Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Roar wrote: »
    it really isn't. Super Mario Brothers 3 is a brilliant game. Uncharted 3 is a frustrating wannabe interactive movie, with broken controls, a dreadful story, randomly assembled set pieces and the most frustrating combat sections ever seen in a "game". If that's your bag, then cool, but it's not a brilliant game, IMO. It's barely even a game to begin with.

So far I think the game is just as good as Uncharted 2. Maybe if I replayed UC2 after i'd have a different opinion.

Not much to go now i'd say, on Chapter 20 and loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I usually just play games on normal mode but is this like U2 where you should start on Hard to make the game a bit longer?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I usually just play games on normal mode but is this like U2 where you should start on Hard to make the game a bit longer?

I usually do that on all games anyway just to make them longer. So ya, do it on hard!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm playing it on hard at the moment and it's easy so far.
    Someone posted earlier that they finished it on crushing in about 4 hours(skipping cutscenes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm playing it on hard at the moment and it's easy so far.
    Someone posted earlier that they finished it on crushing in about 4 hours(skipping cutscenes).

Yup that would be me :D, too short of a game , its still good but it feels more like an expansion pack rather than taking a huge leap from uc1 did to uc2,
    They also cut alot of concept art , behind the scenes videos and stuff from uc3
    Even removing the cheats hurts the value of the game..

But i still liked it , but uncharted 2 is still king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

it really isn't. Super Mario Brothers 3 is a brilliant game. Uncharted 3 is a frustrating wannabe interactive movie, with broken controls, a dreadful story, randomly assembled set pieces and the most frustrating combat sections ever seen in a "game". If that's your bag, then cool, but it's not a brilliant game, IMO. It's barely even a game to begin with.

It is a brilliant game.

" If that's your bag, then cool, but it's not a brilliant game"

ok so I make a statement you dismiss it and make a statement like your statement is more right? It's your opinion and mine is mine but I think you'll find far more people agreeing with me rather than you but as you find with most games released these days, it's the people who didn't like it or are annoyed about things that come back to forums and complain and can be more visible. Example: Killzone 3 forums and lots and lots of others

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

We really should have [MySoleOpinion] tags in here....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just picked this up in the gamestop.ie mega monday sale for 25 quid. Good deal. Now, I finally get to see what all the commotion is about!

enjoy, there are some fantastic sequences in it, the cargo plane is one of my favourite things this year, epic setpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

We really should have [MySoleOpinion] tags in here....

hence the "IMO" part of that post

mystic86 wrote: »

It's your opinion and mine is mine but I think you'll find far more people agreeing with me rather than you

That makes me more right than you! NA NA NA NA NAAAAA!

Pfft, it's only a "game". I thought it were sh!te. You didn't. It's all good. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I however, didn't, and didn't see "only post if you enjoyed this game" in the thread title. Which is why I'll post my opinion that this interactive movie is a big pile of sh!te and that I would rather chew glass than be forced to do that shipyard level again. Or any of the other ones. Even the thought of those shooting mechanics is making me feel angry.

And you know what, I know it's been a month since I played it, but I genuinely can't remember any of the story. Then again, I can remember thinking throughout the game that there was no story. They're in London for some reason, then France for a laugh, then somewhere else just to vary up the visuals, then on a ship for no reason, then in a desert to stop a bad guy from doing something or collecting something that will do something, and I don't know what that something is, but apparently I have to do something to stop them from doing something. And then you stop them from doing something and eh.. that's it. Did I miss anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Did I miss anything?

Yes, the plot.

:pac:

Otacon wrote: »
    Yes, the plot.

:pac:

wait a second.... there was a plot???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

wait a second.... there was a plot???
    Aye, it was that thing with all the holes in it.

gizmo wrote: »
    Aye, it was that thing with all the holes in it.

more holes than the ship graveyard :pac:

my favourite part of UC3? the final cutscene
    when Sully hands Nate the ring and tells him to stop being a wiseass for once, Nolan Norths performance is absolutely brilliant in that scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It is a brilliant game.

" If that's your bag, then cool, but it's not a brilliant game"

ok so I make a statement you dismiss it and make a statement like your statement is more right? It's your opinion and mine is mine but I think you'll find far more people agreeing with me rather than you but as you find with most games released these days, it's the people who didn't like it or are annoyed about things that come back to forums and complain and can be more visible. Example: Killzone 3 forums and lots and lots of others
    Oh please. You jump on comments when they don't like the game, and always posting about sites that gave it low scores - which ironically would have given them exactly what you were complaining they were after - publicity. Seems to me that everyone's opinion is valid, as long as they agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

krudler wrote: »
    more holes than the ship graveyard :pac:

my favourite part of UC3? the final cutscene
    when Sully hands Nate the ring and tells him to stop being a wiseass for once, Nolan Norths performance is absolutely brilliant in that scene.
    Not sure if you meant that in the context of the plot holes but if not, how many people actually copped that
    Nate and Elena were married?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

