Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

joanofarc wrote: »
    Sorry for butting in but i'm heading to liverpool soon and am wondering about the sc you mentioned...Liverpool one.....is it worth a visit? is at all under one roof or is it like woodbury common in states ( all individual shops/sorta like kildare outlets)? And when looking at costs.....do things work out cheaper or dearer given the sterling changeover?

If you are going to be spending time in Liverpool city centre, you will not be able to avoid it as it's in the heart of the city centre and takes up a massive site of former streets so it's not like Woodbury Common where you have to trek out of Manhattan to get to it. It's not an outlet centre and has your full range of high street stores like H&M, Karen Millen, Zara etc. I find sterling prices are always cheaper even when factoring in the exchange as euro costs in Ireland make the same items of clothes 50% dearer!

The other poster made a good point about how the Opera Centre could really act as a magnet for Limerick City centre if it modelled itself on Liverpool One. It's made up of streets and lanes which are pedestrianised so you don't have that souless sanitised atmosphere you get in indoor shopping malls. Well worth a visit. Their website below.

http://www.liverpool-one.com/website/home.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

adaminho wrote: »
    New chipper opening on William Street called golden chicken. It's where that Shwarma coffee shop was. Also sale agreed sign on new York pizza/lobster pot.

Is that the unit where O'Briens used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Is that the unit where O'Briens used to be?

No, it's up next to Every Blooming Thing, the florists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

So soon enough, Limerick city centre will only be fast food joints and pound shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

seachto7 wrote: »
    So soon enough, Limerick city centre will only be fast food joints and pound shops

We haven't left the euro. Yet :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

seachto7 wrote: »
    We haven't left the euro. Yet :p

Poundland has come to Ireland you know but then again opened as Dealz. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Another Cash for Gold type place setting up, this time in Grove Island. I'd give it 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

joanofarc wrote: »
    Sorry for butting in but i'm heading to liverpool soon and am wondering about the sc you mentioned...Liverpool one.....is it worth a visit? is at all under one roof or is it like woodbury common in states ( all individual shops/sorta like kildare outlets)? And when looking at costs.....do things work out cheaper or dearer given the sterling changeover?

Sorry I did not spot your post earlier Joan, but Ongarboy has everything pretty spot on in his reply to ya. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Another Cash for Gold type place setting up, this time in Grove Island. I'd give it 3 months.

The clothes for cash one. Those misspelled label makers that were coming through our letter boxes for years were onto something.

Luigi Malones premises to reopen.

As Marco Polo end of Next Week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Luigi Malones premises to reopen.

As Marco Polo end of Next Week.

Is it going to be a restaurant again?

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Is it going to be a restaurant again?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Yes.

Italian?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Wokking seem have to rearranged their setup which makes it seem wokking and the new restaurant are sharing kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wokking seem have to rearranged their setup which makes it seem wokking and the new restaurant are sharing kitchens.

Z0mg the possibility of spaghetti bolognese and chinese chicken balls is mouth watering.

Consdering the Jasmine/Wokking/Chocolat restaurant own the restaurant(Luigis) it doesn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Consdering the Jasmine/Wokking/Chocolat restaurant own the restaurant(Luigis) it doesn't surprise me.

Don't forget z-we-ton :P

Talk about a monopoly!

Passed by the old dunnes last night and the lights were on inside! There were aload of those scissor crane things outside it also! :O anyone know what tis (Might not necessarily be a new place opening :P)

Passed by the old dunnes last night and the lights were on inside! There were aload of those scissor crane things outside it also! :O anyone know what tis (Might not necessarily be a new place opening :P)

Saw a load of cherry picker type things lined up outside the back but just assumed they were just for Christmas lights.

Lights on inside old Dunnes. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Council could be using it to lay out and organise the lights before putting them up, it's central, has electricity to test the lights, and large open spaces on 2 floors to lay the lights out.

Not saying that's what it is, just a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

Have been like this for best part of last week, don't know if there's work going on inside or the last person out of there left the lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

its the santa experience

http://santaexperience.ie/limerick.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

sonyair wrote: »

woohoo i cant wait :) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

sonyair wrote: »

Way more likely than my idea :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus, the price of it!
    2 adults and 1 child under 3 would come to €55

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Hahahahaha.. Those prices are nuts!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was planning on bringing the daughter, not a fúcking chance. €25 for her just to get her picture taken with a fat guy with a fake beard. I could do that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Lower Gerald Griffin Street where my favourite charity shop was (beside Tony Grant [?] the carpet/tile place and across from the Gathering), a pet shop is opening there.
    Also there's a Halloween shop where Sequoia Lane was on O Connell Street, the guys who do the Ice Rink are in there.

Speaking of Ice Rink does anyone know if they've done their recruitment for this year yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Speaking of Ice Rink does anyone know if they've done their recruitment for this year yet?
    They usually do in around this time I think, not sure. Why not go into the Holloween shop and ask? :3

Advertisement