Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is this the same guys that are in foxes bow? If so, is that closing or are they expanding?

Expanding. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

Diesel is opening in the crescent in the unit across from tesco that used to be a restaurant according to the cresent facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Art + hobby shop opening in old birthdays accross rd from BT.

Also xmas kids clothes shop opening in arthur key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Diesel is opening in the crescent in the unit across from tesco that used to be a restaurant according to the cresent facebook page

Is that the real Diesel or the Diesel that is open in Bedford Row?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

source wrote: »
    Is that the real Diesel or the Diesel that is open in Bedford Row?

what do you mean real are they not real ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Craigels wrote: »
    what do you mean real are they not real ?

There's a fancy Diesel brand that we see ads for on TV, their stuff is sold in BT. Then there is the other Diesel shop in Bedford Row which isn't the same stuff, despite a very similar name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

So bedford row is washed diesel? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭pigtown

New womens clothes shop opening on Wednesday in old JRs shop on Thomas St. McGoverns opening new menswear shop in old Jack & Jones on Bedford Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

New Barber Shop opened on Mulgrave Street right next to the old Esso filling station site. Cannot remember the name as I was driving by at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    New Barber Shop opened on Mulgrave Street right next to the old Esso filling station site. Cannot remember the name as I was driving by at the time.

Yep that was on here a few pages back. It €15 a cut. Bit rich for these days really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Just to say I popped into Allens yesterday - some really nice stuff, especially if you are into cooking or baking. It was really busy too - delighted to see it, fair play to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Technically not in Limerick but a new tattoo studio opened out in Shannon called Freedom Ink

Looks like a furniture and flooring place is going into the old Smyths toy store on Henry Street.

(1) Golden Chicken (chipper, kekab etc) is opening up just passed the Hong Kong on William Street. With roadworks and driving I couldn't figure out what was in there before.

(2)Something is happening in the Kwik E Mart as well. Tradesmen putting up panels and the like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Beer Baron wrote: »
    (2)Something is happening in the Kwik E Mart as well. Tradesmen putting up panels and the like.

Read somewhere last week that this is Dealz, the Irish arm of Poundland from the UK.

Edit. A quick google later.... http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/limerick_shoppers_to_get_great_dealz_1_3227474

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Read somewhere last week that this is Dealz, the Irish arm of Poundland from the UK.

Edit. A quick google later.... http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/limerick_shoppers_to_get_great_dealz_1_3227474

www.dealz.ie lots of bargains :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

So yet another €-shop for Cheap Street, facelift is great and all, but discount/charity shops are discouraging but I suppose it's better than nothing.

So yet another €-shop for Cheap Street, facelift is great and all, but discount/charity shops are discouraging but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Surely its not another but a replacement of one and going by their website this is more than just somebody chancing their arm with cheap tat. This appears to be a proper well run company. Could be here for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Dealz are the european branch of Poundland who are a massive company in the UK, they sell brand name products so no not cheap tat.

Surely its not another but a replacement of one and going by their website this is more than just somebody chancing their arm with cheap tat. This appears to be a proper well run company. Could be here for a while.

Hopefully, as we've had Mary's of Limerick/€2 shop/Kwik e mart all in that space in the last handful of years. It would be nice to see something last there.

• Advertisement

Hopefully, as we've had Mary's of Limerick/€2 shop/Kwik e mart all in that space in the last handful of years. It would be nice to see something last there.

The Place is massive if you remember the days of Newsoms. Limerick original answer to Woodies/B&Q etc.

I loved Newsoms, you could get anything there, actually you're right, there is that space out back that Newsoms had the garden centre in that hasn't been used since then.
    Mary's had used the space down stairs but it seemed a lot scarier than in the Newsoms days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I loved Newsoms, you could get anything there, actually you're right, there is that space out back that Newsoms had the garden centre in that hasn't been used since then.
    Mary's had used the space down stairs but it seemed a lot scarier than in the Newsoms days.

Yes it has.

It's been used to kick me out of Flannerys

Also they used to let people park in the back yard years upon years ago for 50p an hour. :eek: They were only about 10 spaces mind you but then again during the 80's there were much less cars.

It's bringing back memories of Spaights which had an upper level car park. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Also they used to let people park in the back yard years upon years ago for 50p an hour. :eek: They were only about 10 spaces mind you but then again during the 80's there were much less cars.

That was going right until a few years before Newsom's closed too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mary's of Limerick and Newsoms weren't in the same unit.

Mary's of Limerick was where €uro2 is now!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

kilburn wrote: »
    Dealz are the european branch of Poundland who are a massive company in the UK, they sell brand name products so no not cheap tat.

Opening the 8th of December.

It's going to provide 50+ jobs for Limerick, so I find this very encouraging :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sorry i meant to say the Cuckoo box is being opened as Whelans by 2 club promoters and Greg Ryan the singer and Barry Homles Mr Ireland or one of them titles are opening the Corner flag thats what i heard

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Sorry i meant to say the Cuckoo box is being opened as Whelans by 2 club promoters and Greg Ryan the singer and Barry Homles Mr Ireland or one of them titles are opening the Corner flag thats what i heard

Saw the frontage being painted today, so it must be close to opening now

Advertisement