LH Pathe wrote: »
    I just felt if it was a movie, and obviously it reeks of one it'd be something akin to The Adventures of Indiana Jones Jr. via Disney Pixar productions. Or maybe they're just not my kind of cast but obviously the gameplay is horrible too yet were never about that.. Felt like I'd been to an old mansion, an airfield and a barren desert and it were most uninspiring. The Atlantis hidden under the desert angle failed to fill the gap n fell flat on it's arse for me

don't know how anyone's not criticizing it tbh when it was so hyped / overrated

It was brilliant though. It wasn't 'an old mansion' it was an ancient chateau, with an undiscovered mystery, that gets set on fire, while running from the people who want you dead. And what do you expect from the desert?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Not sure if you meant that in the context of the plot holes but if not, how many people actually copped that
    Eh what? Where'd you gather that info from? Must have completely flown over my head.

Eh what? Where'd you gather that info from? Must have completely flown over my head.

well
    he has a ring, she has a ring, he remarks about her still wearing hers, Sully has his and gives it back in the final scene, Nate says "I thought I lost it". Its never blatantly said if they were maried (maybe just engaged?) but its definitely addressed

Daemos wrote: »
    Oh please. You jump on comments when they don't like the game, and always posting about sites that gave it low scores - which ironically would have given them exactly what you were complaining they were after - publicity. Seems to me that everyone's opinion is valid, as long as they agree with you

oh please yourself, I have replied and thanked posts in this thread that laid criticisms at uncharted 3, I didn't always agree with them but those people were reasonable and level headed.

• Advertisement

Daemos wrote: »

oh please yourself, I have replied and thanked posts in this thread that laid criticisms at uncharted 3, I didn't always agree with them but those people were reasonable and level headed.

And I'm not reasonable and level heased because I think the game is sh1te? I know you have your little fanboy opinion and that's cool, fair play. But just because my opinion differs wildly from yours doesn't make it any less reasonable than your "omg uncharted 3 is so cool and has no flaws whatsoever" stance.

Oh please.

Ya thought they were alright and the end just confirmed it.

Anyway literally just finished it and thought it was great. I'd say UC2 was better but this is still great.

One great moment near the end
    when your not sure if Sully is alive or not and Talbot appears, about to shoot and Sully comes out to tackle him :D
    Also I was gutted when fake Sully was shot!

Anyway I thought it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Well tis out a while now and I must say I just love this game. Playing a nice amount of multiplayer the last while. Started it on crushing, will finish crushing soon, I just can't stop switching between this and sr3.

And I'm not reasonable and level heased because I think the game is sh1te? I know you have your little fanboy opinion and that's cool, fair play. But just because my opinion differs wildly from yours doesn't make it any less reasonable than your "omg uncharted 3 is so cool and has no flaws whatsoever" stance.

Oh please.

A: I never said omg uncharted 3 is so cool
    B: I never said it had no flaws whatsoever
    C: Saying you would rather eat glass is not level-headed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

A: I never said omg uncharted 3 is so cool
    B: I never said it had no flaws whatsoever
    C: Saying you would rather eat glass is not level-headed

Dont take what he is saying to heart for he is borderline trolling. He is giving an over exaggerated view of the game but cause of the fact he put "IMO" in his post he believes you cant challenge his view. Not that you should, as i said he is trolling and you cant beat a troll with reason. Forget about him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dont take what he is saying to heart for he is borderline trolling. He is giving an over exaggerated view of the game but cause of the fact he put "IMO" in his post he believes you cant challenge his view. Not that you should, as i said he is trolling and you cant beat a troll with reason. Forget about him
    The second he said the game was 'sh1te', he went on the 'probably trolling' list. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

getting this for someone on Saturday and idea where is cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

got a promotiional copy of this a few days ago and just completed it. Never played them before, i found it very entertaining, loved those puzzles, i have 2 quick questions:

1. Is the 2nd worth buying ?

2. Can anyone recommend any similar games that have puzzles that need to be unlocked to progress through a game ?

Thanks.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    got a promotiional copy of this a few days ago and just completed it. Never played them before, i found it very entertaining, loved those puzzles, i have 2 quick questions:

2. Can anyone recommend any similar games that have puzzles that need to be unlocked to progress through a game ?

Thanks.

I can answer your first question: get Uncharted 2 immediately. An absolutely fantastic game. Defo better than the 3rd one methinks.

• Advertisement

johndoe99 wrote: »

Thanks.

Yes, its the PS3's crowning glory imo.

Advertisement