Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misfits Season 3 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My heart just skipped a beat after realizing it's on tomorrow yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Are you American/Canadian? AHA! Finally, the tables have turned.

Nope just don't have access to it on the telly so gotta wait for it to be uploaded online :D
    Frisbee wrote: »
    It usually goes up on 4od at 11 tonight.

SCORE. News has made me mighty happy. Thanking you!
    Here's a few screencaps of what was seen in Curtis' eye when he travelled forward in time.
    I think I heard that a season 3 is definately in store too!

In that second one the man beside Kelly is the tattoo artist Nathan takes the piss out off. His power seems to be able to inflict the pain of the tattoo needle on folks from Nathan's flinching! :D

Read somewhere too that they have gotten the go ahead for a third season thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

The fuuck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Its Simon
    So I was wrong about the colour, or will I have had been?

"We could cuddle"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭afatbollix

He was deffo black last week!!! Shape shifter?

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    In that second one the man beside Kelly is the tattoo artist Nathan takes the piss out off. His power seems to be able to inflict the pain of the tattoo needle on folks from Nathan's flinching! :D
    Thats so gay.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

afatbollix wrote: »
    He was deffo black last week!!! Shape shifter?

I'm fairly certain the hand we saw last week was white,just bad lighting made it seem darker.

tvnutz wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain the hand we saw last week was white,just bad lighting made it seem darker.
    Perfect lighting on the balcony, defo dark. And I think the height varies.
    I think they all come back - hence the clocks for each of them
    Love the tattoo, and the tattooist, What a clever power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

wil wrote: »
    Perfect lighting on the balcony, defo dark. And I think the height varies.
    I think they all come back - hence the clocks for each of them
    Love the tattoo, and the tattooist, What a clever power

Someone posted a screencap a few pages ago,close up of the hand really just looks like a dark shadow to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Robert Sheehan has a comic timing that makes every witty line out of his mouth 10 times funnier:

"It's hard when you're so cute, and I'm so horny and there's only a few layers of cotton separating our genitals!"

:D

Not sure how I feel about "future Simon" yet.

• Advertisement

Thats just nuts :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

:eek:.....:eek:......:eek: wtf!

Well now that's over with,can't fricking believe it's simon! And how much hotter he is being all masterful :D. So so funny with gay nathan and he may want to tone down the hyperness in other areas...:p. Now is simon telling the truth,are they together in the future or is he manipulating her? I think it is him,not a shapeshifter...What's going on with the new girl? What's going on with the new guy? I think the storm was created on purpose and he's there to find out how it affected them. Looks like the screenshot with nathan bloodied and running is going to be in the next episode..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

On the one hand, everything involving Nathan in that episode was fantastic.

On the other hand, Simon's been turned into a cross between Hiro Nakamura and the husband in The Time Traveller's Wife. It felt like everything involving Simon in that episode was bad fanfic written by a teenager who's watched Heroes and Doctor Who, but doesn't realise that those shows in turn have been drawing on other material like the Chris Claremont X-Men comics (and the 90s cartoon which it inspired) or The Time Traveller's Wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

'All these weeks of build-up ad we're not even gonna shag.'
    As a sad Nathan/Kelly fangirl I'm as disappointed as Nathan.

Did not expect Simon to be Superhoodie I was convinced it was Nathan but then again that's just 'cause Alisha's never used her power on him. Also in the very first episode of the season we saw Superhoodie getting dressed and it showed he was white. There's a few videos on the site where he has black gloves on that, from far away, make it look like he has dark skin tone as well as the shadows last week so it's obvious they were trying to mislead the audience.

The scene with the peanuts in the tattoo parlour had me laughing so much, brilliant.

Anyone catch what Simon said before he left to give the peanuts to them? Couldn't hear it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Fysh wrote: »
    On the one hand, everything involving Nathan in that episode was fantastic.

