Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

made up d4 accent

Options
  • 27-11-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Why oh why do some women use that silly made up d4 type accent when you are not from d4 or its ilk? it just makes you look like a moron.Seems to be a women thing.
    rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Affects both sexes, usually students.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I reckon even the D4 people are making it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

tigerblob wrote: »
    I reckon even the D4 people are making it up.

That's focking unbelievable loike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Better then a Skanger Accent

Im Blllleeeeeeeeeeeden Scaaaaaaaarlot

WIZE wrote: »

You said it wrong ,there's no "t" in scarlot

it's "Scaaaaaaaaarrleeehhhh"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Who do i PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

At least the skanger accent is authentic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

When in my leaving cert year in Mayo a girl in my class intentionally changed her accent to a D4 one as she was hoping to get into Trinity. I kid you not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Elocution lessons

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    At least the skanger accent is authentic

Is it? I reckon you hear as many fairly well-off kids putting on scobe accents to appear hard as you do putting on a D4 accent to seem posh.

When in my leaving cert year in Mayo a girl in my class intentionally changed her accent to a D4 one as she was hoping to get into Trinity. I kid you not.

Did it work?

Is it? I reckon you hear as many fairly well-off kids putting on scobe accents to appear hard as you do putting on a D4 accent to seem posh.

I put on a Dublin accent when I'm in a taxi so the driver doesn't realise I'm actually from Africa and am just here to steal his livelihood and molest his domestic animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

sagat2 wrote: »
    Electrocution lessons Torture Therapy

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Elocution lessons

You mean 'Electrocution lessons?'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

At least they are comfortable with who they! Must be hard being a wannabe putting that silly accent on all day!

"Omigawd! LOOK at the TOTAL state of that girl? She thinks she's loike a focking SOUTHSIDER?? Ohmigod she's wearing focking Abercrombie loike **** mon? I mean go back to Tallaght wherever the hell that is??!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

but they stick out a mile and they cant hide the fear in their eyes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I hope she failed and was sent to some farm/torture camp in Belmullet to grow her accent back.

maxxie wrote: »
    but they stick out a mile and they cant hide the fear in their eyes :p

Yes and you can't play rugby unless you have one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Pretty infuriating alright. I was chatting to one lad in the pub one night with such an accent. I assumed he was from south Dublin until he declared "I'm from Sligo". Now, I have no problem with a South County Dublin accent. It's only natural to develop an accent over time based on the your surroundings and the people who occupy it. But this business of adopting an accent based on 2 years studying in UCD/Griffith College is the height of pretentiousness. When I told yer man that I come from Mayo, he replied "Roight. How do you fing living in Dublin?" rather than "Wait til we get ye Mayo cúnts up to Markivecz Park and we'll hammer seven shades a' shíte outta ye, ya Mayo bollicks ya!" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

chin_grin wrote: »
    FYP.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    You mean 'Electrocution lessons?'

OH SNAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Wolf Club wrote: »
    Pretty infuriating alright. I was chatting to one lad in the pub one night with such an accent. I assumed he was from south Dublin until he declared "I'm from Sligo". Now, I have no problem with a South County Dublin accent. It's only natural to develop an accent over time based on the your surroundings and the people who occupy it. But this business of adopting an accent based on 2 years studying in UCD/Griffith College is the height of pretentiousness. When I told yer man that I come from Mayo, he replied "Roight. How do you fing living in Dublin?" rather than "Wait til we get ye Mayo cúnts up to Markivecz Park and we'll hammer seven shades a' shíte outta ye, ya Mayo bollicks ya!" :confused:

In fairness I'm sure he has a sheep locked up back home to remind himself of where he's from.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The D4 accent didn't exist until about 15/20 years ago. It started when a load of idiotic posh kids tried to sound like they're from California after watching too much Bill and Ted but somehow stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

it came with the celtic tiger, along with wine CONasseurs and other nonsensical things.

hopefully it will all be knocked out of them now that they cannot afford to go to college anymore :D

anyone see that annoying person on the Ber Rating Ad - makes me want to punch the telly

Elocution lessons

No, I don't think so. If they had elocution lessons they might actually speak properly. What they speak can only barely be called english. Some examples:

car =/= cor
    like=/= loike
    hi =/= hoi
    guys=/= goys
    totally =/= todally

and so on and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Do AA Roadwatch only employ such people?

The Rindabite on the Sytheside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

megadodge wrote: »

Yup, that one annoys the bollox out of me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

megadodge wrote: »

d4 does not = nordie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

totally =/= todally

Never once heard this.

And you are forgetting the classic Right = Roysh.

Advertisement