Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got the game today and only on level 5 so far. I have had no issues with aiming (Sensitivity is turned to the MAX). It looks good so far.
    I will give a detailed review when i finish it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Roar wrote: »
    My accuracy when i finished the game was 22%. This says to me that either a) I'm a bad gamer or b) something's wrong. As a seasoned gamer I can rule A out. which leaves us with B.

just checked my own - 29%

and I suck compared to most people.

so don't rule out option A above so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Finished it yesterday and even with the aiming problems I did enjoy it. Glad to hear theres a patch comming think Ill hold off on my second playthrough untill its out. There were parts that I absoulty loved and then there were bits like the
    curse ship ball room
    that just drove me mad. The last couple of chapters were brillant probally the best part of the game. Loved fighting in the
    sand storm and fighting through the city as it was collapsing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

mystic86 wrote: »
    just checked my own - 29%

and I suck compared to most people.

so don't rule out option A above so quickly.

i will because I'm not

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was dreading the
    Ball Room fight
    because I had heard nothing but dastardly things, but managed to pass it second time around on hard (after one failed stealth attempt). The armoured guy just before it was much more of a pain :(

The whole
    cruise ship to desert
    sequences are terrific though: really knock up the scale, intensity and threat. Some genuinely moving moments between
    Nathan and Elena
    too. Just reached the
    abandoned settlement
    now, but after a few shaky bits in the middle, Naughty Dog have really knocked it up a notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was dreading the
    Ball Room fight
    because I had heard nothing but dastardly things, but managed to pass it second time around on hard (after one failed stealth attempt). The armoured guy just before it was much more of a pain :(

The whole
    cruise ship to desert
    sequences are terrific though: really knock up the scale, intensity and threat. Some genuinely moving moments between
    Nathan and Elena
    too. Just reached the
    abandoned settlement
    now, but after a few shaky bits in the middle, Naughty Dog have really knocked it up a notch.

its a game of ups and downs, more so than UC2, which in its lulls gave you more interesting stuff to do, even wandering around the Tibetan village was a welcome break from the gunfights and puzzles, this time the puzzles seemed a lot easier and more pull switch to watch something, nothing like the massive statue in UC2. overall, I think UC2 is the better game, but 3 has some absolutely brilliant moments, and imo some of the best voice acting of any game ever, the whole cast are brilliant in it. the
    final cutscene between Nate and Sully where he gives him back the ring was very good
    although
    they could have went into more details with Nate and Elena's relationship, did they get married and break up? were they engaged? it suggests a lot with no actual info on where their relationship is, also its a pity Chloe and Cutter kinda just left the plot, no payoff for either character and I liked Cutter, he had some really funny lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Roar wrote: »
    i will because I'm not

Well it's clearly an issue you and others are having personally, due to you not being able to adapt to the slightly different aiming mechanics. My accuracy is 33% and after 30 mins of play I had no issues once I got used to the change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RufustheKing

Well i plat'ed this game today and found it very easy to do so. I think IMO this is the worst of the uncharted series but can beat 99% of the games that came out this year. tons of great moments in the game but the story is were it let me down. it was too short and there was a few bits left out(felt rushed) I really wanted to see what was in the
    Brass vessal
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    Well it's clearly an issue you and others are having personally, due to you not being able to adapt to the slightly different aiming mechanics. My accuracy is 33% and after 30 mins of play I had no issues once I got used to the change.

This. My accuracy at the end of the game was 37% which is higher compared to most other shooters that i played recently (Black Ops multiplayer 26%) I just hope the patch they bring out to "fix" the aiming doesnt turn it into a CoD clone where you click the aiming trigger and it locks on an enemy :mad:

Playing online my accuracy has dropped to about 33% maybe because im doing alot more hipfiring, but the aiming is fine...
    Well i plat'ed this game today and found it very easy to do so. I think IMO this is the worst of the uncharted series but can beat 99% of the games that came out this year. tons of great moments in the game but the story is were it let me down. it was too short and there was a few bits left out(felt rushed) I really wanted to see what was in the
    Brass vessal
    :(

Apparently there was a
    Fire Djinn
    in the Brass Vase. I remember Naughty Dog got abit of flak for having supernatural enemys in Uncharted 1&2 so
    maybe they wanted to avoid having them this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kav1892

Have to say the negativity towards this game particularly p****s me off.

Particularly annoying I find are the complaints about the difficulty. I much rather a game where certain sections require a rethink and a change of stategy, rather than just being able to breeze through on the hardest difficulty.