On the other hand, Simon's been turned into a cross between Hiro Nakamura and the husband in The Time Traveller's Wife. It felt like everything involving Simon in that episode was bad fanfic written by a teenager who's watched Heroes and Doctor Who, but doesn't realise that those shows in turn have been drawing on other material like the Chris Claremont X-Men comics (and the 90s cartoon which it inspired) or The Time Traveller's Wife.

I really don't see the comparison? Hiro could go backwards and forwards in time and the guy in time travellers wife was hurled through time as a result of a genetic fault. Simon has chosen to come back from the future,he prob didn't come back by himself so he can't jump around in the time/space continuem. Dr who is an alien with a tardis (time and relative dimensions in space) so he has to use a machine,plus he's over 900 years old. Simon has the clocks up as he knows when something vital that he is needed for is coming up (like giving them the peanuts). Can't comment on x men as i've only watched the movies and a few of the cartoons and didn't see any time travel in them.

angelll wrote: »
    I really don't see the comparison? Hiro could go backwards and forwards in time and the guy in time travellers wife was hurled through time as a result of a genetic fault. Simon has chosen to come back from the future,he prob didn't come back by himself so he can't jump around in the time/space continuem. Dr who is an alien with a tardis (time and relative dimensions in space) so he has to use a machine,plus he's over 900 years old. Simon has the clocks up as he knows when something vital that he is needed for is coming up (like giving them the peanuts). Can't comment on x men as i've only watched the movies and a few of the cartoons and didn't see any time travel in them.

I think the Hiro comparison was more about the fact that both characters were a lot more suave and good looking in the future and the time traveller's wife comparison was in relation to the love story. The rest of the post I think is just saying it feels like fanfiction written by someone who thinks Heroes and Doctor Who invented the whole time travel love story thing, not the actual time travel methods.

I agree the storyline isn't original but then again with so many stories out there, nothing really is these days. Were some dodgy moments with dialogue but I still think it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. I find Simon/Alisha way more interesting than Curtis/Alisha anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

There's still the possibility that Future Simon isn't really Simon at all. When Curtis goes to relive the past there aren't two Curtises.

Also, has anybody got any theories as to why Simon can touch Alisha? Do the superpowers wear off after a certain amount of time? Does he become 'immune' to it? Does true love conquer all and override the power?

Either way....
    Simon: I totally would!

RibenaHead wrote: »
    There's still the possibility that Future Simon isn't really Simon at all. When Curtis goes to relive the past there aren't two Curtises.

Yeah but I've noticed in interviews etc. they always refer to Curtises power as being able to rewind time where as Simon said he travelled in time so I'm guessing that what Simon did is different somehow.
    Either way....
    Simon: I totally would!
    Prefer Nathan myself...

]"Maybe its coz he knew I missed lunch"

Just had 2 thoughts, not simultaneously of course:D
    Nathans reversed power began just before the explosion, he looked like death warmed up, hence rather than immortal, actually living dead. So got his 6th sense.

Curtis flash forward showed him as a superhero, so its not just Simon.
    Or maybe they all take turns to see who can get whatever it is right, a bit groundhog.

Will we see return of tattooist. Apart from miss shapeshifter looking for personal revenge, he looks to be first looking for evil.
    According to wikipedia there is likely to be a third series, and a hour long special at Xmas. Some suggestion of others "from friends to stepdads" discovering powers, read on....

Link to interview with writer Howard Overman explaining "all"

And leaving the last words to Nathan

"I just realised I havent died this week"

He knows he is in a weekly series?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Yeah but I've noticed in interviews etc. they always refer to Curtises power as being able to rewind time where as Simon said he travelled in time so I'm guessing that what Simon did is different somehow.

oh yeah, that makes perfect sense! Didn't think of it like that!
    The new community service worker coming in next week has teleportation as his superpower.
    Should be interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

oh yeah, that makes perfect sense! Didn't think of it like that!
    The new community service worker coming in next week has teleportation as his superpower.
    Should be interesting!
    That post should be spoilered tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

]"Maybe its coz he knew I missed lunch"

Just had 2 thoughts, not simultaneously of course:D
    Nathans reversed power began just before the explosion, he looked like death warmed up, hence rather than immortal, actually living dead. So got his 6th sense.

