Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misfits Season 3 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

RibenaHead wrote: »
    It could well be a secondary power. As the others' powers were reversed, I thought he'd be extremely fragile and easy to hurt or something!
    Thats what I thought, that's why I thought superhoodie tackled him away from the car, because if his power was reversed, it would have been easy for him to die or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Thats what I thought, that's why I thought superhoodie tackled him away from the car, because if his power was reversed, it would have been easy for him to die or something like that.

Exactly my line of thinking... but then, Superhoodie knocked him really hard to the ground so I dismissed it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    RibenaHead wrote: »
    It could well be a secondary power. As the others' powers were reversed, I thought he'd be extremely fragile and easy to hurt or something!

I was thinking of this too, I think it would be great if this was a secondary power it puts a funny twist on things. I'm also wondering when the drugs go out of their systems will their powers still be reversed :rolleyes:

Really enjoying second series Nathan comes out with the best lines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    Kelly is oblivious to her social faux pas, so they make her a mind reader.

I always looked at Kelly's power more as a product of her own self-consciousness. Despite appearances, she's very sensitive about what people think of her, she takes it all to heart. She lashes out when people call her names or make fun of her.

Also makes her the perfect complement to Nathan, since she knows how he really feels despite whatever he says out loud, and he knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭alwayswright

Here's a few screencaps of what was seen in Curtis' eye when he travelled forward in time.

A sign of what's to come in the series maybe...
    I think I heard that a season 3 is definately in store too!:D

• Advertisement

Misfits is such a gloriously well edited show - you can tell it's somewhat a product of love for all those who work on it. I somewhat hope that Nathan's ability to see the dead is now gone and the reverse of his power was that since he cannot die, he sees those who have died already. What did SuperHoodie pull out of their arm? It was either a shard or a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That one where they were hanging stood out when I was watching it.
    Does Alisha's power effect women (although we have seen the reverse work)? Also does it work on Nathan?

Power reversal was interesting. "You're fukin' amazing". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Misfits is such a gloriously well edited show - you can tell it's somewhat a product of love for all those who work on it. I somewhat hope that Nathan's ability to see the dead is now gone and the reverse of his power was that since he cannot die, he sees those who have died already. What did SuperHoodie pull out of their arm? It was either a shard or a knife.

I thought it was a shard of glass. They intentionally show a bottle dropping from somewhere and smashing around that area a few minutes earlier.

Also, I thought for a while that Nathan's brother was dead all along, only realised today that they both actually died in the car fire.:o

I thought it was a shard of glass. They intentionally show a bottle dropping from somewhere and smashing around that area a few minutes earlier.

Also, I thought for a while that Nathan's brother was dead all along, only realised today that they both actually died in the car fire.:o

It surprised me that she died. I was expecting her to emerge from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Here's a few screencaps of what was seen in Curtis' eye when he travelled forward in time.

Judging on some spoilers I read it looks like the first three or four are from
    episodes three and four (the second is definitely next episode).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I haven't read any spoilers, don't want to either, but I will speculate on what I see in the screencap. (Thanks by the way.)
    First, we see Ba...Simon being strangled. can't make out if the person there is trying to save him, or doing the strangling.

Second, we see Kelly looking all smug about something, beside a rather nasty looking skinhead. He doesn't look pleasant.

Thirdly I see 4 Misfits and a bride hanging by their wrists. I can see Curtis, far right, and Nathan on the far left. The middle 2 and the Bride, I cannot make out.

Fourth, Nathan running, obviously. Looks like he's taken a bit of a beating, and looks genuinely scared. Is he running away from the second Misfit behind him? Does that look like either Alisha or the new girl? I reckon the new girl, with the shape of her hair.

Fifth, some bloke pointing a gun. Who is he? At first I thought it was the new probation worker, but its not. Who is pointing the gun at? I'm going to guess its Nathan, as he's the type to get guns pointed at him. EDIT: Just noticed as well, the background behind him looks very similar to that of the one with Nathan running. Is he what Nathan is running from?

