Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

link to the minimap mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Aw sweet! Who is making the millenium falcon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lotsafish wrote: »

Where's that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Where's that!?

Going by the mapping on pg 91 then it would be at the edge of: V6

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Tallon wrote: »
    My sun and Moon

Not finished, but you get the idea :)
    That's just going to give the creepy feeling that Boards is always watching!
    Lotsafish wrote: »

That's me. Although if it turns out sh*t, then it wasn't me.
    Where's that!?

It's slightly North-East of the stadium, beside the ship and below where Quazzie has signed his name (at least I hope it was Quazzie who did it. Otherwise he may have a stalker! :eek: )

Oh, I had a question I forgot to ask. It was said before that someone destroyed the Lego brick (you'd wonder why?). Is there any way to get that back? I would have thought you could use an earlier server back up. But if this is done, does that mean that anything anyone has built since would disappear, as it was built after the server back up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So who was biulding that big ass castle? Still no one answered... Are they finishing it off or will it be unfinished project? I got anather project planed out :). It will be legen-wait for it -DERRY!

But i need to finish village first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Cossax wrote: »
    Am quite keen on seeing how the Lion's Mouth cave from Aladdin turns out, couldn't be bothered checking back to see whose it is! I did clear some of the dirt in the water next to your sandstone path to the mouth, hope ya don't mind but was hiding my underwater view of it.

Where did you see the Lion's Mouth? I was building one too at one stage but tehn decided to make it into a castle behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I decided to join since I like looking around MC servers.

My minecraft username is : VampiricPadraig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I decided to join since I like looking around MC servers.

My minecraft username is : VampiricPadraig
    Added to the whitelist and social group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Tallon wrote: »
    Right guys, Todays Cartograph...

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1790/tallonsminecraftserver1.jpg

She's a big one..

Well done, the place looks class :)

Ps I love all the hidden names people have everywhere :)

Any chance you can post it in the thread, imageshack is blocked in work:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dammin off the area won't be possible. You'd have to fill it with sand, then mine the sand. Water doesn't flow (not really) it is either present or it isn't.

Even if you do fill it with Sand then mine it, when you are finished, you will have to refill the bay with water. Again its a big job. Better to just leave the water there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Colham wrote: »

It's a 5.7+mb file, bad form to post those things inline to a thread cause it breaks page formatting etc.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Dammin off the area won't be possible. You'd have to fill it with sand, then mine the sand. Water doesn't flow (not really) it is either present or it isn't.

Even if you do fill it with Sand then mine it, when you are finished, you will have to refill the bay with water. Again its a big job. Better to just leave the water there.

Jaysus, that's a grim prospect...

I'm not too familiar with the physics and fluid dynamics of the game really, I shall have to learn. What's the best way to displace water for building underwater structures? I'm sure someone somewhere's working on a Rapture replica :)

Edit:
    Found this thread which might be useful...

Colham wrote: »

Won't let me attach it, might be too big and I dont want to lose the quality
    Kharn wrote: »
    I can't tell ye how happy I am that 1) Minecraft runs on my laptop (slowly!) and 2) it doesn't keep disconnecting and killing my connection like my main PC :)

Try turning the fog on with F and see does that help
    So I've started to clear out a *lot* of sand in the area I've highlighted in red (see below), so I can make sandstone (256 Sand -> 64 stone). I might ask for a "!kit sandstone" command only I want to clear the area out anyway, so it's all good.

Just use the commands, like !give 12 <amount> for sand

Full list here

:)
    Imagine something like the one on the bottom right rising out of the ocean like this?
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/194/148120.JPG

The pink area is all sand in the area that I may end up needing :D

Thoughts? Objections? San Checks?

Awesome, do it, if you need a hand, I can help, although I will be AFK for most of the week
    I'm proposing to dam off the whole bay for the construction and then removing the dam. I have no idea how big a job this is and/or if it's even possible. It's not the sort of thing that's going to happen overnight either :)

Very big job as Quazzie says, best to just build around it
    It's a 5.7+mb file, bad form to post those things inline to a thread cause it breaks page formatting etc.

I think he means jsut to host in on boards
    Jaysus, that's a grim prospect...

I'm not too familiar with the physics and fluid dynamics of the game really, I shall have to learn. What's the best way to displace water for building underwater structures? I'm sure someone somewhere's working on a Rapture replica :)

You'll learn as you go, best way is to fil a box with sand the whole way to the ocean floor and then re-dig it

A very big job

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does the !give command work for everyone or jsut admins?

Just Admins

Normal players can use the Kit commands though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I'm sure someone somewhere's working on a Rapture replica :)

they're well ahead of ya on that one :p
    Part 1:

Part 2:

That bioshick thing is epic!!! Dsmn i loved that game too!!!!! If not so many unfinished games i would jump into it again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Any fans of portal on here? :)

Screenshot2011-02-15at161306.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

<3333333

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I've modified the carto with a grid and posted it in the discussion forum, I think it might be useful for keeping track of what's happening and where.

Also, that fire to the right of the stadium looks like it's still spreading. We may need to attack it en-mass

• Advertisement

anyone watching these lads? they are funny as hell, and the maps they explore are really cool advantures!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You know what that lake needs?

Cthulu.

lolfoz.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, it might be a better option you know....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Have started the outline of the enormo-dome in Z-10 and the surrounding squares.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

that is sooo class!

btw, heres a review of minecraft from yatzee!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2680-Minecraft

honestly, he is soooo right about mc, i bursted lougthing good few times watching it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Getting lots of protocol errors at the moment. Anyone got any ideas what causes these?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

did you try saying 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' to your protocol droid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

getting protocol errors as well when I try to connect. Not sure if im on the whitelist yet though.

• Advertisement

fitzeyboy. wrote: »
    getting protocol errors as well when I try to connect. Not sure if im on the whitelist yet though.
    Added to the whitelist :)

Advertisement