Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

MarkR wrote: »
    New mod. I got very excited. ;) Twas like the bat signal going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

13 years on the forum as not so much as a warning.

McLove my apologies for losing the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

13 years on the forum as not so much as a warning.

McLove my apologies for losing the head.

No worries - but I will echo what has been said, it would/could do with a redevelopment and add in Penneys, maybe even an M&S :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

So alot of Hype about House wonder will it be any good

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭James McNulty

bigpink wrote: »
    So alot of Hype about House wonder will it be any good

Forgive me for not being "down with the kids" on this one, but what's all the hype about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Forgive me for not being "down with the kids" on this one, but what's all the hype about?

Think a lot of the hype being generated is reflective of Limerick's pretty poor nightclub/late bar scene. People are just desperate for a change of scene from Nancys/Icon/Flannerys. We have some great pubs but are scarce on quality nightclubs/late bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Meadows and Byrne opening up in Castletroy Town centre, according to Limerick Life. Also included obligatory mention of Starbucks possibly opening.

Surprised that Meadows and Byrne would open there when Hook and Ladder already have a similar business there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any word on what's happening with Burke's Bar (Catherine Street)? I noticed there were no "for sale" signs or anything like them on the building this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Vanquished

An File wrote: »
    Any word on what's happening with Burke's Bar (Catherine Street)? I noticed there were no "for sale" signs or anything like them on the building this evening.

Those signs were taken down a few weeks back. I've seen a couple of site visits over the last year without anything resulting from them. Hopefully it's different this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭phog

A unit opposite the flower shop in Castletroy SC is listed as reserved for TechStar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The new Landlords have really sorted out that shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

New clothes shop going in the old blacktie unit girls clothes before anyone gets excited

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

sioda wrote: »
    New clothes shop going in the old blacktie unit girls clothes before anyone gets excited

Think it's the woman who used to run Imasa moving in.

Anyone know what's happening with the O'Donnell's renovation on Wickham St.? Last I heard was that the Galway Bay Brewery were moving in but there doesn't appear to be much progress..

Yeah it still hasn't been touched. Wouldn't be the first time GBB have announced plans for Limerick and not seen them through.

Yeah it still hasn't been touched. Wouldn't be the first time GBB have announced plans for Limerick and not seen them through.

Shame, it would have been a good addition. At least we're getting House and Teds (re-opening) which should shake-up the late-bar/nightclub scene.

Looking forward to House opening. Ted's....not so much, especially that Futureama are involved. :pac:

Looking forward to House opening. Ted's....not so much, especially that Futureama are involved. :pac:

Ya, same sentiment here. I'm too young to remember Ted's (or whatever was there before) but the re-opening seems to be getting a good deal of attention. House should be good, hope they try and establish it as a classier alternative to the likes of icon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I see this week's Limerick Post have an advert for a new Gastropub opening soon out in Raheen called Off The Bone. It says Raheen Roundabout so I'm assuming this is the bar in the South Court hotel?

Edit: Just seen pictures on their twitter page and it is the bar in the South Court, looks like extensive work being done on it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Look at the Tedd facebook page and just laugh how bad the marketing is
    They have a dj playing 70s 80s then a dj playing house music

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

bigpink wrote: »
    Look at the Tedd facebook page and just laugh how bad the marketing is
    They have a dj playing 70s 80s then a dj playing house music

What sort of crowd are they trying to attract? Teds has always been for the 30s plus crowd. Full of divorced/pretending to be divorced men a decade shy of middle age, trying to hit on the very few early 20s women who would occasionally venture in for a change of scene. I went there a few times when I was about 21 and would invariably end up getting hit on by some guy I used to babysit for. Now I'm the target demographic.:(

I think that's one of the mistakes Bentleys made. It used to be where my Mam would go with her friends and then they used to do club nights as well where it would be over run with young people and really loud dance music. Didn't seem to know what market it wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

whats the fb address of new teds?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

whats the fb address of new teds?

https://www.facebook.com/tedsbarandrestaurant/?ft

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭topcat72

Strong rumour that Easons are taking the former HMV unit in the Crescent SC. Not clear if its a franchise one ( like the Parkway),

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That would be a great addition

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Has there been any further info on the extension in the crescent? Any rumours as to what shops are going in there?

No m&s gags please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

topcat72 wrote: »
    Strong rumour that Easons are taking the former HMV unit in the Crescent SC. Not clear if its a franchise one ( like the Parkway),

There was a similar rumour a few years ago that Easons were going into the unit that JR's vacated. Mothercare went in there in the end. It would be great if that rumour was true though. One thing the crescent is a good newsagent. Tesco don't sell papers/magazines and the selection in the newsagents is poor to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭Tefral

There was a similar rumour a few years ago that Easons were going into the unit that JR's vacated. Mothercare went in there in the end. It would be great if that rumour was true though. One thing the crescent is a good newsagent. Tesco don't sell papers/magazines and the selection in the newsagents is poor to say the least.

My wife is a store manager for Easons, the big wigs have been visiting the crescent alot lately she was saying to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

iguana wrote: »
    Now I'm the target demographic.:(

This is the scariest thing about the reopening of Ted's. I remember going their in my late teens and laughing at all the, what i thought to be, old, sad desperate individuals. Now I'm one of them :eek::pac:

Advertisement