Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're all doomed! NASA "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

squod wrote: »
    Don't think that's it tbh.

Could be this though:
    "NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory has observed an unusual galaxy cluster that contains a bright core of relatively cool gas surrounding a quasar called 3C 186. This is the most distant such object yet observed, and could provide insight into the triggering of quasars and the growth of galaxy clusters. What makes this particular galaxy cluster and its strong cooling core interesting is its age. 3C 186 is about 8 billion light years away from Earth, making it the most distant known galaxy cluster to contain a prominent cooling core."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

OisinT wrote: »

Could be this though:
    "NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory has observed an unusual galaxy cluster that contains a bright core of relatively cool gas surrounding a quasar called 3C 186. This is the most distant such object yet observed, and could provide insight into the triggering of quasars and the growth of galaxy clusters. What makes this particular galaxy cluster and its strong cooling core interesting is its age. 3C 186 is about 8 billion light years away from Earth, making it the most distant known galaxy cluster to contain a prominent cooling core."

Sooo...are we doomed or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The Good News: The economic collapse is an elaborate hoax. Trillions of ordinary peoples money was not squandered.
    The Bad News: it was instead syphoned into a super secret NASA project to build a fancy rocket to blow up a huge asteroid that's on collision course with Earth.
    The Very Bad News: those nerds blew it all on coke and Battlestar Galactica box sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

lol^:D

Could be this though:

''....in our cosmic neighbourhood'' I'm thinking that at least means 'near' here.

squod wrote: »
    ''....in our cosmic neighbourhood'' I'm thinking that at least means 'near' here.
    Yeah, that pretty much leaves a black hole wandering in our galaxy. That or that structure they found on the moon.

Yeah, that pretty much leaves a black hole wandering in our galaxy. That or that structure they found on the moon.

Hmmmm. Moon structure, d'you reckon those Chinese found anything with their cheng E2 yokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

It might be made of Gold. Let it hit and obliterate Kilkenny and lets reap the benefits!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Hercolubus.

:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

It just shows how conditioned we are to associate crap with economic circumstances-
    I read the thread title as "We're all doomed! NAMA....".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

another Chinese lantern?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Profiler wrote: »
    Looks like we all donald ducked

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conferenc

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.

I for one welcome our new Ant Overlords...

While we wait for them to arrive I would like to know if it is too early to start looting :confused:
    Well it's about time the world ended. I'm tired and hungover, goodnight everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

muletide wrote: »
    Can't be too bad if they are waiting till Monday to hold the press conference

Really?

"There is a big f**k off asteroid going to hit the earth in, ooh, about an hour. We didn't want to cause a panic, because we is all f**ked and we were afraid it might negatively affect our carbon footprint.

Have a nice hour,
    NASA"

farna_boy wrote: »
    Really?

"There is a big f**k off asteroid going to hit the earth in, ooh, about an hour. We didn't want to cause a panic, because we is all f**ked and we were afraid it might negatively affect our carbon footprint.

Have a nice hour,
    NASA"
    Not even close since Chandra is an x-ray telescope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

wellboy76 wrote: »
    It might be made of Gold. Let it hit and obliterate Kilkenny and lets reap the benefits!!!! :D

Considering the state of Waterford at the moment, I'd say that would be a better outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

NASA can ''shove it up their ass and set fire to it.''

Sick of those twats and their 'announcements'.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I am so sick of these "end of the world" comments from nobody scientists looking for attention on the internet. Idiots. And there is always the nervous, low-intellect, sheep out there to scare. The types that store bottled water when a terrorist alert is issued in the USA - even though they live in Wexford.

To hell with them, or at least Swansea on friday night, that will teach them manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

NASA can ''shove it up their ass and set fire to it.''

Sick of those twats and their 'announcements'.

captain-james-t-kirk-awesome11.jpg

It's death Jim, but not as we know it....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

This is just to distract us from the economic mess we are in...

Nah, I reckon invading Iran will do that, and it will give Barry Soetoro / Obama a nice ratings boost too.

The Vatican has scheduled a worldwide press conference for Tuesday now.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I hope it's in response to whatever NASA is announcing on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

mikom wrote: »
    Mary Harneys hole.

So is it a black hole, or a brown star?

Sorry

The Vatican has scheduled a worldwide press conference for Tuesday now.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I hope it's in response to whatever NASA is announcing on Monday :)

I heard about the vatican one too. Has it been announced from their site?

I spoze I should check myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I'm getting worried now

wellboy76 wrote: »
    I'm getting worried now

Youd be right too, what with the stargate at the gulf Of Adan in Yemen opening up...LOL:D:D:D over 10 earthquakes already...:D

Cant find an official Vatican link for Press Conf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Allah be praised, we gratefully sacrifice ourselves to the impending doom and may all our enemies go with us.

Advertisement