Im a decent gamer, and I flew through the game on hard with just over 40% accuracy...Yet, like everyone I found the mentioned parts very difficult and died a few times. But clearly we all got through them in the end, so it just required certain changes in tactics in parts and I thought that was the beauty of UC3.

You cant just rely on ur shooting (a smart comment about the supposed lag is expected) you gotta use ur head. U have to think in UC3 much more than say the COD campaigns, and that's what I loved about this game. (Dont get me wrong Im a huge COD fan.)

Btw I found this game beautiful graphically, I dont think anyone can argue with that. And it flows great between puzzles, gunfights and cutscenes.

• Advertisement

Apparently there was a
    Fire Djinn
    in the Brass Vase. I remember Naughty Dog got abit of flak for having supernatural enemys in Uncharted 1&2 so
    maybe they wanted to avoid having them this time around

I knew there was
    Djinn in the brass vessel
    but i wanted to see them. I loved the whole supernatural elemet in Uc1 and Uc2 and it's what made Uc1 brilliant.

Kav1892 wrote: »
    Have to say the negativity towards this game particularly p****s me off.

Particularly annoying I find are the complaints about the difficulty. I much rather a game where certain sections require a rethink and a change of stategy, rather than just being able to breeze through on the hardest difficulty.

Im a decent gamer, and I flew through the game on hard with just over 40% accuracy...Yet, like everyone I found the mentioned parts very difficult and died a few times. But clearly we all got through them in the end, so it just required certain changes in tactics in parts and I thought that was the beauty of UC3.

You cant just rely on ur shooting (a smart comment about the supposed lag is expected) you gotta use ur head. U have to think in UC3 much more than say the COD campaigns, and that's what I loved about this game. (Dont get me wrong Im a huge COD fan.)

Btw I found this game beautiful graphically, I dont think anyone can argue with that. And it flows great between puzzles, gunfights and cutscenes.

To me the biggest flaw was the story but Uc3 can still beat most games arses. I love to see the people complain about the difficulty of Uc3 try and play it on crushing mode in Uc1. Now that was hard.

To me the biggest flaw was the story but Uc3 can still beat most games arses. I love to see the people complain about the difficulty of Uc3 try and play it on crushing mode in Uc1. Now that was hard.

Yeah have to agree, story could have been more gripping and a bit different and refreshing.....yeah Im playing back through UC2 at the moment, and crushing is another huge step up, but ya cant help but love it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH, the story is easily the highlight of the game for me.

Witty dialogue, characters I am genuinely invested in, and even a sly commentary on the nature of videogame genocides
    (was everyone else not wooed by that loaded image of a buried hand clutching an assault rifle, completely turning the title screen on its head?)

I often have to pinch my arm so I remember this is a game. Uncharted is one series that singlehandedly justifies the existence of cutscenes.

Witty dialogue, characters I am genuinely invested in, and even a sly commentary on the nature of videogame genocides
    (was everyone else not wooed by that loaded image of a buried hand clutching an assault rifle, completely turning the title screen on its head?)

I often have to pinch my arm so I remember this is a game. Uncharted is one series that singlehandedly justifies the existence of cutscenes.

I didnt find UC3 as witty as one or two....Especially compared to the banter of UC1/2. Agree about the cutscenes, UC takes the standard of them to a new level, graphically and as a plot-pushing tool....

But I was dissapointed with the story. At times, it was just too much of the same. Felt they could have made it much more refreshing and new.

Gotta agree about the characters though, there so believable, investable and well defined.

I thought one of the best moments of the game was
    seeing a huge wide shot of a tiny Drake walking along a sand dune as you're controlling him, that whole level was brilliant

I agree on the cutscenes, whyyyyyy isnt there an option to watch them in the menu?! after all the effort they put in you'd think they'd let people watch them at their leisure like you could in the previous games.

also no fat Drake mode, disappoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

By the gods! Why did they make it possible to be able to pick up the same treasure you already have in multiplayer modes? Im level 35 from playing TDM alone and a little coop and on about 5 of the treasure sets picked up in TDM im on 2/3 on all them!:mad: I picked up a jade fish treasure like 3 times in a row. If i found it in real life and it was priceless i would smash it off a ****ing wall

The one big shock of this game is that there is no bonus where you can use any gun you want in the game, have unlimited ammo or use any skin you want. great to play the game again when your another character :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why does EVERYONE pick the airport in Co-op adventure? And why is it ALWAYS one of the two options? I'd like to play a different level please

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Got throught it yesterday. Total play time was 9 hours 20 minutes.