Curtis flash forward showed him as a superhero, so its not just Simon.
    Or maybe they all take turns to see who can get whatever it is right, a bit groundhog.

Will we see return of tattooist. Apart from miss shapeshifter looking for personal revenge, he looks to be first looking for evil.
    According to wikipedia there is likely to be a third series, and a hour long special at Xmas. Some suggestion of others "from friends to stepdads" discovering powers, read on....

Link to interview with writer Howard Overman explaining "all"

And leaving the last words to Nathan

"I just realised I havent died this week"

He knows he is in a weekly series?:D
    IMO you didn't have to spoiler your post :P

Maybe it's just me, but I have no problem with speculation about previous episodes that have aired, and ideas, thoughts, general ramblings.

The only thing I think should be spoilered is the stuff that hasn't been shown on tv yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I fancied Simon before everyone else did, like last season. :cool:

Eeeeveryone fancies him now he's so hot and sexy cos he's from the future and he can touch Elisha... wah wah wah. I thought he was hot when he was weird and awkward and cut the crusts off his sandwiches. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

lol, it must be true love so. :D

lol, it must be true love so. :D

I mean, I'm not saying I didn't want to ride him sideways when there was all that topless action going on, but I like him when he's awkward and stuff as well!

Just realised the new girl Nikki is our own Ruth Negga.

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi1852112921/

Robert Sheehan is from Portlaois and due in a new film next year called Killing Bono.
    Insert funny comment here, I'm too tired but its calling out for one.
    He is one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I like the way that even super-suave Future-Simon still manages to accidentally make himself look he's sniffing Alisha's knickers. Which suggests to me that he might really be the real Simon after all, even if he does seem notably less ethical than his present day counterpart:

Last week, they made a point of taking a moment to demonstrate that Present Day Simon wouldn't even consider abusing his power just to attract a girl - whereas Future Simon seems to have no problem at all with using what he knows* to sex up Alisha six ways to Sunday? Seems like a curious change of heart for him to make in the interim.

*About the future, I mean. Ahem.

I fancied Simon before everyone else did, like last season. :cool:

Eeeeveryone fancies him now he's so hot and sexy cos he's from the future and he can touch Elisha... wah wah wah. I thought he was hot when he was weird and awkward and cut the crusts off his sandwiches. :o
    Nah. He and his twin Barry are taking turns to pull the "I'm me from the future and we've hooked up already so its ok to do it" ruse to get Alisha. Oldest trick in the book. Works every time. (if you have a buff identical twin
    or can time travel
    ). :D

I like the way that even super-suave Future-Simon still manages to accidentally make himself look he's sniffing Alisha's knickers. Which suggests to me that he might really be the real Simon after all, even if he does seem notably less ethical than his present day counterpart.

By ethical, do you mean the fact that he's riding Elisha despite the fact that she's with Curtis? Because I considered that, but I don't think present day Simon is really all that close to Curtis. He seems to concentrate his efforts to make friends on Kelly and Nathan, so if by ethical you mean he's riding Elisha despite the fact that she's with Curtis, I don't think present or future Simon cares. But that's just referring to this series so far.

If you refer to the time travel issue i.e. revealing himself and revealing the reason that he travelled back, clearly the boy never watched Charmed, where it was drilled into you that you NEVER reveal yourself when you travel back in time. EVER. It changes EVERYTHING. (Which I get is the whole point of him coming back, still ARGH. There are cosmic repercussions for this kind of thing.)

/time travel rant.:o

• Advertisement

Nah. He and his twin Barry are taking turns to pull the "I'm me from the future and we've hooked up already so its ok to do it" ruse to get Alisha. Oldest trick in the book. Works every time. :D

Someone pulled that on me in Coppers last week. Scarlet seeing it on E4 of all places. :cool:

Advertisement