Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City constituency

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

The Council appoints that, not the Gardai, afaik, and they can't object to who's on it.

Thats very true, the Gardai have to deal with all kinds of people.

where%27s+willie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

i see the election campain has started mossy has his poster up near thomand park.beside his is gerry adams i see he is not using his new title of baron since he is no longer a mp.will these posters be concerned littering in the eyes of the littering laws.we wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

molard wrote: »
    i see the election campain has started mossy has his poster up near thomand park.beside his is gerry adams i see he is not using his new title of baron since he is no longer a mp.will these posters be concerned littering in the eyes of the littering laws.we wait and see.

Haven't much to worry about, do you?

Meanwhile the country goes up in flames. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

the guy has been slandered, collected for it, he has been found guilty of no crime, he is entitled to run for office as is gerry adams, just what is your beef, as for littering, are sinn fein the only party that litters, i doubt it said croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

flutered wrote: »
    the guy has been slandered, collected for it, he has been found guilty of no crime, he is entitled to run for office as is gerry adams, just what is your beef, as for littering, are sinn fein the only party that litters, i doubt it said croker.

Interesting phrase to use in relation to SF, apt too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

It will be interesting to see if M Martin has any impact locally. Being a munster man, one would suspect he might, just a pity as a minister for trade and enterprise he failed this region as abysmally as Mary Harney. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Latest odds from Paddy Power. Giving Leddin a shout so they are. Obviously missing a few candidates.

Willie O'Dea 1/40
    Michael Noonan 1/20
    Jan O'Sullivan 1/14
    Kieran O'Donnell 8/11
    Joe Leddin 1/1
    Maurice Quinlivan 7/4
    Peter Power 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

Browney7 wrote: »
    Latest odds from Paddy Power. Giving Leddin a shout so they are. Obviously missing a few candidates.

Willie O'Dea 1/40
    Michael Noonan 1/20
    Jan O'Sullivan 1/14
    Kieran O'Donnell 8/11
    Joe Leddin 1/1
    Maurice Quinlivan 7/4
    Peter Power 5/2

The odds on Leddin no way represent value for money. I don't see him as being as short as being even money. I would see him as realistically having something like a 4/1 chance. Paddy Power needs to try offer some decent odds. I suppose the bookie is thinking that the election will bring out even more mug punters than usual. No punter with cop on would go anyplace near these bad value odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Its on private property so its not littering :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

can't believe there are 13 people that would vote FF after all they have done (or not done in Limericks case)

De mind is boggling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The odds on Leddin no way represent value for money. I don't see him as being as short as being even money. I would see him as realistically having something like a 4/1 chance. Paddy Power needs to try offer some decent odds. I suppose the bookie is thinking that the election will bring out even more mug punters than usual. No punter with cop on would go anyplace near these bad value odds.

Paddy Power didn't get rich by giving away money, I presume they've done research and reckon that the above is the likely finishing order. I reckon they've the order roughly right tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Remember that Paddy power's odds (and those of any bookmaker) have very little to do with what they think will be the outcome of a particular event, and have everything to do with what prices they think they need to offer to maximise profits from the punter.

vkid wrote: »
    can't believe there are 13 people that would vote FF after all they have done (or not done in Limericks case)

De mind is boggling

Agreed.
    We can't complain about not getting jobs etc if we continue to vote for FF, because it means we are happy with our lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

It looks as if Kevin Kiely will now run as an independent.Article in the Limerick post today,can't find a link,This should throw a spanner in the works as I reckon he will get a lot of working class votes particularly on the northside of town.

I was wondering when that buffoon would show up. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads and ladies,

In order to keep this thread open, I'll henceforth be enforcing a "no abuse of politicians" rule. I totally understand why people are ridiculing politicians. But, that doesn't mean I'm happy to let it continue. Keep it civil and we'll keep this running here. Continue the silliness and all further political will be directed to the Politics Forum, where modding tends to be a lot stricter.

Thanks. :)

Edit: Link to new Boards.ie General Election 2011 forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1431

RonMexico wrote: »
    I was wondering when that buffoon would show up. :rolleyes:
    As opposed to all the other intellectuals that are running?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

allimac wrote: »
    As opposed to all the other intellectuals that are running?

:D I reckon he makes the rest of them look like college professors

L.T.P. wrote: »
    :D I reckon he makes the rest of them look like college professors
    :DYou mean they work two hours a day,make 80 grand a year and get three months off in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Utterly depressing that O'Dea should score so highly

• Advertisement

Utterly depressing that O'Dea should score so highly

I've long noted that Kerry also has got practically no IDA jobs under FF. So I had a look at paddypower to see how many FF tds would be returned in kerry, and I have to say, well done Kerry - looks like none will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Why are we electing anyone?...

rant

Ok, so maybe Im a bit off the wall here, but why are we electing people into the same system that allows them to put us where we are now?

Why doesnt the ballot paper have a 'None of the above' box? which if scored high would mean there would have to be new people chosen to run.

Why dont we have a system that if you dont vote you are fined?

The system has failed and continues to do so, yet we continue to feed it.
    There needs to be a change....there needs to be accountability....

/rant

Xennon wrote: »
    Why are we electing anyone?...

rant

Ok, so maybe Im a bit off the wall here, but why are we electing people into the same system that allows them to put us where we are now?

Why doesnt the ballot paper have a 'None of the above' box? which if scored high would mean there would have to be new people chosen to run.

Why dont we have a system that if you dont vote you are fined?

The system has failed and continues to do so, yet we continue to feed it.
    There needs to be a change....there needs to be accountability....

/rant

Yes, i agree but don't fall in to M Martin 'political reform' trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Firstly I should apologise.. I'm new in town and therefore do not know local politicians ('sides Willie O Dear) and I havent read all the posts

But Im not voting FF/FG or Lab. That much I know

Who is independent and does anyone have poicy links? SF is last resort

Shame that Dublin gets the Shane Ross / Paul Sommerville types.. havent heard of good indies declaring elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

O'Dea doing the rounds this morning. He was in the Ballinacurra road/Ballinacurra gardens area about 20 minutes ago when I was passing. He had 15, yes 15, little helpers with him.

Talk about arriving mob handed to avoid tricky questions.

With a bit of luck he will be heading out here to Dooradoyle once he is done in there.

D1stant wrote: »
    Firstly I should apologise.. I'm new in town and therefore do not know local politicians ('sides Willie O Dear) and I havent read all the posts

But Im not voting FF/FG or Lab. That much I know

Who is independent and does anyone have poicy links? SF is last resort

Shame that Dublin gets the Shane Ross / Paul Sommerville types.. havent heard of good indies declaring elsewhere

Paul Sommerville is certainly someone I would like to see elected, Shane Ross is average at best imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Spokesperson on Communications, Energy & Natural Resources Willie O'Dea TD !!!!

O'Dea appointed to Martin's frontbench and handed the Communications portfolio..

The more things change, the more they stay the same.:rolleyes:

A useless portfolio.

A vote for willie = a wasted vote. That would hold true even if he were taoiseach lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

i had to go into town this morning, posters of heffernan lag and power ff adorning the landscape from caherconlish to limerick, up before the election had been announced thus breaking the law.

Advertisement