Was enjoyable. But not quite up to standard of the second game.

Aiming was more sluggish than the previous games, which was rather annoying at times, defaul pan speed when aiming was about the same speed as enemys moving up close which mean't it was very hard to track them. Wasn't game breaking .

Graphics where great as ever. Some nice set pieces too near the end. Characters are well developed and are very likeable but I felt some where given too little story time. Cut scenes are very well done. Story was poor and the villian was forgettable again.

Enjoyable, but I think this is the last game in the series they can get away with sticking to the current formula. While I would not want to stray to far away from the core concept that works well it needs abit more to keep it fresh.

• Advertisement

The one big shock of this game is that there is no bonus where you can use any gun you want in the game, have unlimited ammo or use any skin you want. great to play the game again when your another character :)

I was surpised they removed that as well, ND went to town on the extra stuff to replay UC2 but not for this, be cool playing the whole game as
    young Nate or Sully
    or fat Drake again. its kinda sh1tty you have to pay for the skins from the UC2 characters in multiplayer too, could they not just put them in if you already unlocked them? the making of featurettes are well worth a watch, you can see just how much care goes into it from the Naughty Dog team.

Finished it there, nice ending. The
    (mostly) lack of supernatural enemies
    was welcome -
    the Ghost Rider enemies were a pain though, but thankfully their appearance was brief. Agree about the late game absence of Chloe and Cutter - seemed like a waste of two lovable characters. And as much as I love Sully, I thought the ending perhaps would have resonated more if they had actually killed him off rather than cheating out, given the themes of the rest of the game.
    But a small concern, and one that will benefit the inevitable sequel - plenty of great character moments right up until the end.

I agree mixing it up would be nice. They've pretty much nailed the whole big budget Saturday afternoon campaign now, in terms of scale and presentation anyway. I think it's fair to say Uncharted as a series has become the true successor to the Indiana Jones crown - all the charm, action and excitement of that particular series, with no added Shia LaBeouf or cartoon gophers! And that a game has surpassed many blockbuster films in quality is no mean feat, and something the developers and us gamers should be proud of.

The only thing that IMO would propel Uncharted into truly inspired territory? Less combat! It's the only thing holding the series back, and while it's certainly not bad, if there was any way of making the games longer without so much gunplay it would be more than welcome. Would even benefit Mr. Drake as a character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just started chapter 20.
    I love the aiming in it. Was handy getting the 100 headshots. Overall I'm extremely happy with it. Not as many funny bits in it but one or two of them so far have been hysterical IMHO.
    Probably have it cleared later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Just finished there, as well. Stunning game, visuals are amazing, gameplay amazing, has it all really (except perhaps the multiplayer - doesn't have a shade on U2 at least from the hour and a half I've played of it, but maybe with time...).

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Just finished there, as well. Stunning game, visuals are amazing, gameplay amazing, has it all really (except perhaps the multiplayer - doesn't have a shade on U2 at least from the hour and a half I've played of it, but maybe with time...).

prefered UC2's multiplayer as well, it was nice and simple, run around, shoot each other, none of the COD style stuff with streaks and power plays and all the other guff, I play COd but why does every multiplayer game think it needs to model itself after it these days?

Woo just cleared it now. Gonna check out multiplayer.

Woo just cleared it now. Gonna check out multiplayer.

Sorry double post ages between each other haha. Damn phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just finished it too. Solid game. Don't have the same compulsion to platinum it as I did UC1 and 2 though :/

UC2>UC3>UC1.

Just finished it too. Solid game. Don't have the same compulsion to platinum it as I did UC1 and 2 though :/

UC2>UC3>UC1.
    that's the way I'd go aswell. In my opinion though 2 and 3 are fair close.
    The muliltiplayer seems like a laugh. I seen another Irish fella so just followed him around haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 stainlesssteel

As great as the game is, I too felt a little disappointed with the storyline - UC2 was much better overall.
    I think one of the main issues was that for me
    Chloe and Cutter are probably the strongest characters in the game, but Chloe was under-used compared to 2 and it felt like Cutter left way to early on.

Also, they've hinted that UC4 won't happen until the PS4, but have also put out an ad out for a 3rd person action game level designer -
    Young Sully spin-off game?
    (assuming UnKarted isn't going to happen)

Advertisement