Finally, unknown bloke getting out of/into a car with a number of Misfits coming towards him, with the one on the left wheeling a cart? Yet another body? What type of car is it? RX7 maybe, the funny shape of the rear lights.

Shard of glass. Was Superhoodie at the party? Was his powers reversed as well? He took that dive pretty off balance, and ended up hurt. Now compare that to the previous times we've seen him. Always balanced and precise. and didn't seem to get hurt. Even going over the balcony at the end was an effort. More of a fall than a free running precise jump. There would be little to no chance of landing a fall like that.

Again, this is just pure speculation, I don't mean to put anyone off or spoiler it.

Fourth, Nathan running, obviously. Looks like he's taken a bit of a beating, and looks genuinely scared.

I don't think that's necessarily his blood, which might be why he looks so panicked. He's invincible - the others aren't. Even though he's "not very good at fighting", he does seem to take his own beatings or deaths in his stride, usually.

I don't think that's necessarily his blood, which might be why he looks so panicked. He's invincible - the others aren't.

This is true, was just throwing out what I saw. Good spot.

(Pedantic, he's immortal, not invincible.)

True. He's not even that though, really, I mean he does "die". What would you call it? Renewable? Like solar power?

True. He's not even that though, really, I mean he does "die". What would you call it? Renewable? Like solar power?

:D No, he's got something real, not imaginary like solar power.

Resistant to death? Immune maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

First, we see Ba...Simon being strangled. can't make out if the person there is trying to save him, or doing the strangling.

Ha! That little joke made my night!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Looks like a GTO in the vision to me, just going by the spoiler.
    39755696338_medium.jpg

It's very important, of course.:p

Looks like a GTO in the vision to me, just going by the spoiler.
    39755696338_medium.jpg

It's very important, of course.:p

It seems I have been mistaken. Of course it's important. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

How does Nathan know he's definitely immortal? He might just have 9 lives or something.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

iguana wrote: »
    How does Nathan know he's definitely immortal? He might just have 9 lives or something.

How long was he buried for? He should probably have died several times over from suffocation but then a lot of things don't add up with that scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

How long was he buried for? He should probably have died several times over from suffocation but then a lot of things don't add up with that scenario.

I'm assuming he wasn't buried too long as when they dug him up he complained that he thought he might die in the coffin. So by that reckoning he died when he fell off the roof and again when he was impaled by Simon's stalker.

iguana wrote: »
    I'm assuming he wasn't buried too long as when they dug him up he complained that he thought he might die in the coffin. So by that reckoning he died when he fell off the roof and again when he was impaled by Simon's stalker.

I think it was 2 weeks? Didn't he say when he was talking to the Cold Bitch that he died twice in 2 weeks? The 9 Lifes would be an interesting concept. But I doubt it.

Just watching it again. I think either SuperHoodie is actually number of people, or the show is uncharacteristically sloppy about hiding the fact that they use more than one stunt runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Looking forward to seeing how this season plays out, especially with the glimpses of the future we saw in Curtis' eyes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just watching it again. I think either SuperHoodie is actually number of people, or the show is uncharacteristically sloppy about hiding the fact that they use more than one stunt runner.

I thought it was clear from the promos for next week that each character saw a different version of Superhoodie, but I seem(ed) to have been the only one to interpret it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I thought it was clear from the promos for next week that each character saw a different version of Superhoodie, but I seem(ed) to have been the only one to interpret it that way.

Superhooide I reckon is going to be someone we don't know. I'm thinking whoever it is gets killed before the end of the season, and that glimpse we saw into Curtis' future leads me to possibly believe that he takes up the mantle of superhoodie after the original is killed.

Also, banging music in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I thought Curtis was just in a costume, maybe at a party or something

What kind of self respecting superhoodie wears a cape?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LOL at Nathan crapping on the bed :D

Frisbee wrote: »

Also, banging music in the club.

Really loving the tuneage in this series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Loving it best episode so far , kelly chewing her face off in the club great scene, and "well do you have a horse's head" class :D.

Advertisement