Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know what's going into Jack and Jones on Bedford Row?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Poundland is opening in november, no idea where but jobs advertised online.

New halloween shop open beside blacktie o'connell st.

New small shop open opposite sarsfield st empty dunnes. The river bank. Looks like gift shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

New barber should be opening soon-ish at the Greenpark centre near Punches cross in the unit where the hairdresser used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There is a very large shared services center looking to set up in the Limerick/Shannon region. Could possibly be linked to the leader story last week. A fella at work with me got a call from a recruiter about it. Very initial stages though and I think they are only sussing the region out and seeing what level of staff would be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Poundland is opening in november, no idea where but jobs advertised online.

New halloween shop open beside blacktie o'connell st.

New small shop open opposite sarsfield st empty dunnes. The river bank. Looks like gift shop.

River Bank is an art gallery

• Advertisement

Anyone know what's going into Jack and Jones on Bedford Row?

McGoverns menswear are moving in to that unit.

Please god, don't let it be their pure discount shop. :mad:
    It appears to have closed on Discount William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Anyone see the Renault flags on the Dock Road at Riverside Retail Park? Loads of brand new Renault Meganes all parked up too...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cul-2008 wrote: »
    Anyone see the Renault flags on the Dock Road at Riverside Retail Park? Loads of brand new Renault Meganes all parked up too...

Maybe yer man in Castlepark is getting them.

Considering Leonard Motors had the Renault marque taken from them quite a while ago for being, amongst other things, a crap dealer.

Castlepark has Peugeot so why not give him the other French marque. Frankly Motorzone has enough on their plate with all their marques.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

On a personal level, I have bought cars from Leonard's garages in the past and found them to be excellent, I know a few people who wouldn't go anywhere else. I also heard that they didn't have the Renault marquee taken off them, they weren't willing to put in the investment that Renault were insisting on which would have impacted their overall business.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Heard Dennehy's got renault dealership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ABEasy wrote: »
    Heard Dennehy's got renault dealership.

I always thought Dennehys and Castlepark were one in the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭phog

Clareman wrote: »
    On a personal level, I have bought cars from Leonard's garages in the past and found them to be excellent, I know a few people who wouldn't go anywhere else. I also heard that they didn't have the Renault marquee taken off them, they weren't willing to put in the investment that Renault were insisting on which would have impacted their overall business.

That's true and looking at the downturn in the economy it was probably a wise move by Leonards. Lots of lovely new showrooms and no cars being sold right around the country. During the year, I was changing my car and did the rounds of the car sales in the Midwest, this was during the scrappage scheme and there was no one around.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I always thought Dennehys and Castlepark were one in the same.

Castlepark and Truck Car sales are the same but Dennehys are seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 51,167 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Franchised dealerships were forced to upgrade their premises to glass palace showrooms we see today under new EU regulations, it was not the manufacturer's decision to force them. Those who didn't comply no longer held the franchise. Same thing happened to John Moloney a few years ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭moby2101

Dennehy Commercials own riverpark business park and have started a new company Dennehy Motors(seperate to their existing Companies) which will be a dealer Principal..Renault Ireland Dublin and Dennehy Motors are now the ONLY main suppliers in Ireland.
    Huge coup for the Dennehy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭phog

bazz26 wrote: »
    Franchised dealerships were forced to upgrade their premises to glass palace showrooms we see today under new EU regulations, it was not the manufacturer's decision to force them. Those who didn't comply no longer held the franchise. Same thing happened to John Moloney a few years ago too.

Why would the EU bring in a regulation to insist that main dealers must upgrade to those gastly glass fronts? The world is gone mad. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

A new restaurant Marco Polo opened where Luigi Malone's use to be, Limerick people sure like to eat, we have more restaurants/cafes/fastfood places per capita than any where in the world at this stage I'm sure.

phog wrote: »
    Why would the EU bring in a regulation to insist that main dealers must upgrade to those gastly glass fronts? The world is gone mad. :eek:

Some of the standards they set were to deal with disability, so wheelchair users could comfortably move between cars in a showroom which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,167 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

phog wrote: »

Because they can. Remember these are the same bureaucrats who instisted that bananas had to be certain shape.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know if the EU said they have to be all glass, I think that's more a design decision, I thought that the main regulation that was put in was that you could only have 1 manufacturer of car in each showroom.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

McDaids/Cuckoo box is opening up as Whelans bar,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    McDaids/Cuckoo box is opening up as Whelans bar,

Any idea when they'll be opening? I've seen the signs on the doors/windows a few times. It feels like ages since they said they were looking for staff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

All ive heard is it Greg Ryan the singer and 2 brothers who are club promoters opening it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

bigpink wrote: »
    All ive heard is it Greg Ryan the singer and 2 brothers who are club promoters opening it

Cant do much worse than his attempt at re-opening the Mucky Duck

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

A new restaurant Marco Polo opened where Luigi Malone's use to be, Limerick people sure like to eat, we have more restaurants/cafes/fastfood places per capita than any where in the world at this stage I'm sure.

Passed this last week and had a peek inside, the interior was stunning! Hope the food is as good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭black & white

Clareman wrote: »

Correct, was told the same by a senior employee at Leonards. Renault wanted them to build a new glass palace outside the city or else they would lose the franchise.

moby2101 wrote: »
    Dennehy Commercials own riverpark business park and have started a new company Dennehy Motors(seperate to their existing Companies) which will be a dealer Principal..Renault Ireland Dublin and Dennehy Motors are now the ONLY main suppliers in Ireland.
    Huge coup for the Dennehy lads.

Yep and they are a name that has plenty of experience with motor franchises over the years outside of Limerick. Have nothing but good to say about any of my dealings with the Dennehy family in the past with regards to long term leasing of some of their properties (Both Cork and Limerick) for retail purposes, and reckon they will do a damn good job with this franchise. They have a very good track record of getting the right people for roles and I expect that trend to continue with their newest franchise.

Promod and Skechers now open in the Crescent SC.

Goodfellas barber is close to being ready to open at the Greenpark centre near Punches Cross. Best of luck to David and co who will be running that particular unit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Kess73 wrote: »
    Goodfellas barber is close to being ready to open at the Greenpark centre near Punches Cross. Best of luck to David and co who will be running that particular unit.

Is this the same guys that are in foxes bow? If so, is that closing or are they expanding?

Advertisement