Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Won't even attempt to replay this on a harder difficulty, dying constantly on normal! Doesn't help that it takes forever to line up your shots. I beat UC2 on hard no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ShaneU wrote: »
    Won't even attempt to replay this on a harder difficulty, dying constantly on normal! Doesn't help that it takes forever to line up your shots. I beat UC2 on hard no problem
    Going to start hard later on or tomorrow. Didn't find it to bad to be honest.
    Most of my deaths where jumping the wrong way off a building or cliff haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

My first play-through was on Hard difficulty. It certainly wasn't easy! Died several times; namely on the two most mentioned "Bastard Fights" in the game. I think I could have just played through on Normal initially, I don't really feel that the more difficult setting gave me any more satisfaction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I did hard too: a few difficulty spikes but everyone seems to be having the same issues anyway! Stealth RPGs and grenades were the frequent annoyances. And armoured guys. They really need to do away with armoured guys. I know it's all in the name of variety, but bullet sponges are never fun.

I did notice a surprising amount of glitches though. The most unusual was in the
    plane crash sequence, where I needed to grab onto the crate while falling through the air. But Drake just wouldn't do it, to my annoyance.
    Took a good few retries to realise my controller had just randomly unsynched. I'd put it down to the hardware, but there were moments where the sound suddenly cut out completely, texture pop-up, disappearing enemies etc... And one particularly weird bit where an enemy seemed to become a magician and started conjuring this weird pink aura around him. And this was
    well before the Ghost Riders made their appearance
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Yeah I did hard too: a few difficulty spikes but everyone seems to be having the same issues anyway! Stealth RPGs and grenades were the frequent annoyances. And armoured guys. They really need to do away with armoured guys. I know it's all in the name of variety, but bullet sponges are never fun.

I did notice a surprising amount of glitches though. The most unusual was in the
    plane crash sequence, where I needed to grab onto the crate while falling through the air. But Drake just wouldn't do it, to my annoyance.
    Took a good few retries to realise my controller had just randomly unsynched. I'd put it down to the hardware, but there were moments where the sound suddenly cut out completely, texture pop-up, disappearing enemies etc... And one particularly weird bit where an enemy seemed to become a magician and started conjuring this weird pink aura around him. And this was
    well before the Ghost Riders made their appearance
    :pac:

very weird, I didn't experience any similar issues myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never punched so much in all my life. The armoured goons were ridiculous, your aiming had to be spot on, aiming for the head, but as the aiming wasnt great it made it that bit harder. I agree with some that if they took out the a lot of the combat it would be more enjoyable to an extent.

I think in terms of gameplay there is a lot that can be improved in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Hey Lads,

Im playing Unchartered 2 and I am stuck.

I am in a room with the bird and a plane is outside….The building is collapsing and everything/everybody falls out……

What do I do? I've tried to cling on near to where Chloe is but can't. I've tried leaping across to the chopper outside firing in at me and just died?

Any help would be much appreciated so I can complete it and get Unchartered 3 going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RufustheKing

dave3004 wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

Im playing Unchartered 2 and I am stuck.

I am in a room with the bird and a plane is outside….The building is collapsing and everything/everybody falls out……

What do I do? I've tried to cling on near to where Chloe is but can't. I've tried leaping across to the chopper outside firing in at me and just died?

Any help would be much appreciated so I can complete it and get Unchartered 3 going.

there should be a window away from you in the middle background you have to jump thru it. when the building is falling, you will fall towards the window, when close just jump and it sets off a scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RufustheKing

there should be a window away from you in the middle background you have to jump thru it. when the building is falling, you will fall towards the window, when close just jump and it sets off a scene.

here take a look at the video. hope it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWi7nG_45BU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think im just suffering from all the other releases at the moment. Usually U3 would have blown me away but i was constantly tired and rushing through it trying to play it so i could move onto the next game. I definitively found the puzzles too easy, the shooting weird rather than difficult. But what drove me potty was the roll/ cover button being the same one. The amount of times i rolled out of cover into a fire fight was a bit silly. I think it had too much action not enough adventure.

Still a great game but not one without some issues too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I think im just suffering from all the other releases at the moment. Usually U3 would have blown me away but i was constantly tired and rushing through it trying to play it so i could move onto the next game. I definitively found the puzzles too easy, the shooting weird rather than difficult. But what drove me potty was the roll/ cover button being the same one. The amount of times i rolled out of cover into a fire fight was a bit silly. I think it had too much action not enough adventure.

