Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

tweek84 wrote: »
    I don't think it will be prefabricated I have a vague recollection of it when it went out to tender

Inside four walls will be mostly prefab though. Once licence and premises are secured, the franchise warehouse gets to work with the shipment (wall coverings, fixtures, fittings, tables and chairs). Contractors are just pulled in to assist with assembly/installation and getting the building prepped for it.

The Centra in City East Plaza went in over the space of 2 days. The existing shop was closed for about 5 days total but majority of the time was just spent demolishing and moving electrics. Once the shell was ready it became a Centra within a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭BobMc

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Lots of work going on in the old hardware shop beside Mother Macs. They're completely gutting the place.

Being converted to residential apartments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

BobMc wrote: »
    Being converted to residential apartments

Are you sure? According to the councils planning site there's been no planning application for anything on High St. in the last 5 years. Never mind an application to convert a building to apartments. Not another illegal development I hope.

work nearby, Dad stopped and spoke with chaps working on site

• Registered Users Posts: 3 molbeckystan

I just read that Ivans is to be transformed into a LAYA health and wellness clinic.

• Advertisement

Are you sure? According to the councils planning site there's been no planning application for anything on High St. in the last 5 years. Never mind an application to convert a building to apartments. Not another illegal development I hope.

Wouldnt be first time its happened !

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

New pizza place opening on O'Connell street, Doh Pizza. Looks like it could be the old Badass Burrito unit from the address.

I just read that Ivans is to be transformed into a LAYA health and wellness clinic.

was announced good few months back, passed yesterday, builders are on site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

New pizza place opening on O'Connell street, Doh Pizza. Looks like it could be the old Badass Burrito unit from the address.

Hope they fixed the septic system in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

sioda wrote: »

Why would they have a septic tank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭moby2101

sioda wrote: »

Hes dead right. Remember being in there many years ago, it was an Italian restaurant at the time, the smell emanating from the basement was vile. Big issues with sewerage on that site

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hes dead right. Remember being in there many years ago, it was an Italian restaurant at the time, the smell emanating from the basement was vile. Big issues with sewerage on that site

From talking to one of the previous tenants there is little that can be done with it, unfortunately there a series of drains and pipes passing through, apparently there is alot underneath there and it was pointed out to the tenant by inspectors so they also know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

People were crowded outside some establishment on Catherine Street. Could be The Commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Confirmed that Crew Brewing Co will be opening this Autumn in the old fire station building on Thomas Street. I am well exited for this to open. Can't wait. Hopefully they'll have a good set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

Seen nothing online but the new KFC Ennis Road now has it's drive-through open and is serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Seen nothing online but the new KFC Ennis Road now has it's drive-through open and is serving.

Was going past it on Friday evening seemed to be doing a good trade on the drive through. Did not open until then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Contrary to some speculation here, house will be back open this Thursday from 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Glenomra

a friend of mine has a small business in Limerick and read about the online support scheme from the Limerick Enterprise Board. Can anybody suggest the name of a company who would set up his web site etc. He knows very little about web providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Glenomra wrote: »
    a friend of mine has a small business in Limerick and read about the online support scheme from the Limerick Enterprise Board. Can anybody suggest the name of a company who would set up his web site etc. He knows very little about web providers.

Blacknight have done a lot of this kind of stuff (SMB web design, hosting & marketing) in the past. Take a look at https://www.blacknight.com/build-my-website/

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Glenomra

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Blacknight have done a lot of this kind of stuff (SMB web design, hosting & marketing) in the past. Take a look at https://www.blacknight.com/build-my-website/
    Thank you. I appreciate that.

• Advertisement

If your applying for the online trading voucher, you have to attend an online webinar all about it, I did it last week, was very informative, gives you all the info you need and plenty besides, goes thru the application too,

Presenter was very good, check online for next one available

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Lots of construction going on in the old Geraldine bar across from Crosses funeral home. Anyone any idea what's going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Same with Lidl in Castletroy when I've passed it going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Lots of construction going on in the old Geraldine bar across from Crosses funeral home. Anyone any idea what's going in there?

Converting to flats by the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Jerry flannerys and Cobblestone Joe's reopening on Friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I saw people sitting outside Treaty City Brewery drinking pints seems to be tables and seats now.
    Also they are advertising coffee I say Bakehouse 22 Tracy's pretty pissed with that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Elive are a limerick based one, they are on the dock road in limerick
    https://www.elive.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

bigpink wrote: »
    I saw people sitting outside Treaty City Brewery drinking pints seems to be tables and seats now.
    Also they are advertising coffee I say Bakehouse 22 Tracy's pretty pissed with that

A number of people doing the tours before couldn't drink pints because they were driving/pregnant etc so it was a good shout to offer something non alcoholic that isn't a soft drink/water to those who can't sample the beer.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hertz car sales sign up in coonagh just past applegreen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A number of people doing the tours before couldn't drink pints because they were driving/pregnant etc so it was a good shout to offer something non alcoholic that isn't a soft drink/water to those who can't sample the beer.

Yeah deffo good to have an alternative.But I think it's cafe open to the public.If I was the shop I'd be pissed off they being trying for years to get Nicholas Street going wheres I think Treaty City got alot of council help

Advertisement