Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why are there two threads to have essentially the same conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Rougies wrote: »
    I think Evelyn must have held the meteireann website editor at gunpoint to type that forecast and warning today.
    I can picture it clearly ... "But Evelyn, 20cm .. that's nearly 8 inches!! We can't do that!" ... "Ok smartass, lets make that 25cm ... how do you like 10inches! Type it now or get a bullet in the head!" :D

edit: Sound like she's made it to the TV studio now too, poor Nuala must have been petrified :O

Thats Evelyn for ya! ha :D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing heavy here again for first time in 2 days but i know it's not gonna last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Evelyn on Newstalk now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

smokin ace wrote: »
    i am looking at the radar and see nothing coming in for the east and south east are people sure that we will get the snow thats been talked about

The forecast of heavy snow is only valid for tonight and tomorrow, it's far too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

20cm of snow for dublin and louth,the snow will drift,creating blizzard conditions:eek::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

of course weather online doesnt update the crucial 6z NAE :o

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

The forecast of heavy snow is only valid for tonight and tomorrow, it's far too early.
    but even looking at tonights forcast i see nothing on the radar to say snow will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Turned to sleet now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Cassidy28 wrote: »
    20cm of rain for dublin and louth,the rain will drift,creating rainy conditions:eek::D:D

What Met Eireann should have said.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

agreed, people are getting carried away with these v light showers give it 12 hours at least

of course weather online doesnt update the crucial 6z NAE :o

with your name your the person to ask why is there so much hipe about snow hitting the east and south east tonight when nothing is showing up on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

darkman2 wrote: »
    What Met Eireann should have said.....

Less of this kinda tlk please DARKMAN!...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

with your name your the person to ask why is there so much hipe about snow hitting the east and south east tonight when nothing is showing up on the radar

Its not gonna be showing up on the radar at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

but even looking at tonights forcast i see nothing on the radar to say snow will happen

The radar can only show you precipitation that already exists. It's way too early.

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Its not gonna be showing up on the radar at the moment

i am sorry if this is a stupid question how can snow be predicted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement