Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misfits Season 3 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Something I just wondered: At what point did Lucy start impersonating Kelly? Before or after Kelly told Nathan they'd have sex that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think before, Kelly seemed to have absolutely no idea what Nathan was on about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Monotype wrote: »
    I thought that they were count down to major events. The very first thing was a clock countdown and the even to fly the airplane was immediately afterwards.

The person could have been given the power of omniscience or near it, can see how the world works and how to push it in certain directions - hence needing all players alive for some possible event in the future?

Oooooh.

I like your brain :D

Something I just wondered: At what point did Lucy start impersonating Kelly? Before or after Kelly told Nathan they'd have sex that night?

Definitely before.

Makes sense, ta.

I hope they resolve the Superhoody thing soon enough, tbh, I think it would be strained if they tried to carry it much further - I don't think it's any of the characters we've seen already, so I don't have much of a stake in seeing them UnStigged.

Can't remember the last time I was actually waiting for the next episode of anything on actual television. Weird.

Can't remember the last time I was actually waiting for the next episode of anything on actual television. Weird.

Long gone are the days when tv was really awesome and you actually wanted to stay in weekends due to great things being on!

Least we have the odd gems like this show once in a blue moon. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Never watched this before and then started watching season 1 on friday and absolutely love it, Nathan is absolutely brilliant. This is by far my favourite show now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Never watched this before and then started watching season 1 on friday and absolutely love it, Nathan is absolutely brilliant. This is by far my favourite show now!

If your only startin on season 1 you wouldnt want to be on this thread..major spoilage

In for a treat though, all the same. :D

Yous will all get to watch it tonight while I'll have to wait until Friday morning!! :p

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Yous will all get to watch it tonight while I'll have to wait until Friday morning!! :p

Are you American/Canadian? AHA! Finally, the tables have turned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"Oh hey man, cornettos!" - best line in any TV episode so far this season

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

ToniTuddle wrote: »

It usually goes up on 4od at 11 tonight.

Looking forward to tonights episode, seems a decent premise and Super Hoodie looks like he'll feature fairly prominently.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Thought tonight's episode was a bit of a let down after last week's episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

RibenaHead wrote: »
    Thought tonight's episode was a bit of a let down after last week's episode!

I really enjoyed it, though the opposite powers were very interesting, especially barry's where everyone notices him.
    Honestly didnt see the sixth sense moment coming, can kinda guess what was happening in the forwward time travel bit though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

So good, I'm going to watch it again

Perfectly creased toasted sandwiches - brilliant

"We're like the Mitchell brothers, only were not bald ugly or sh1t"

"dont get killed"

"I see dead people"

s2 ep2 wots new

new Jamie - exit stage left

new Lilly - icestarter / firestarter / booo

now Curtis forward timetravelling
    new girl

and best yet "Your'e dead" "Yeah"

VinLieger wrote: »
    especially barry's where everyone notices him.

You mean Simon!! It's gas that Nathan's STILL calling him that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Phew found a thread :) Love this show,i've been watching since the start of series one,forgot to look on here though :D Loved tonights episode,what's going on with ninja guy though...how come he can touch Alisha? Is it just the gloves i wonder...I've a feeling that it's a girl though for some reason. Not sure if it's the girl in the flat & flashforward.The whole kelly/nathan storyline is brilliant,they're so suited. Liked how simon was 'extra visible' as an opposite to invisibility. I wonder if they take pills again will their powers reverse...or did nathans brother get them from ninja guy/girl? Or actually what came to me tonight...could the probation officer know about them...there's just something about him that's not right.I thought for a minute he might be the ninja but i think he's too tall...or is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Misfits just keeps getting better, The new characters and darker setting is interesting, For anyone wondering about the name of the song at the party, Its The Chemical Brothers - Swoon (Boys Noize Remix)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

angelll wrote: »
    Phew found a thread :) Love this show,i've been watching since the start of series one,forgot to look on here though :D Loved tonights episode,what's going on with ninja guy though...how come he can touch Alisha? Is it just the gloves i wonder...I've a feeling that it's a girl though for some reason. Not sure if it's the girl in the flat & flashforward.The whole kelly/nathan storyline is brilliant,they're so suited. Liked how simon was 'extra visible' as an opposite to invisibility. I wonder if they take pills again will their powers reverse...or did nathans brother get them from ninja guy/girl? Or actually what came to me tonight...could the probation officer know about them...there's just something about him that's not right.I thought for a minute he might be the ninja but i think he's too tall...or is he?
    Agree it was every bit as good as last week. Plenty to speculate. Kind of doubt the ninja is the new girl, even though ninja seems to have dark skin like her, not as dark or tall as Curtis, but I'd say she is too short and she was asleep on the sofa when ninja walked through. Wonder will the dead return later?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Loved that. Have to watch it again though as people kept distracting me when I was trying to watch it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

I'm just throwing this one out here for Superhoodie's power, but what if it was something to do with alerting probabilities?

Being a bit of a comic fan (re. geek and loser according to my other half) there have been a few characters that have this ability. it lets them do things that appear superhuman but are because they can alter the probability of success so much that they make it happen.

Like all that parkour stuff. Really impressive, but it doesn't require a super power. But if you could work out the probability of success and could alter your chances, then boom you look impressive. I was all for him being a suped up parkour head until the paperplane bit at the start of this season.

But again, you could alter the probability so that the wind was perfect for such a long flight.

Throw in that he knows so much about the Misfits and was there when needed, chances are he knows that they are needed for something coming up but has to keep altering the probability of them not being there to make sure they are.

Would explain the big massive wall clocks a little as well.

Then again I might be way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Wow, this season is really shaping up to be something brilliant.

I like the way that every episode seems to have a story to its self, that usually is wrapped up before the end of the episode. While still having the overlying plot. Noticed this in the first season too.

Also don't know whether it has been posted or not, but has anyone noticed how each of their powers seeming to be based on something that they wanted before the storm? For example, Curtis wanting to be able to go back and change his fate. Alesha wanting people to like her. That baby back in Season One, just wanting a Dad.

Cant wait til next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Also don't know whether it has been posted or not, but has anyone noticed how each of their powers seeming to be based on something that they wanted before the storm? For example, Curtis wanting to be able to go back and change his fate. Alesha wanting people to like her. That baby back in Season One, just wanting a Dad.

I took it more as their personality traits, Nathan is defensive to everybody by using jokes and mocking people so he is invincible to criticism, hence immortality.Kelly is oblivious to her social faux pas, so they make her a mind reader.Simon is shy, therefore invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Quality episode!

Really didn't see the "Sixth Sense" twist coming, and usually can spot them a mile off!

Loved the party scene, really got a feel for it, what it felt like to be off your tits. You can really tell their budget has been upped for this series as well.

At least you can see Curtis and Alisha falling away from each other, you know you've had a relationship like that(or at least know someone that has), they get with each other, its hot, intense, and over quickly.

Going to have to watch it again, but I though that when Superhoodie went in, he was black, but when he rolled over the edge of the balcony, his skin was white again.

Superhoodie isn't the new girl, (who is fine by the way, that classy lady/dirty tramp combo was hot) she was sleeping on the sofa when he passed through the apartment.

Now I'm just trying to make sense of what was seen is Curtis' eyes in the flash back from the flash forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Last night's episode was awesome. Even my Boyfriend who doesn't follow it was interested!

If it's this good all season I really won't want it to end. I'm wondering whether there'll be a third season depending on how this one ends. Hmmm....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Going to have to watch it again, but I though that when Superhoodie went in, he was black, but when he rolled over the edge of the balcony, his skin was white again.

I thought so myself, so rewound it to have a look...

Was watching on 4OD so quality is crap full screen, but it's obvious it's two different hands...

I am confused, far too obvious to be an accident, but I don't see how it fits in with superhoodies power, unless he has the ability to change his/her appearance however he/she wants.

blacktowhite.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I thought so myself, so rewound it to have a look...

Was watching on 4OD so quality is crap full screen, but it's obvious it's two different hands...

I am confused, far too obvious to be an accident, but I don't see how it fits in with superhoodies power, unless he has the ability to change his/her appearance however he/she wants.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/883/blacktowhite.png

That looks like it could just be the lighting that is causing the difference in shade in the second photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

That looks like it could just be the lighting that is causing the difference in shade in the second photo.
    I highly doubt it, his hand looked black when Alisha was taking the video...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

And wasn't there a sound effect as well? Like a rippling? Maybe.

Was Nathans seeing the dead an effect of the pills like everyone elses reveral of powers, or a secondary power coming to light?

• Advertisement

Was Nathans seeing the dead an effect of the pills like everyone elses reveral of powers, or a secondary power coming to light?

It could well be a secondary power. As the others' powers were reversed, I thought he'd be extremely fragile and easy to hurt or something!

Advertisement