Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cossax wrote: »
    Large spheres take forever, trust me!
    I put a template for circles in the Tallon's Minecraft group album. Using that, it's fairly easy to make a sphere. Still takes a little time, but it definitely makes things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Tallon wrote: »
    Added to the whitelist and social group :)

Thanking You. Should be in there this evening. (I currently have no internet at home (posting from work experience lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Thanks to whoever helped finish my railroad, you can now go there and come back, (though I may have modified the boosters so they worked instead of slowing the cart down :p), saved me having to get lost in the mines looking for more iron. Also, cheers to whoever added in all the carts to the storage crate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

humanji wrote: »
    I put a template for circles in the Tallon's Minecraft group album. Using that, it's fairly easy to make a sphere. Still takes a little time, but it definitely makes things easier.

I'm using this, I had started a dome with the one you uploaded but I found the above more useful.

My previous dome was only radius 18 or 19, took a while but wasn't too bad. Current one is radius 64 and have only got 3 layers done!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I 'lost' 3 hours playing this today, think it would be better to play on a multiplayer persistant server, some of those building projects look awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Is your MC name Sharrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why is it necessary that its possible to die. Is it possible to make us all immortal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Tallon wrote: »
    Is your MC name Sharrow?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why is it necessary that its possible to die. Is it possible to make us all immortal?

nope. we used to be able to turn it on and off but notch fixed it :(

loved jumping off tall structures and not dying :p

nope. we used to be able to turn it on and off but notch fixed it :(

You can jump off mine and survive, if you do it right,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cossax wrote: »
    I'm using this, I had started a dome with the one you uploaded but I found the above more useful.

My previous dome was only radius 18 or 19, took a while but wasn't too bad. Current one is radius 64 and have only got 3 layers done!
    How do you use that? Do you zoom in?

humanji wrote: »
    How do you use that? Do you zoom in?

Yup. Have to count the blocks, which can be an utter pain but it gives you great looking and proportioned spheres/domes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I still cant connect to the server for some reason? :o I dont think its anything to do with me since I can connect to other minecraft servers fine

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I still cant connect to the server for some reason? :o I dont think its anything to do with me since I can connect to other minecraft servers fine

Same here. F**king Protocol errors :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When you jump off a building, continue jumping. You have more chance of not getting any health loss. He may have fixed this, though.

Can anyone connect to the server at the moment?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I just tried there, I got in ok. I didn't stay on long cause I'm heading to bed soon, but I got on.

Must be just me so. Can someone remove me from the whitelist and then add me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Quazzie wrote: »
    Must be just me so. Can someone remove me from the whitelist and then add me again.
    Done, although I don't know if it'll help

It didn't :mad: :(

• Advertisement

Whoever owned the brick house near the stadium - your fireplace was too close to the wool/wood/whatever flameable material was next to it.
    Someone tried to clear it up but it's sorted now.

People need to be more careful with fire, esp. with wood or wool nearby - think the safe distance is 2 full blocks in between but why not 3 just to be safe? Or glass it in.

Two different computers, two different ip addresses, multiple browsers (including the downloaded game window) and I'm still getting protocol errors disallowing me access.

Any ideas? Time for a server reboot perhaps?

have you rebooted? stupid question i know, but still. i'll have a look at a few things this evening and see if i get it myself.

in the meantime if tallon or cherry can get a look then they might be able to sort something out too.

I've rebooted bot here in work and on my laptop at home. Ran CCleaner, used multiple browsers, used the game app itself. Reading online suggests it occurs when a player is ejected from the game suddenly rather than exitting. For example if my connection died, or my game froze (which is what happened) it then leads to protocol errors when I log back in. They've never last this long before though.:confused:

i'll do a bit of investigating my side and see what i can dig up.

also if you get a chance can you put the entire error message here or PM it to me.

thanks.

mc3w.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are you logging in using the web browser? Have you tried using the stand alone client instead?

Are you logging in using the web browser? Have you tried using the stand alone client instead?

Tried both. Both end in the same result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I don't know what is happening with my Minecraft.exe

At random times, it decides to close no matter what I do. I changed a bunch of settings but it kept closing. No error message, etc.

I will try something this evening which should fix it. It's a good server btw :D

Advertisement