Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jesus...this is still on adverts. I kind of want to buy it because I feel bad for the seller

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps1-console-storage-unit-tv-stand-price-drop-priced-to-clear-open-to-offers/538388

Some of those cheap b@stard offers made me laugh - "offer 5", "does the 6 include postage" ffs. :pac:

Surprised he didn't accept deanmental's offer though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck it, need the money to contribute to paying for my wife's new car,
    Ibara PS2 up for sale.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ibara PS2 up for sale.... :([/URL]

Lol at being caught profiteering. Not that the mods will do anything about it mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »

Lol at being caught profiteering. Not that the mods will do anything about it mind.
    Don't think it's quite that when the value of Ibara is typically between 120 and 160, regardless of how much I got it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn do you work for The R.A.G.E by any chance?

*runs away*

• Advertisement

Don't think it's quite that when the value of Ibara is typically between 120 and 160, regardless of how much I got it for.

Maybe not profiteering true, but you've been bamboozled anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Who has time to be going thru old posts looking for evidence ? Either way Cidey found a new friend :)

Thread is wrecked Cidey, close that bad boy & open another one. Any genuine buyer will have to read through all that rubbish could put 'em off

Offer €10!

I'm pretty disappointed tbh.
    I mean, the opening price €150 was just that, an opening price.
    I was hoping someone with a love of the genre and with some money burning a hole in their pocket would dig deep and buy it, maybe around the €120 mark, but now, thank's to a certain ball-less numpty, the sale is somewhat spoiled.
    Not pleased, hoping the mods will do something, who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Feck! That's some mad stalkerage going on there Cidona. I'd ask the adverts mods if they can run a muppetcheck to see who it's a rereg of.

I'm pretty disappointed tbh.
    I mean, the opening price €150 was just that, an opening price.
    I was hoping someone with a love of the genre and with some money burning a hole in their pocket would dig deep and buy it, maybe around the €120 mark, but now, thank's to a certain ball-less numpty, the sale is somewhat spoiled.
    Not pleased, hoping the mods will do something, who knows?

1) Report thread.
    2) Type in the offenders comments are not constructive to the thread & off topic
    3) Click the blacklist box in the report window, user is then blacklisted.
    4) Create duplicate thread, leaving original one open so the mods can take whatever action.
    5) Close original thread when said action is taken.

Done already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Feck it, need the money to contribute to paying for my wife's new car,

Sorry to hear about the hassle on the ad, but next time pictures or gtfo:pac:

Feckers won't let me post a new ad up for Ibara!
    Bugger!

Feckers won't let me post a new ad up for Ibara!
    Bugger!

:confused: Withdraw the ad & make a new one?

I did but they refuse to post my new Ibara ad as it is a duplicate of a previous one.
    Bugger!
    Need the fundage asap, could do with it live.

I did but they refuse to post my new Ibara ad as it is a duplicate of a previous one.
    Bugger!
    Need the fundage asap, could do with it live.

Then change some details in the ad, change the price by €10 etc just to make it different. Are you dealing with Adverts direct or through here? Don't deal with them directly, I'd an issue there recently & the muppetry one of the 'mods' wrote back to me was utter nonsense. I posted in the boards/adverts helpdesk & the issue was sorted straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

EnterNow wrote: »
    Then change some details in the ad, change the price by €10 etc just to make it different. Are you dealing with Adverts direct or through here? Don't deal with them directly, I'd an issue there recently & the muppetry one of the 'mods' wrote back to me was utter nonsense. I posted in the boards/adverts helpdesk & the issue was sorted straight away

Exactly, bundle it together one of the multiple copies of Streets of Rage that you have hid in the attic at nominal 1 cent extra.:p The add has been ruined because of that lad, in a case like that where you have asked to have comments removed, all comments whether quoting the troll or defending yourself should go too.The mods must be a bit flakey compared to those here on Boards.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcMz0bBfvSW-LzhNESHgj6ABkuAD9EI3KlttsddLtLlmVugifSqA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I must say that is funny sh1t.
    Adverts to a tee. Simple ad for a top notch shump destroyed in the blink of an eye.
    The place of full of spastics...
    Still im laughing at it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

20 for everything that's left, bargain http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps1-games/2041822

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

Hi I was just wondering, is this as good value as it seems?

http://www.adverts.ie/2412827

or is the famicom version worth significantly less than PAL?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Whats with people not replying on adverts... is the fact I have practically no feedback or are people on there just jerks. I mean I'm even offering the asking price, he's been online and even accepted other offers on the same advert. Just want to know if I can spend the damn moneys elsewhere. Frustrating as hell. At least fleabay you just buy it know or bid, this whole offer, have a chat ****e is lame.
    rant over :pac:

Danonino. wrote: »
    Whats with people not replying on adverts... is the fact I have practically no feedback or are people on there just jerks. I mean I'm even offering the asking price, he's been online and even accepted other offers on the same advert. Just want to know if I can spend the damn moneys elsewhere. Frustrating as hell. At least fleabay you just buy it know or bid, this whole offer, have a chat ****e is lame.
    rant over :pac:

That's usually when it's been sold off site and the OP can't be arsed marking it as sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Typical adverts really, people advertising stuff they have for sale elsewhere and never updating the advert. putting stuff up at crazy money because they know they will get offers of half what its put up for, I tend to just use ebay these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

this guys got a pinball machine for sale
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/businessopportunities/4237006

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

gog.com
    are doing Baldurs Gate/Baldurs Gate II. Icewind Dale , Icewind Dale II, Planescape Torment , Neverwinter nights and another 3 games for 16 quid for the next 20 hours, which is a pretty good deal. Planescape Torment is a fecking awesome game and well worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh god yeah. /drool.

It's the whole 'owning something you're not meant to/allowed to own'. I get that something terrible. Had to stop though as it's a habit which will end up costing you a fortune!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement