Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Erper wrote: »
    I saw it but it doesnt say what kind of company, name, etc

Just sub to the thread a good few poster will post about any jobs they know of. It's a great little thread.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

h3000 wrote: »
    There is a new take away/diner on High street where that adult shop once was. Harley rock cafe I think it's called.

Very odd spot for a cafe, altho the guy that owns the building and his past dealings makes me think twice about this one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

There is a new bus service launched this week by Kelly Travel called www.PlazaExpress.ie

They are a Limerick company and I have used the service this week myself, more details at
    Commuting & Transport Thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056449128

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

Seems to be only one departure daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

bigpink wrote: »
    h3000 wrote: »
    There is a new take away/diner on High street where that adult shop once was. Harley rock cafe I think it's called.

Very odd spot for a cafe, altho the guy that owns the building and his past dealings makes me think twice about this one

Great spot once the grub is good. Area is packed on Saturdays and then the clubs and pubs in the evening.

Edit: I just passed the place and there's a good few in there. Sure wasn't the wild onion one of the busiest cafe/restaurants in the city and it was only a few doors up high street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

They're also running a free shuttle between the University and the Parkway on Monday, was on the phone to them there and they said it goes every 30 mins or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

CiaranMT wrote: »
    They're also running a free shuttle between the University and the Parkway on Monday, was on the phone to them there and they said it goes every 30 mins or so.

Wow, thats cool. Must keep that in mind. Nothing about it on www.KellyTravel.ie

The Plaza Express is only once per day but if the time suits it is the best option around imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Yeah I spotted it on the side of their Plaza bus and thought I may as well find out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

I see a coffee shop is opening in what was Kiely's bar in Thomond Pk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

phog wrote: »

Opened softly 2 weeks ago. Best of luck to them. Awful location outside of tour bus season.

Speaking of business:

As per Limerick Post legal announcements this week:

Quiltys Thomond Gate
    Bank Bar O'Connell Street

both have Circuit Court sittings 6th March looking for liquor licenses to open them back up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Opened softly 2 weeks ago. Best of luck to them. Awful location outside of tour bus season.

Speaking of business:

Quiltys Thomond Gate

both have Circuit Court sittings 6th March looking for liquor licenses to open them back up. :)

I saw those two and was wondering if they re-opening or if the liscences just have to be renewed as matter of formality. and re the coffee shop, they have the same supplier as us which means good coffee but I also don't think the location is the best. Takes more than a few match days to keep afloat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Birdie086 wrote: »

Speaking of business:

Quiltys Thomond Gate

I saw those two and was wondering if they re-opening or if the liscences just have to be renewed as matter of formality. and re the coffee shop, they have the same supplier as us which means good coffee but I also don't think the location is the best. Takes more than a few match days to keep afloat.

Quilty's has been closed for a while now, Mike Dolan was/is the owner but he seems to be finished with the place as regards running it himself (or Dave Moore running it as it was). Heard the people behind Mollys looking to re-open it. Whoever opens it needs to capitalise on its location to Thomond Park and turn it into a proper rugby/sports bar. On match day that place should be packed.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Quilty's has been closed for a while now, Mike Dolan was/is the owner but he seems to be finished with the place as regards running it himself (or Dave Moore running it as it was). Heard the people behind Mollys looking to re-open it. Whoever opens it needs to capitalise on its location to Thomond Park and turn it into a proper rugby/sports bar. On match day that place should be packed.

Heard that rumour myself but then again middle of last year a local politician was rumoured to be opening it so I don't know how reliable rumours can be.

Heard that rumour myself but then again middle of last year a local politician was rumoured to be opening it so I don't know how reliable rumours can be.

All talk when it comes to that fellow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

source wrote: »
    Great spot once the grub is good. Area is packed on Saturdays and then the clubs and pubs in the evening.

Edit: I just passed the place and there's a good few in there. Sure wasn't the wild onion one of the busiest cafe/restaurants in the city and it was only a few doors up high street.

True bout the Onion but it hadf character and good food and a rep
    The food and pricing will have to be worth it
    I still think its a strange location do some googling on who owns sex shop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

bigpink wrote: »
    source wrote: »

True bout the Onion but it hadf character and good food and a rep
    The food and pricing will have to be worth it
    I still think its a strange location do some googling on who owns sex shop

Don't get me wrong, what's gone in there looks crap, but the location is fantastic for a cafe/diner/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Where abouts is Kiely's bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

timbertime wrote: »
    Where abouts is Kiely's bar?

straight across from the treaty stone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I see a coffee shop is opening in what was Kiely's bar in Thomondgate.
    They've a Facebook page - Jack Mondays coffee house
    Also FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

New little coffee dock open in Foxes Bow, tiny little place, just takeaways

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

Their rip-off of the Harley Davidson logo/name/brand is downright cringeworthy if not outright illegal.

every time I see it , it reminds me of a copy/rip-off of a McDonalds I saw in a third world country. Still, if the product / price is right ...

Sera wrote: »
    They've a Facebook page - Jack Mondays coffee house
    Also FYP

Never noticed it :( and now I cant edit my post, no idea why not :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

FYI, you can only edit your posts for 48 hours. It's been that way for a few years now, I think.

FYI, you can only edit your posts for 48 hours. It's been that way for a few years now, I think.

I must never have made a mistake before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭black & white

There's an application for change of use for the old Solo shop on Ellen street from retail to bistro/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's a new crepe restaurant going in there the Wild Onion was on High St.

Passed it today and they were fitting it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    There's a new crepe restaurant going in there the Wild Onion was on High St.

Passed it today and they were fitting it out :)

Meh, not the same.

I don't think there is enough restaurants in Limerick...:pac:

Frank Hogan is opening one of his Marques in the O'Mara Motors Building on the Ballysimon Road. He is hiring for staff right now on jobs.ie

Brian Geary is opening his Toyota dealership in the former Tom Kilroy building in Raheen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It will probably be VW if I had to guess - you know more BB?

Advertisement