Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

baraca wrote: »
    Seen that myself out for a walk about 10 minutes ago and i'm on the west side of wexford town and i could see it clearly. Winds have shifted somewhat NE and you can see on the met radar the showers creeping closer to the east coast. I've a feeling it could be alot more active tonight than some people think.
    Just had an almighty close one there now and rumble.
    This is getting nearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Bo***cks, was it not for a pint I've just had I'd be jumping into my car at this moment...

LETS go Ark! ... To the STORM CHASE MOBILE! :D:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

very impressive lightening to the east of me, in county meath near navan

Iancar29 wrote: »
    LETS go Ark! ... To the STORM CHASE MOBILE! :D:pac::pac:
    very impressive lightening to the east of me, in county meath near navan

nexstorm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

This is getting nearer!

Showing up here BB, Wall of cloud getting closer too.

I want to go out and see if i can see anymore lightning but the girlfriends family think i'm a big enough weather nut as it is. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Only a light covering here at about 8.00.

Freezing over it now so anymore will definitely stick.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

CAN SEE FROM FINGLAS NOW!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Arklow and Gorey, step up, you're on stage in 5......

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

This is getting nearer!

Over Greystones now too. Very close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

OOh someones in for a ball of thunder? snow.Come on wind hurry up and change.

• Advertisement

redsunset wrote: »

OOh someones in for a ball of thunder? snow.Come on wind hurry up and change.

OH ye!!

Thoughts of stayin up half the night is breakin me heart.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like south Dublin, wicklow and wexford are gonna get plastered, nothing in sight for louth, meath and north dublin unless the wind switchs to the south-east which is highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Thoughts of stayin up half the night is breakin me heart.

Battling the tiredness myself now, lol, im not giving in either. Wan't to see the first flakes of 2010/11, last nights sleet doesn't count:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Some of the heaviest snow I've seen in Castlebar in years....has being snowing constantly now for the past 2 hours! Heavy, then light grainy stuff and now very heavy again, a few inches here already and the night is young!

yes its unreal and its still at it,it funny watching the cars trying to drive in it.:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like south Dublin, wicklow and wexford are gonna get plastered, nothing in sight for louth, meath and north dublin unless the wind switchs to the south-east which is highly unlikely.

Wouldn't worry about that, plenty of convection over the sea == many more showers will get created along the coast, and the wind direction change is still happening (although the M2 buoy is reporting NW winds now which doesn't make a lot of sense to me). Apart from that, I believe that the band of precip currently over the east coast of Scotland will reach the Irish Sea just to get recharged before entering our coast sometime in the morning.

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Battling the tiredness myself now, lol, im not giving in either. Wan't to see the first flakes of 2010/11, last nights sleet doesn't count:pac:

Same as. Whereabouts in wexford are you beasterly?

Temps back down to -0.4c and dewpoint down to -2.0...

BACK IN DA GAME!:D

Same as. Whereabouts in wexford are you beasterly?

About 15 mins outside the roundabouts of the town , off da n25.

You in the town yourself?

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    About 15 mins outside the roundabouts of the town , off da n25.

You in the town yourself?

Yeah in the clonard area, up in coolcotts tonight in the girlfriends, i'll let ya know when its here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

It just said on the news that tuam and swinford are the worst affected!!!!

Deep Easterly and Nacho somehow have interfered with the news prompter :pac: :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temps going back down here. 1.0c/ -0.4c. Winds slightly going more NNW. Hopefully NNE in the next few hours. Looks like Wicklow and Wexford are going to get a nice pasting but hopefully Waterford will get a bit of action too ;)

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pangea wrote: »
    It just said on the news that tuam and swinford are the worst affected!!!!

Deep Easterly and Nacho somehow have interfered with the news prompter :pac: :D

I was coming here to say that!

Yeah in the clonard area, up in coolcotts tonight in the girlfriends, i'll let ya know when its here :pac:

cheers, looking at the radar images it's depressing to see how far west I am, it'll be a long wait!

snowing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Some impressive lightning in Bray tonight, seems to have stopped now. Temp 0.8 and DP -1.2, would that indicate snow here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

been doing a blog of all of today's happenings for anyone who wants to catch up on pics, reports etc. thanks to those here who helped out
    http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/11/live-blog-cold-spell-november-2010.html

Enjoy your snow in the east. It's rolling its way in.

A lot of lying snow in connaught tonight. Many people there didn't expect that!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Winger_PL wrote: »
    I believe that the band of precip currently over the east coast of Scotland will reach the Irish Sea just to get recharged before entering our coast sometime in the morning.

after it takes a detor and we steal it all:D

Good few reports of snow in greystones and wicklow coming in now, It's here! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

at last! can't wait! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement