Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What happened to the hotel?

There was an attempt to make a fireplace, and it caught fire and burned the whole thing down.

And then another attempt, with the exact same outcome. So now theres a large green patch between a castle, farm, restaurant and cliffsides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm gonna make a graveyard for the brave souls we lost that day...

RIP

Right lads, I'm gonna start work on a large project when i get home

"First impressions last"

We need to sort out the spawn point, it's in bits

If anyone wants to help, please do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

nothing wrong with it. its at the bottom of the steps leding up to the cathedral.

at the most all is neded is sign posts.

the water needs to be fixed since the burning boat, and you spawn IN the water, which is not good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Tallon wrote: »
    the water needs to be fixed since the burning boat, and you spawn IN the water, which is not good

We should make a big giant gee over the water, so it feels like a water birth each time you spawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Throw out some ideas and send a PM on here when you start... if I'm around ill come help!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone fancy doing the signposts so? That would be a good idea. I dont mind doing it.

And yeah, the spawn point has shifted somewhat, we can reset the spawnpoints etc once the new Bukkit mod is fully supporting the Beta

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So, when I first join the server, do I just need to start mining and building up a set of tools etc and then joining in? I'll find a nice empty spot somewhere I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

if you want stuff spawned just ask an admin and whoevers online should sort you out with whatever you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Kharn wrote: »
    So, when I first join the server, do I just need to start mining and building up a set of tools etc and then joining in? I'll find a nice empty spot somewhere I'm sure :)

Type !kit tools for that!

Other available kits I can remember are
    !kit wood
    !kit dirt
    !kit stone
    !kit cobble
    !kit glass

i'm sure I left something out but they're the basics!

!kit starter spawns you an axe, pick and shovel

!kit starter spawns you an axe, pick and shovel

has that been set to give diamond stuff or is it still wooden?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

ahhhhh, awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks epic lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Such a jip, I never get to see my castle in these! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Can I get in on this action?

Just got a gift code - same name ingame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,885 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Does anyone else have as many protocol errors as I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Quazzie wrote: »
    Does anyone else have as many protocol errors as I do?

I get a protocol error every time I try to log in. Anyone know how this can be fixed?

It's just the authentication servers being overloaded. Can't do much til notch upgrades the servers, he's on holidays now so it won't be anytime soon.

Anyone who's never played on the server before will naturally get the error, we need to add you on the whitelist to gain access. Just a formality to stop unknowns thrashing our haven :D

• Advertisement

It's just the authentication servers being overloaded. Can't do much til notch upgrades the servers, he's on holidays now so it won't be anytime soon.

Anyone who's never played on the server before will naturally get the error, we need to add you on the whitelist to gain access. Just a formality to stop unknowns thrashing our haven :D

Thanks. So do I need to get authenticated by the servers first before I can get added to the whitelist?

Yep. Whats your Minecraft username? I'll add it straight away and that's it

who owns the circular structures near the top right? they look badass whatever they are.

Kersmash wrote: »
    who owns the circular structures near the top right? they look badass whatever they are.

look like either blimp or helicopter landing pads to me.

never mind that who is wokring on the structure/eco system in the bottom left?

someones been off on their own avoiding the rest of us and has their own little patch of land! May venture down there later for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Kersmash wrote: »

They'd be mine, a hell of a lot of work left to do on them though!

Yep. Whats your Minecraft username? I'll add it straight away and that's it

It's Teg_Veece

Thanks, cherryghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

look like either blimp or helicopter landing pads to me.

never mind that who is wokring on the structure/eco system in the bottom left?

*raises hand*

I didn't want to start building something like that near others in case I interfered with their work but I didn't realise I had gone so far. I regret it every time I make a mis-step and fall off...

Do you want me to build you an express train to and from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Tallon wrote: »
    Lads, just to give you an idea on how big our server is.

This is the only other Irish server, and it is nowhere near as awesome as ours.

Keep in mind you guys play with cheats though :p

Doesn't change the fact I'm constantly lurking in this thread due to how impressed I am with the server you guys got.

Personally I still enjoy survival the most though. Me and my mates have our own private server that we all play on and add to.

Otherwise I'd have asked to join yeas ages ago.

Advertisement