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, I wasn't being entirely serious, but I do have a graphic designer acquaintance who would drive you mad with her Apple fanbo–ism.
    It's as is Apple invented it all and every other product, be it computer, phone or media player, is only a pale knock off.

Which is why my PC, Android, XBMC owning ass annoys her so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,455 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The only time a person has ever gotten up in my face aggressively about a piece of technology was an Apple fan.

I wish I could say I was entirely surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I know practically nothing of Apple stuff. It seems very polished, but overly expensive & less compatible with things than its rivals are. I'm pretty sure there has to be more to them than that though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    The only time a person has ever gotten up in my face aggressively about a piece of technology was an Apple fan.

I wish I could say I was entirely surprised.

There's a guy in work who's a mental Apple fanboy (or fanbois as they're called). He almost cried when he found out I've an Apple 1 and got really upset when he realised I'm not a crazed apple fan at all :)

Well to be honest, the Apple stuff "feels" (physically and software wise) much nicer and polished. Ironically the PC stuff started out higher priced than the Apple stuff, and as we all know, that has reversed, exponentially. I think these pictures speak for themselves:
    IBM 5150 + MDA monochrome monitor against a Mac Classic - going for form factor here - (I'm restoring it hence the rust on top)
    IMG_6411_zps62e6f2cd.jpg

IBM Mouse and Keyboard (probable combined weight of around 5kg)
    IMG_6412_zps2031a344.jpg

Apple Macintosh Mouse and Keyboard (combined weight around 800g)
    IMG_6413_zps03188863.jpg

However, I'v always said.. hit a Mac with a sledge and you break the Mac.. hit an IBM with a sledge and you break the sledge :pac:

Well, I have seen the work that my sister in law does on her Mac workstation and it's nothing a PC can't do for a lot less expense.
    And enormous amount of the attraction seems to be the design and little else.
    And, sure a light attractive keyboard, touchpad and mouse setup on the typical Mac, fecking thing is twice the price of the same tech on a PC.
    I might pick up an old iMac for the craic, the crt models with the candy colour schemes, stick Mame and an arcade stick on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Well to be honest, the Apple stuff "feels" (physically and software wise) much nicer and polished.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that. I think their products have a certain slickness to them that's hard to match. At the end of the day it's up to buyers if they want to part with the extra cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Looks like a snes mouse for anyone wanting to play mario paint :P
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/snes-sega-other/2140772

But the niceness, the slickness is at the expense of openess.
    You may love the experience it delivers but you are then locked into the Apple machine, itunes and the rest.
    I had an ipod classic, now have a 4th gen Nano til I find a music player I like, and I use Sharepod with it.
    It's a great program and lets me manage my music, move it around, burn it to cd if I want, much better than itunes, if I have to stare at the Sync screen for another 15 mins I'll go mental!

This is some Japanese Nintendo stuff ending soon, ain't too cheap but it's some of the nicest stuff I have seen in a while on ebay. Unfortunately I have been cleaned out earlier in the month by two fat men. Both Michael Noonan and Santa Claus took their toll on my wallet:(

http://shop.ebay.fr/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m7&rt=nc&_stpos=-1&_fcid=-1&_trkparms=algo&cmd=Blend&_ssn=paradise-avenue&cmd=Blend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Hi,
    Argos selling JAX space invader (plus 10 or so other games) for 14.99. Authentic arcade joystick and some retro classics for 15 euro you cant go wrong...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9084807/Trail/searchtext%3ESPACE+INVADER.htm

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,455 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Now that was a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was too slow.

Just picked one up, think they've one left, PC World in Air side Swords have the Wii U Controller Pro for 22 euro, over half the regular price. I'd say it's the same in all branches with stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nice one on the 3do, isnt the 3do version of Night Trap slightly different to the other versions?

Nice one on the 3do, isnt the 3do version of Night Trap slightly different to the other versions?

No, they're all sh1te:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,817 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's got far and away the best video quality. All the better to fap over Dana Plato.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Ok,

So about two years ago I killed my collection, literally sold everything and about two weeks later regretted doing so. Since then I've rebuilt it back, slowly, the only console I'm missing at the mo is the Saturn. I've had an offer of one, but I'm not entirely happy with what the guy is looking for it (trade his console, two pads and one game for my Gamecube plus six games, granted mine is a spare but I've learnt having two of everything is good !), what do you guys think ? Or could anyone point me in the direction of what I should be paying out for one ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

You can pick up a saturn for about 50 on Ebay if you use parcel motel to save on shipping. most come with a couple of games.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Saturn-Black-Console-PAL-3-games-fully-tested-/300840732165?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item460b814605

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement