Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We don't want a thread on every little thing you think about the economy - superlock

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

dazftw wrote: »
    Would you all feel better if she was giving some morale boosting speeches to the country in these times?
    Much better, It'd be a change from her all ireland final appearances

And in 6 months time we're told the bill for these morale boosting speeches is €20m due to security and accommodation costs, will you be posting in the "The President Is A Waste Of Money Thread" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

The Master wrote: »
    And in 6 months time we're told the bill for these morale boosting speeches is €20m due to security and accommodation costs, will you be posting in the "The President Is A Waste Of Money Thread" ?

It'd hardly cost 20mil now..

Nothing stopping her making a speech from behind her desk. It doesn't have to be public.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

It'd hardly cost 20mil now..

But it could cost that much, you're forgetting the reality doesn't exist when you're moaning element here :)
    Nothing stopping her making a speech from behind her desk. It doesn't have to be public.

So a private morale boosting speech to a select few then..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The Master wrote: »

So a private morale boosting speech to a select few then..:P

Stick it on youtube and post it on boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

fletch... wrote: »
    Ive nothing against our presidant, all she is is a figure face really, She visited my "town" on thursday i think, all the aul ones out well dressed excited to even get a glimps of her.

But instead she shot trough the town (my town is really just a small street) like a f**kn torpeedo. someone should remind her driver that he's not passing trough a dodgy town in Afganistan, Theres no nead for it.
    Also after all the excitment of her visit, all the gossip was about her bombing down the street as if avoiding any possible ambushes.

Silly silly behaviour Mary, Gaybo's gonna kick yer ass :eek:

I Live near the park on a main road and she passes our house a few times a week, always waves at my mam. She's class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Terry wrote: »
    Waitnig for me to take her place.
    Vote Terry O'Dowd in 2011.
    Thanks.

Sorry Terry, your name is not Mary. You can't even run for election.

Close though ... ends in 'ry'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Which president do you mean? Our pretend President - Mary? Or the real one - President Barroso?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

De Dannan wrote: »
    In such turbulent times we would expect to hear from the head of state. She has been remarkably quiet these days when she should be seen. I know it is not cool to criticise the President but what are is going on in the Aras ?

Cut backs yes, get rid of the bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DublinBkBrowser

What would she say ? Keep on trucking?

I think she's wise to keep quiet and not echo FF ramblings and sentiment.

Nothing she can do or say will change anything anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Terry wrote: »
    Waitnig for me to take her place.
    Vote Terry O'Dowd in 2011.
    Thanks.

I will if I don't run myself. May the best waster win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Jay D wrote: »
    Cut backs yes, get rid of the bitch.

I second that, shes just another overpaid, unproductive fatcat who doesn't contribute anything to society. Disgraceful that millions of tax payer euros are going towards her and her staff at a time when massive cuts are being made to our hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

I second that, shes just another overpaid, unproductive fatcat who doesn't contribute anything to society. Disgraceful that millions of tax payer euros are going towards her and her staff at a time when massive cuts are being made to our hospitals.

But surely her role is/should be more than just the all Ireland finals and state trips abroad. Now would be the time for any head of state to be in touch with the people, even just to say she is willing to do her bit to help out.
    Otherwise just get rid of the position. I mean I have nightmares that one day Bertie will be swanning around in the Aras :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I heard at night she hops over her back wall and walks around the zoo naked

The naked sleepwalking is all the rage at the moment, pays better than being president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

She should go back to her old job as a news reporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the sad thing is , Dustin couldnt have done a worse job, at least he wouldnt have cost as much, and given us a well desrved laugh

didnt the media and public have to coax her to visit flood victims last year ??

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

The role of the President should be one of leadership and giving hope to people even if it is only a ceremonial position. Unfortunately, McAleese is quite a bland political figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

pfft

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

would ye leave poor Mary McAleese alone she is not really president she is more of a goodwill ambassador she can hardly be blamed for the cost of her role which is to project a presidentalness at home and abroad which she does quiet well. yes it costs a load but I'd get rid of the senate before I would get rid of the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

presidentalness

I love it. A new word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

shes sucking c.ock backstage , at the O2
    in order to get a pass to see some big rock group for free .
    I dont know what group it is ,
    but we'll check it out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

DaDumTish wrote: »
    shes sucking c.ock backstage , at the O2
    in order to get a pass to see some big rock group for free .
    I dont know what group it is ,
    but we'll check it out .
    Crystal Swing.

There, I've said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

No need to abolish the role of President but she really should be seen a little more to communicate. Seen as we now have a bunch of foreign people in charge of the finances. I wonder is that candle still lighting in the Aras window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

If your thread is in here it's because it shouldn't be in After Hours and you done screwed up.

Was over reading politic forum. a definate property tax of 100 euro. and somebody wrote per week. Fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

€100 per week?

No a chance of that happening. The figure will more likely be around €1000 per year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello folks. As part of our attempts to stem the flow of threads like this in after hours I would request that you ask the question over in the politics forum where you saw it raised in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Apparently wills give her his mothers old engagement ring?

You would think he could have afforded a new one the feckin miser!

On the plus side, I suppose it means she is the first person to squeeze a finger into Di's ring since Dodi Al Fayed.

Shes a privileged so and so!

Is this the Greatest display of celebrity tightness, our a touching tribute to his mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gucky wrote: »
    On the plus side, I suppose it means she is the first person to squeeze a finger into Di's ring since Dodi Al Fayed.

Stay classy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Got a gripe against the girl do we? Sad thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Gucky wrote: »

They saw a ring over her head after the accident and they thought it was a halo.

Turned out to be a steering wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'd rather another thread on the economy tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement