Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

The band thats hitting bray and the surrounding areas ( NOT N DUBLIN TOUGH! * WAVES FIST AT SKY * ) is only the first wave by the looks of it on the radar , the follow up seems to still be on track for about 4am id say, and yes , hopefully it does get a bit of a recharge while crossing the irish sea!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Latest radar suggests South Dublin and Wicklow are about to get hammered:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Reports of snow only 200-500m from the sea in wicklow, So much for it falling as rain/sleet anyway! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

baraca wrote: »
    Reports of snow only 200-500m from the sea in wicklow, So much for it falling as rain/sleet anyway! :pac:

Just spoke to a friend of mine who is on Bray Seafront, heavy snow there, its settling too, cant get any closer to sea level than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Really hope Celbridge get to see some action and not too far inland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

It seems the South of DUBLIN and Wicklow are going to get the worst of it...a bit like last year around 3 January before it spread slightly North the following day to North Dublin.:D

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    It seems the South of DUBLIN and Wicklow are going to get the worst of it...a bit like last year around 3 January before it spread slightly North the following day to North Dublin.:D

And wexford!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Looks like the north of Dublin Bay might be about to get a dusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

ffarrell7 wrote: »

Yes, Yes cant wait love the snow
    first time posting on the weather forum was glued to it last year thanks for the info :) much appreciated

Elmo5 wrote: »
    Really hope Celbridge get to see some action and not too far inland!

Im in Lucan, just looked out see some nice cloudage :)

Hope it comes soon, Im gooey eyed with tiredness :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

can see all the lightning to my south over Dublin but clear stary skies here. Im not expecting anything here for the rest of the night, hopefully a few flakes by the mornng but get the feeling even if we do see some snow in meath, that we will lose out badly to areas south of dublin centre in general. Sky News and RTE are both in agreement that the snow will be mostly Wickow, Wexford and South Dublin.

Lightening everywhere as I look outside and starting to cloud over but no snow yet IN Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Is this snow likely to stay on the ground all through the day tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

loud thunder, sandyford. -1.1C.

bizarre!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

snow starting to fall here in kilcoole, but only small amount, tho it is staying, settling on the hail that fell earlier, better stop soon have to work in the am and the bf has to get home to finglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The jealousy is killing me . . .:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The jealousy is killing me . . .:mad:

Would be very surprised if you didnt see snow either tomorrow or next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

temp is -1.6, dewpoint -3.0, wind picking up and huge shower rapidly approaching.

People who are not weather nuts are missing out, this really is the joy of all joys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Snow to move into east coast overnight. Dublin in prime position to get a dumping of 5-10cm

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

rilz wrote: »
    Snow to move into east coast overnight. Dublin in prime position to get a dumping of 5-10cm

Guys, I'm a newbie poster, but a serial lurker... can anyone link me to the satellite imagery there using to see it approaching?

Lightening is goin mental over here in clondalkin it's surreal looking lads!
    DYING for this snow to come now !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm tired....but tempted to stay up to watch the snow come in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Hold on a minute,What month are we in again??

November, Simply incredible stuff.

I see the Wicklow sponge is at it again,thats it leave fcuk all for me later why don't ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Any of the forecasters think there'll be any chance here with this event?:confused:

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I'm tired....but tempted to stay up to watch the snow come in!

me too!! Im holding my head up with one hand :)

Hurry bloody up snow:) did see some promising clouds in distance, so fingers and toes crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Would be very surprised if you didnt see snow either tomorrow or next week!

You know me . .the eternal pessimist . . .

I could have coined the phrase ''due to cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off'' . . if i'd put some thought into it!!

No wind at all otherswise the shower activity would be more intense...clouding up by still no snow just heavy frost in West Dublin.

McNuggy10 wrote: »
    Guys, I'm a newbie poster, but a serial lurker... can anyone link me to the satellite imagery there using to see it approaching?

Lightening is goin mental over here in clondalkin it's surreal looking lads!
    DYING for this snow to come now !!

Here: http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Here: http://www.sat24.com/gb

And here: http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Upgrading our boards forecast to warn of localized blizzard conditions as winds increase from the NE overnight ... looking at recent obs in western Scotland and the radar, putting 2+2 together, can't escape thinking that very heavy snow streamers could develop more widely soon, and sweep in over parts of Ulster (incl Donegal), Mayo, and Leinster.

Amounts of 10-20 cms cannot be ruled out in these squalls. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Snowing in South Dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Well im missing the fun so far by a few miles but keeping a keen eye on the front coming out of Britain. MT what do you think? Does it keep solid or fade and reinvigorate - im betting the latter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement