Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm looking for a real mint A1200 myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm looking for a real mint A1200 myself at the moment.

I think I sold you a mint amiga 600 before did I not? This 1200 is in fabulous condition aswell.

mondeo wrote: »
    I think I sold you a mint amiga 600 before did I not? This 1200 is in fabulous condition aswell.

I think so yeah. It's the one I did the floppy disk emulator mod on.
    dsc2503j.jpg

I've been keeping an eye out for a minty A1200 on and off since my old one decided life was too hard and basically melted.

I might just pop an offer on that one on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Ye thats right I remember delivering it to you. I accepted your offer in adverts:).

mondeo wrote: »
    Ye thats right I remember delivering it to you. I accepted your offer in adverts:).

Just replied to your PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Not sure whether to post here or just go directly to the 'Dreamers...' thread :)

But anyway, another bartop for sale. Its not cheap but rather unique.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-bartop-cabinet/2416679

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Not sure whether to post here or just go directly to the 'Dreamers...' thread :)

But anyway, another bartop for sale. Its not cheap but rather unique.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-bartop-cabinet/2416679

Lovely work, but its priced way outta the water...its nearly in candy cab money land

Ya I know its priced on the high side alright but trust me I'm not making much on it (nothing if labour is included !!). Targeting someone who can't get a full size cab for whatever reason.. ah sure if it doesn't sell then I get to keep it :)

Ya I know its priced on the high side alright but trust me I'm not making much on it (nothing if labour is included !!). Targeting someone who can't get a full size cab for whatever reason.. ah sure if it doesn't sell then I get to keep it :)

Oh I hadn't even noticed it was you selling it! :o At least I complimented the work, it looks really well done. As you said its rarely the type of thing you get to charge for what goes into making it. Lovely wood effect on the front :)

I'd be surprised if you got the guts of seven ton for it tho...

EnterNow wrote: »
    Oh I hadn't even noticed it was you selling it! :o At least I complimented the work, it looks really well done. As you said its rarely the type of thing you get to charge for what goes into making it. Lovely wood effect on the front :)

I'd be surprised if you got the guts of seven ton for it tho...

Wood effect !! Its all real wood, lots and lots of planks - total pain in the a... to make and never doing one like it again. :D

Ah, we'll see how it goes anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely craftsmanship dude, I thought bartops were normally in the 250-300 neighbourhood though. I see an offer well above that so I must be out of touch. :)

Wood effect !! Its all real wood

It would want to be for the price :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yes, I like my bartops to have the rich smell of mahogany...

Fup you San Diego!

and the buttons are hand craved from unicorn horn :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here's a thing....
    Wii U for €275

Now, as far as I know, if something is too good to be true, it typically is and, in this instance, it'll possibly turn out to be a ready brek box with the words "WeeU" written on the side in Sharpie marker.
    But, we shall see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,452 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Master of the Universe

Zelda collector selling off his collection separately. Some mad rare stuff in here

http://www.ebay.com/sch/link-tothepast/m.html

Master of the Universe

Remember that countertop Snes shop display which was on sale a little while ago? Well it has nothing on this! Serious want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281033552928

o1s1n wrote: »
    Remember that countertop Snes shop display which was on sale a little while ago? Well it has nothing on this! Serious want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281033552928

So cool, first thing he should do though is take out that p1ss coloured Snes & put a non yellowed one in.

Master of the Universe

It's a difficult one - do you keep it all original or replace parts?

If it were me I'd keep the original one there but try and bring back the colour with retrobright. Would also need to get the original CRT working again, it even has a little Super Nintendo logo on it!

• Advertisement

Replace the SNES case at least, no different the fixing rust and respray a valued classic car :)

Master of the Universe

That would be the same as completely replacing the bodywork on the car. So it wouldn't really be the same car anymore. sacrilege! :D

Shouldn't have bought one that rusty then :)

You'd have to change the case, at least while you waiting the 6 or 7 year it took retrobrite to clean the original one up.

Master of the Universe

Well if we're replacing the case, we may as well completely get rid of the NTSC US horror show and put a PAL/Famicom type one on instead ;)

I don't think swapping out the yellowed Snes in place of a non yellowed one would make it any less original for me. It was originally a minty white Snes in there, so no harm in replacing it.

The stand is the cool thing here, not the Snes inside it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Zelda collector selling off his collection separately. Some mad rare stuff in here

Would bring a watery thing to the eye when you see someone who obviously loved something selling it all off.
    And yes punctuation is off today and bad grammar is arrived this today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Master of the Universe

I don't think swapping out the yellowed Snes in place of a non yellowed one would make it any less original for me. It was originally a minty white Snes in there, so no harm in replacing it.

The stand is the cool thing here, not the Snes inside it :)

Ah yeah, it's a personal thing really. For me it's 'original' if it's what was sitting on the floor in the display. If I replaced the snes then it wouldn't be original anymore and I'd know it was a different 'home' snes.

It's incredibly stupid but that's just how my brain works for some reason. I'm still debating whether or not to swap out the original sticks in my cab. They work great, but new ones would work better. But then they wouldn't be original...

It's the whole restoration versus leaving things as they are. The first time I can remember being appauled by it was when Bray town hall was restored. They took bricks out and either cleaned them or replaced them. When I was a kid it really upset me for some reason. I remember also experiencing a similar thing on shows where they were restoring castles/other historical sites. As soon as new masonry started going on my head began shaking.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Would bring a watery thing to the eye when you see someone who obviously loved something selling it all off.
    And yes punctuation is off today and bad grammar is arrived this today.

I know! :( Imagine the pain of splitting something like that up.

Ah yeah, it's a personal thing really. For me it's 'original' if it's what was sitting on the floor in the display. If I replaced the snes then it wouldn't be original anymore and I'd know it was a different 'home' snes.

It's incredibly stupid but that's just how my brain works for some reason. I'm still debating whether or not to swap out the original sticks in my cab. They work great, but new ones would work better. But then they wouldn't be original...

It's the whole restoration versus leaving things as they are. The first time I can remember being appauled by it was when Bray town hall was restored. They took bricks out and either cleaned them or replaced them. When I was a kid it really upset me for some reason. I remember also experiencing a similar thing on shows where they were restoring castles/other historical sites. As soon as new masonry started going on my head began shaking.

I see where your coming from alright. Our definitions are quite often irrational, sure look at me with the Mother 2 cart lark. Anyone else is perfectly happy emulating or using a flash cart, not me though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Jesus...this is still on adverts. I kind of want to buy it because I feel bad for the seller

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps1-console-storage-unit-tv-stand-price-drop-priced-to-clear-open-to-offers/538388

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement