Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just saw on twitter, there is a new pub after opening beside Aubars called Paddy Frawleys.

Passed by Aubars two days ago and although it looked like work was being carried out, it just looked like it was part of Aubars. Strange strategy if it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just saw on twitter, there is a new pub after opening beside Aubars called Paddy Frawleys.

Passed by Aubars two days ago and although it looked like work was being carried out, it just looked like it was part of Aubars. Strange strategy if it is though.

Yes, it does seem strange. It looked lovely this evening though! An old "traditional" look to the interior. It looks like an addition to Aubars, as it's in the area to the left of the main door.

Just been told there is big plans afoot to transform Aubars in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They have an advert in this week's Limerick Post with their plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bazz26 wrote: »
    They have an advert in this week's Limerick Post with their plans.

What page, Bazz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What page, Bazz?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Mc Love wrote: »

where is this pub? was up by aubars tonight and didnt see it??

Its part of Aubars. Its right beside the main entrance and closest to the Bagel factory/obriens

Diesel is opening in the crescent in the unit across from tesco that used to be a restaurant according to the cresent facebook page

Diesel is now open! Looks nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Diesel is now open! Looks nice!

Which Diesel?

• Advertisement

The cheap Irish one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The cheap Irish one!

I presume you mean cheap in quality cause certainly not in price.

Don't now if this is up but the Chinese on Davis Street is no more and is now like another kebab place.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Jofspring wrote: »
    I presume you mean cheap in quality cause certainly not in price.

Don't now if this is up but the Chinese on Davis Street is no more and is now like another kebab place.

Cheaper than the other Diesel brand in Brown Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The new Paddy Frawly's pub (next door to and part of Aubar's) opened last Friday night:

Photo from their facebook page:

392303_146304788808364_146303522141824_172610_1144129168_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Macron/Limerick FC plan to have their shop opening this weekend on Patricks St (Arthurs Quay, next to dry cleaners) Plan is to open it for a few months and see how it goes.

May be limited stock for another week or so but should have all the new Macron gear in soon.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Macron/Limerick FC plan to have their shop opening this weekend on Patricks St (Arthurs Quay, next to dry cleaners) Plan is to open it for a few months and see how it goes.

May be limited stock for another week or so but should have all the new Macron gear in soon.

Hopefully they'll at least have jersies for the opening or it will just put people off early. Personally I'd prefer if they didn't open till they had full or very good stock at least. First impressions and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Maybe yer man in Castlepark is getting them.

Considering Leonard Motors had the Renault marque taken from them quite a while ago for being, amongst other things, a crap dealer.

Castlepark has Peugeot so why not give him the other French marque. Frankly Motorzone has enough on their plate with all their marques.

Wouldn't blame Leonards Motors , Renaults are generally a crap car and if he has given back or lost the dealership, he is the lucky one !:D

shawnee wrote: »
    Wouldn't blame Leonards Motors , Renaults are generally a crap car and if he has given back or lost the dealership, he is the lucky one !:D

Speaking of Renault, I passed Castlepark tonight and the showroom is beginning to take shape. Almost finished but missing the cars still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's refreshing to have a new pub in the city.

Yeah, because that's exactly what Limerick needs.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Speaking of Renault, I passed Castlepark tonight and the showroom is beginning to take shape. Almost finished but missing the cars still.

The cars have been out the front most days whilst they are working inside.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they'll at least have jersies for the opening or it will just put people off early. Personally I'd prefer if they didn't open till they had full or very good stock at least. First impressions and that.

Its gonna take a lot more than having to wait for new gear to put your average Limerick fan off anything in fairness, (not dealing with the bandwagon jumping event junkies here :)) as they have the unit cleaned, painted, carpeted and already with some stock why not open it and get it up and running.

Official opening wont happen untill the new gear is in afaik, but they may have opened today.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Its gonna take a lot more than having to wait for new gear to put your average Limerick fan off anything in fairness, (not dealing with the bandwagon jumping event junkies here :)) as they have the unit cleaned, painted, carpeted and already with some stock why not open it and get it up and running.

Official opening wont happen untill the new gear is in afaik, but they may have opened today.

Is it inside of Arthurs Quay or outside on the street where Ambassador Cleaners, the Penny Arcade etc... are?

Is it inside of Arthurs Quay or outside on the street where Ambassador Cleaners, the Penny Arcade etc... are?

Outside next to the dry cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

shawnee wrote: »

The dealership wasn't taken off Leonards, Renault decided to act the maggot and make ridiculous demands in the current economic climate, so Leonard's told them where to go.

On a positive note, Leonard's Motors will be re-launching with the Mazda brand in the coming weeks, retaining their existing staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cul-2008 wrote: »
    On a positive note, Leonard's Motors will be re-launching with the Mazda brand in the coming weeks, retaining their existing staff.

Are they going to try to rip people off like they tried under the Renault Umbrella.

I had a 2004 Laguna, my father a 2004 Megane and my friend had a 2004 Scenic. All were recalled. Something to do with spark plugs I think. Leonards wanted my father and friend to pay 50% of the labour and the other 50% would come from Renault.

Mine was done in Galway for FREE as it was a recall(after all). Leonards were then going to claim back the 100% labour from Renault(like they are entitled to) and cream a little profit from the unsuspecting customers.

Some cheek. I always found the tall lanky lad in service to be very rude. Also let them pay for their parking outside the front of the dealership as well. That is for public parking, not for parking their own cars out there. I remember seeing a car, in the process, of being blocked in bumper to bumper by the staff one morning because, I assume, somebody had the cheek to park their car in a public parking space.

/Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

cul-2008 wrote: »
    The dealership wasn't taken off Leonards, Renault decided to act the maggot and make ridiculous demands in the current economic climate, so Leonard's told them where to go.

Does that mean mike o Dwyer lost the franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

sioda wrote: »
    Does that mean mike o Dwyer lost the franchise

A long while back I'm lead to be believe, surprising as he still has the Mazda logo displayed. Not surprising the took it away in all fairness, the showroom looks like a glorified greenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Are they going to try to rip people off like they tried under the Renault Umbrella.

I had a 2004 Laguna, my father a 2004 Megane and my friend had a 2004 Scenic. All were recalled. Something to do with spark plugs I think. Leonards wanted my father and friend to pay 50% of the labour and the other 50% would come from Renault.

Mine was done in Galway for FREE as it was a recall(after all). Leonards were then going to claim back the 100% labour from Renault(like they are entitled to) and cream a little profit from the unsuspecting customers.

Some cheek. I always found the tall lanky lad in service to be very rude. Also let them pay for their parking outside the front of the dealership as well. That is for public parking, not for parking their own cars out there. I remember seeing a car, in the process, of being blocked in bumper to bumper by the staff one morning because, I assume, somebody had the cheek to park their car in a public parking space.

/Rant over.

But I guess it was Renault acting the maggot :rolleyes: mate of mine bought a new megane in 2010 and his brake lights went faulty and Renault in Ennis wouldn't fix it at the time because where he bought the car didn't fit a Renault approved part to do with a tow bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭black & white

Some cheek. I always found the tall lanky lad in service to be very rude./Rant over.

He's gone a good while, guy with grey hair and glasses has been doing that job for the last couple of years. Agree about the parking outside their garage though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Dealz open in William St. this week. My cherrycoke addiction has gone through the roof now :p

Advertisement