Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Vanquished wrote: »
    The Joe Duffy group has applied for permission to build an Audi showroom on the vacant site between B&Q and Conlans BMW at the Garryglass roundabout.

What does this mean for the current Audi dealership which is already in a large building that was built specially for Audi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Bored_lad wrote: »
    What does this mean for the current Audi dealership which is already in a large building that was built specially for Audi?

It's probably too small a site for what they want. And afaik it's rented. They were initially supposed to go into the former o maras premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The current Audi dealership is just the old Singland Land Rover building.

Ya I can't see how you could have two Audi dealerships that close to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Work going on in the "old" xtravision store in Dooradoyle this morning, hopefully someone will be in there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Audi have a showroom model which they require, the Singland site is a temporary location .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Audi Limerick doesn't own the existing Singland Motors building and it was always only a short term premises for them until they found a suitable location for a new showroom. I'd say Conlan's must be chuffed they are going in next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

davo2001 wrote: »
    Work going on in the "old" xtravision store in Dooradoyle this morning, hopefully someone will be in there soon.

I heard that the beauty place next door is extending into the xtravision unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

House is lovely but very strange that the toilets are the old sinbin toilets well done up bit ya still have to go all the way down stairs

Well that's it, I'm definitely not going there now.

bazz26 wrote: »

Was there tonight. It's a massive clohessys with funky light bulbs. I'll venture back when the hype dies down. Nice spot to be fair. No fag machine yet if you're a smoker.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

bazz26 wrote: »

Ud think a pub that was build from scratch,money spend and planned would have toilets on the same level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

There has to be a disabled access one on the main floor. If it's vacant use that. I have no probs with loos up/down stairs a good few pubs in town are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

sioda wrote: »
    There has to be a disabled access one on the main floor. If it's vacant use that. I have no probs with loos up/down stairs a good few pubs in town are the same.

:eek::eek::eek:
    we've all done it but can't believe you just endorsed it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It's not like car park spaces. It's disabled access not exclusive.

bigpink wrote: »
    Ud think a pub that was build from scratch,money spend and planned would have toilets on the same level

There are plenty of pubs in town that don't have their regular toilets on the same floor as the bar.

- The Bank (when it was around) used the old vault in the basement.
    - Phil Flannery's have theirs upstairs.
    - Michael Flannery's have toilets in the basement and on the first floor.
    - Tom Collin's have theirs upstairs.
    - Fla's had theirs upstairs the last time I was in there.

Is it really a big deal? If it was a safety concern they would not get permission to trade.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The White House and the Blind Pig were the same, and Mickey Martin's would be another current example.

McGettigans have the jacks downstairs...away from the actual pub itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭phog

The toilets in the Strand Hotel are downstairs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

I passed the place rather quickly but first thing that struck me is that if you are inside you can't actually look out at the river?

Can someone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The toilets in The Rock bar are downstairs as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Was there tonight. Disaster at the bar. People sitting at the bar and impossible to get a drink. Waiting 10 minutes and eventually left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Was there tonight. Disaster at the bar. People sitting at the bar and impossible to get a drink. Waiting 10 minutes and eventually left.

My sister was there last night and mentioned the same about the wait times for a drink but she put it down to the place being new

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭Tefral

Working in the design of buildings, i can categorically state that they are designed and expected to be used by ambulant people as well as those who are disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is there a facebook or website for House Bar?
    I went in Saturday - was nice, good atmosphere, nicely scrubbed up clientele. The bar issue was a nuisance but minor, probably due to the fact a lot of people wanted to have a look inside.

I want to check if they do food, seems like a nice place to have something to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is there a facebook or website for House Bar?
    I went in Saturday - was nice, good atmosphere, nicely scrubbed up clientele. The bar issue was a nuisance but minor, probably due to the fact a lot of people wanted to have a look inside.

I want to check if they do food, seems like a nice place to have something to eat

I've asked on twitter and they will be doing lunch. They have a facebook page too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Was in House Saturday night and was really impressed, place looks great and is a welcome addition to the Limerick nightlife scene. Invariably though, people will always find something to complain about (the toilets are downstairs - big deal, get over it). The fact that someplace like House decided to open in Limerick is an endorsement for the city, and hopefully a sign of better things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was in House Saturday night and was really impressed, place looks great and is a welcome addition to the Limerick nightlife scene. Invariably though, people will always find something to complain about (the toilets are downstairs - big deal, get over it). The fact that someplace like House decided to open in Limerick is an endorsement for the city, and hopefully a sign of better things to come.

The toilets that were on the ground floor used to be of a really high standard, I wonder did they rip these out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Mc Love wrote: »
    The toilets that were on the ground floor used to be of a really high standard, I wonder did they rip these out too.
    They gutted it back to bare walls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Went to House. It's grand, nothing spectacular though. Kind of like Aubars used be and similar crowd. Make of that what you will !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭phog

I see no reason why a retailer would give up prime retail space to provide toilets. Once the toilets are accessible to all their customers on a lower or upper level what's the issue?

Advertisement