Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Townie_P wrote: »
    Haven't ventured in to the city yet but been around Dooradoyle which has been quiet aside from queues for McDonalds. Was also out in Newcastle West this week and you would never know the shops have reopened. Ghostly quiet, loads of parking, hardly no footfall. You'd have to fear for all the businesses in the smaller towns. It's hard to see how they will survive.

Just back from town. Was coming in from the parkway. Traffic was quite busy. Town was busy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Just back from town. Was coming in from the parkway. Traffic was quite busy. Town was busy too.

Since last week when doing a 5pm commute(have been comutting for at least 3 weeks now) I sometimes have to avoid the Parkway as it's backed up from the lights down by the Maxol. Shops are open and people are moving more but then again at 8am the roads are still quieter so I'm happy to only put up with evening traffic now. (for now)

It's a reverse commutte twice a day because my office is near my wifes but I'm working from home and she is not so I've to drop her to work and come home. 16km round trip twice a day so I've been able to see a steady increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

seems to be a new clothes shop across from the strand hotel in one of the 3 units, cant remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

People queued overnight for Pennys in the city centre and they had to open early for safety reasons because the queue was so long. Very little social distancing too.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/video/home/549992/watch-penneys-in-limerick-opens-early-due-to-long-queue-overnight.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is TK Maxx reopening this weekend please?

Edit: I was just there and it's closed. Smyths and Jysk next to it were open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

geotrig wrote: »
    seems to be a new clothes shop across from the strand hotel in one of the 3 units, cant remember the name.
    Original Ireland (I think) - seems like a women's shop, saw women's clothing and handbags as I passed by

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Is TK Maxx reopening this weekend please?

Edit: I was just there and it's closed. Smyths and Jysk next to it were open.

I would say TK Maxx getting ready to reopen - the shutters were up, lights were on and they had the social distancing all marked up outside (also like Jysk nearby fenced lanes so must be expecting some ques).

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Has anyone any inside info on when DFS might open?
    Can’t understand how they are still taking order on websites but no deliveries are going out?!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There is a KFC opening next to Woodies on the Ennis Road. New building. Looks like it will be open very soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There is a KFC opening next to Woodies on the Ennis Road. New building. Looks like it will be open very soon.

It's to be a drive through. They must be working very fast, a month ago there was nothing other than a foundation there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

The Locke are giving Locke burger a permanent home in the building beside the bar. It looks like it has a different vibe to the bar. Videos in their Instagram story.

A nice addition to the city. The burgers are so tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

FutureGuy wrote: »

Took them long enough, the Sagrada Familia has taken less time.

Took them long enough, the Sagrada Familia has taken less time.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The Locke are giving Locke burger a permanent home in the building beside the bar. It looks like it has a different vibe to the bar. Videos in their Instagram story.

A nice addition to the city. The burgers are so tasty.

Looks like where the ice cream shop was. Good location.

The Locke could open a kebab shop that also sells vape juice and fixes phones in that location and make a mint.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's to be a drive through. They must be working very fast, a month ago there was nothing other than a foundation there.

Yeah it's drive thru and sit in once everything gets back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Some of those chain retaurant buildings are pre-fabricated to a certain design. Once the ground work is complete they go up very quick.

I know someone who swears she saw a McDonalds built like that in two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Paddico

The Locke could open a kebab shop that also sells vape juice and fixes phones in that location and make a mint.

No bookies or cash for gold?

Some of those chain retaurant buildings are pre-fabricated to a certain design. Once the ground work is complete they go up very quick.

Not quite two weeks but I remember one going from groundwork to opening in under a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The old Shell on the dock road, now Caseys Londis, was a pre fab building previously. Came on the back of trucks from the Nordics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

The McDonalds in Shannon arrived on the back of a few artics. It went from foundation to roof-on in 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

TychoCaine wrote: »
    The McDonalds in Shannon arrived on the back of a few artics. It went from foundation to roof-on in 2 days

So did most of Shannon by the looks of it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭shanmo

I think Moldova shop - an Eastern European food supermarket may be opening on Sheep St.

shanmo wrote: »
    I think Moldova shop - an Eastern European food supermarket may be opening on Sheep St.

It’s a very good shop but an odd location.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Lots of work going on in the old hardware shop beside Mother Macs. They're completely gutting the place.

It definitely looks promising but yes strange location never would have expected it.

It definitely looks promising but yes strange location never would have expected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jose Maria

So did most of Shannon by the looks of it! :pac:
    Have to say I always think Shannon is kept well for what it is I'm always inspecting the difference between Shannon and Coonagh cross public areas as I travel in and out every day, entering limerick is like entering Aleppo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Jose Maria wrote:
    Have to say I always think Shannon is kept well for what it is I'm always inspecting the difference between Shannon and Coonagh cross public areas as I travel in and out every day, entering limerick is like entering Aleppo

Aleppo is a bit of a stretch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

I don't think it will be prefabricated I have a vague recollection of it when it went out to tender

Advertisement