Still a great game but not one without some issues too.

thats the worst part about this time of year for gamers, way too much stuff out and not enough time to savour what you're currently playing. I bombed through Uncharted so I'd have it finished for MW3 tonight. and I'll leg through the campaign of that for Skyrim, and then...well thats it till the new year :pac: time spent between COD multiplayer and Skyrim and the riddler challenges on Arkham City.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Just tried the online there. Got my ass handed to me in multiplayer, as was to be expected. The co-op is really good fun against a swarm of enemies, you really do rely on the other 2 players. Levelled up from 1 to 9 quite quickly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Christ that was just far too short. 8.5 hours of gameplay and finished.

Great game but the armoured guys are bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think im just suffering from all the other releases at the moment. Usually U3 would have blown me away but i was constantly tired and rushing through it trying to play it so i could move onto the next game.

This is why I haven't bought Uncharted 3 yet. Just too many games. I'm still working my way through Arkham City and Assassin's Creed is just around the corner. I'm really excited for Uncharted but I might hold off and get it for Christmas. I'll have plenty of time to relax and enjoy it then.

What's the highest level online. I seen a 74 so I presume it goes to 100.
    Loving online play.
    I'm only level 11 or something crap like that but having fun so it's all good

• Registered Users Posts: 22 huggy

seanybiker wrote: »
    Loving online play.

I'm not entirely sure but I think it goes to 75 and then it resets back to 0. I'm 35 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 22 huggy

Anyone up for Uncharted online? I'm sick of getting paired with a buddy who hasn't the foggiest what he's doing, it's getting very irritating.My Psn is LOPPY_THE_EVIL21, hilarious i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Playing the single player again trying to get some trophies, there's an update just out 1.01, 22MB in size, which could be a resolution of the aiming issue...?

(I'll add you now Huggy).

Edit: apparently not:
    The Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception 1.01 patch has been released and will be rolling out across all regions globally in the next 24 hours. The patch notes to update 1.01 are as follows:

Available: November 7, 2011

Technical

Fixed an issue so that 3D works properly on all Sony SimulView 3D TVs.
    We’ll keep you updated as to the any other fixes and patches coming online as they happen. Let us know in the forums of any technical issues you might see and hope you’re enjoying Uncharted 3! See you online!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_101_notes/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, that update just fixes some 3D issue. Aiming is still the same.

huggy wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure but I think it goes to 75 and then it resets back to 0. I'm 35 right now

Ah right.
    I'm only 17 now. One fella I met from clondalkin is deadly at it. If your up for a game add me. Seany_biker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

huggy wrote: »
    Anyone up for Uncharted online? I'm sick of getting paired with a buddy who hasn't the foggiest what he's doing, it's getting very irritating.My Psn is LOPPY_THE_EVIL21, hilarious i know.

I'm pretty sure you killed me more than once last night. :p

I started playing UC3 MP last night, really enjoyed it. PSN is MadainSari... If anyone wants to play, shoot me a friend request! seanybiker, I'll add you later! Only level 6, so I'm still a scrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Kinda enjoyign the mulitplayer, i'm still pretty crap at it though (getting about 6 or 7 kills every deathmatch).. think i'm up as far as level 8..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Explorer edition is back up on Gamestop.ie. Be quick if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

seanybiker wrote: »
    Loving online play.

75, but there's a 5 legacy it's like cod prestige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I really hope that they do not go down the line of Call of Duty and have really short single player games, in favour of a big multiplayer experience.

I really enjoyed all the Drakes games, as I am not much of a multi player fan. This game, short as it was, was still worth it but really seems that already sacrifices are being made for the MP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Levelling up has really started to turn me off multiplayer games.

For something like Uncharted, it's not the type of game I'm going to commit hours upon hours to TDM. I'd like to be able to pop in for a quick game and not have to worry about stats or unlockables.

See also: paid map packs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Glad I'm not the only one who think UC3 is a little on the short side, good as it is. I finished it last night, despite MW3 giving me the stink eye from behind its plastic cover :p. Great game, and although there were a few annoyances, I very much enjoyed it.

I did expect a
    major conflagration at the end - a 'big boss' fight if you will - but it was just a bit of a damp squib
    . In fact, I'd consider the
    lad at the end of the boat level to be the last big boss of the game, and that's about halfway through!

I have no interest in MP (in any of my games, still have nightmares arising from my Counterstrike addiction of the early noughties) so UC3 will go back in the cupboard for a few months now, until I probably tackle all 3 together during next summer's drought.

• Advertisement

Odd tonight multiplayer.
    Tis wicked laggy for team against me. I pumped a load of bullets into a fella only to see that he captured the treasure whilst I was shooting him from a metre away haha.

Advertisement