Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

ollie1 wrote: »
    Snowing in South Dublin :D

I told you so:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Where is Su Campu - is he not on to deny it? Much like last April then:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

darkman2 wrote: »
    I told you so:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Where is Su Campu - is he not on to deny it? Much like last April then:rolleyes:

DM. Any chance of that band hitting Nrth Dublin ?

Saganist wrote: »
    DM. Any chance of that band hitting Nrth Dublin ?

It's so bloody close - I can not only hear but feel the thunder. Maybe. It's unlikely though. I hope so. It would give a good base for later on.

BTW who is staying up for obs? Im gonna be up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It's so bloody close - I can not only hear but feel the thunder. Maybe. It's unlikely though. I hope so. It would give a good base for later on.

BTW who is staying up for obs? Im gonna be up.

obs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Thunder really loud here now and it stop snowing :(

• Advertisement

baraca wrote: »
    obs?

Observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Observations.

I'm not going to bed anytime soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

No idea on this particular argument but it must make the score something like.

Su Campu - 2300004484488

Darkman - 1

:pac: Well done

Opr

Watch the main band of snow over Britain - it's intact and should gain over the Irish Sea due to instability created by the cold temperatures over warm water. Much the same reason for the continuos lightning off the Dublin coast.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

opr wrote: »
    No idea on this particular argument but it must make the score something like.

Su Campu - 2300004484488

Darkman - 1

:pac: Well done

Opr

You have more chance of being correct when you say it wont happen all the time ,especially on our little rock, sometimes I swear su is actually Gerry murphy ,

Problem is when he does his nay saying he backs it with very interesting info , so in a way I love and hate his posts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So this is thunder snow?

I remember ye all talking about this last December and saying how rare and exceptional it was.

Whoever has it, enjoy it. Sounds amazing.

I want more pics!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    So this is thunder snow?

I remember ye all talking about this last December and saying how rare and exceptional it was.

Whoever has it, enjoy it. Sounds amazing.

I want more pics!

It is quite stunning. Even those who don't have snow yet have quite a fireworks display tonight. Been going oon for hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

streamer for past 2 hours, bout 4-5cm on the ground...amazing! (dalkey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Any one know of chance of snow in castledermot in south Kildare near balltinglass

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

yea ive had blue flashes all night ,,can hear tunder a bit now (might be headphones blocking) ohh big tunder now,,and uk is snowing ,,this is mad stuff ,,love it ,,are we at the front now and uk it taken it.

edit thought it was snowing but its just really frosty cars ,D20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Everywhere covered in snow, hail now with frequent flashes of lightning in raheny

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'd just like to say that my earlier comments were well wide of the mark, I did not expect such a comprehensive effect produced by a relatively small wind direction change for dublin. My idea behind the trough in scotland looks like it will indeed come to fruition after 6am though, so it's not all bad:)

And in payment for a bad forecast, I've been woken up by thunder. :D Timing looks like it's within a km of me and I'm near Merrion Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

im hoping this weather fecks off i have to get to dublin airport on monday morning for my lovely holiday to lanzarote :) mad flashes in the sky here near drogheda altough the sky is mostly clear?

Gonzo will be pleasantly supprised when he wakes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Wow ! I not too far from the Phoenix Park and have awoken to a blanket of snow , beautiful and a great surprise!

I understand from recent posts, that Dublin is due to get more snow showers beweeen 8am-11am. However I note that the temperature now (at 6.30am) has increased to +1oC. But the dew point is -1oC....we should still be ok for snow then ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Their appears to be some sort of discrete LP centre developing in the Irish Sea ATM - I wonder what that will mean for later today:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Looking a IWN site and temps on the east coast have shot up, :o
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

Feck Dublin airport reporting rain at 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Congrats to all in the east who got their snow.. long may it continue though i notice temps are on the rise there now. Still showing minus temps here in Donegal Town. Looking at the radar on raintoday and met.ie we didnt have any percipition here during the night. Currently watching clouds banks about 100km north of malin head and hoping that they continue on their present course which would bring them to my front door.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

irish1967 wrote: »
    Congrats to all in the east who got their snow.. long may it continue though i notice temps are on the rise there now. Still showing minus temps here in Donegal Town. Looking at the radar on raintoday and met.ie we didnt have any percipition here during the night. Currently watching clouds banks about 100km north of malin head and hoping that they continue on their present course which would bring them to my front door.

:)

7.52am - I can just confirm that heavy graupel along with thunder and lightening has just commenced in the Dublin area. Very impressive however its settling car alarms off.

Are the temps dropping as the showers coming in ?

Why isn't rain falling in Dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Lightning off the coast of D13, graupel is turning to rain as temps rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Still snowing here. The forecast winds looks like it will still have a good track of land to cross before it reaches here at wont be straight on like in bray due to the direction, hopefully won't rise the temp by that much, still below 0 here. Well, heres hoping!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Woke at 5.20 for a pee, no snow, went back to bed, and when I awoke just before 9, I was greeted by a nice white wintry scene! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Is this the thread for future events and forcasts about what the GFS etc are rolling out? All these threads are having reports posted in them, Im getting confussed. I would like to see what the next week is looking like, what thread should I be looking at?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Snowing in Castledermot (near Carlow) as we speak.
    About 2cm stuck overnight & coming down steady now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

GFS 6z rolling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement