Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misfits Season 3 **Spoilers**

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It won't be that bad. Sliders managed to continue on with Rembrant as the only original cast member. Oh hold on, no, it's going to be terrible.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i gave up on this show after the nazi episode it was going nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Has anyone ever had 5 years community service?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,272 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

To be fair, while series 3 was far from from the worst thing on TV, it doesn't compare well to the previous two series, so a shake-up is definitely needed. At least the production team seem to be trying to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You think Lauren will do a webisode or guest appearance to explain her departure?

Didn't realise she wasn't coming back. That's a shame.

Shocking story though!

http://www.digitalspy.ie/showbiz/s145/misfits/news/a379659/misfits-lauren-socha-sentenced-over-racist-attack-on-taxi-driver.html

Maybe she needs to learn how to de-role :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You think Lauren will do a webisode or guest appearance to explain her departure?

Doubt it. They'll probably just write a few lines of dialouge saying something like, "Oh, Kelly had to move away".

Can't see Channel 4 or the production company wanting her back after this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Didn't realise she wasn't coming back. That's a shame.

Shocking story though!

http://www.digitalspy.ie/showbiz/s145/misfits/news/a379659/misfits-lauren-socha-sentenced-over-racist-attack-on-taxi-driver.html

Maybe she needs to learn how to de-role :D

I can't believe she actually said "Do you know who I am?":D

Talk about screwing up your career in 1 easy lesson.

I will definitely watch the new series. You have to give the new characters a chance. After all it will still be better than 99% of the drama on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'll give it a go but sounds dreary!

After Nathan left it was worth watching for Simon and now that Simon is gone I dunno. First episode will determine whether I keep tuned.

Lauren really messed herself up there. Her brother who stars in Being Human is the spitting image of her and he's doing a great job of that, can't wait till it's back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Jesus Christ! More like Kelly than I thought. I think when you only have one original cast member left (and he's nobody's favourite) then you need to give up. 'Course far too many tv shows I like have outstayed their welcome in recent times so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I might watch the first episode but hopes aren't high.

Season three wasn't the worst thing on tv but it wasn't great. Switching powers was a brilliant chance for a shake up and it was wasted completely. Bar Simon's power which he never used they were all terrible. The fact the powers were never used pretty much showed the writer didn't have much confidence in them either. Simon's evolution into Superhoodie had it's moments but overall it wasn't great. The writer pretty much proved most fans right in their assumptions Nathan was the best hting about the show (I had been optimistic it could work without him and was sorely disappointed).

Although I liked Kelly I don't think her leaving (or was she fired I wonder) makes much difference. It's clear that Overman doesn't know how to right a storyline for her that has nothing to do with romance. Her and Nathan were will they won't they, she shagged a gorilla and then she went out with the dealer. Bar losing her hair (which only led to a moment with Nathan) she's had no storylines not involving men. Alisha's stories mostly involved romance as well except at least her power gave way to that and we got to see her insecurities etc. Which reminds me, there was never an explanation why future Simon can touch past Alisha was there? ****'s sake.

Personally I think the quality of the show and how rapidly it went downhill shows that one person having complete creative control over a show, although it has it's merits, is not the best idea. I'm all for small writing teams but there's one sole writer there's no-one to say when something is downright **** or point out a hole or a flaw they might not have seen. Also there's no-one to just bounce ideas off of or two inject fresh perspective and ideas into something to stop it becoming stale.

I'll be surprised if this gets a season five. Then again Skins which was very inconsistent with quality and has become completely ridiculous and lost most of it's viewers has been commissioned for one more season so I guess anything can happen/

Anyone here see the Misfits webisode called Erazer? I only found out about it during the week and it was released in December. Watched it and it was okay. Only about 13 mins long

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone here see the Misfits webisode called Erazer? I only found out about it during the week and it was released in December. Watched it and it was okay. Only about 13 mins long

Was that the internet one about the graffitti artist?
    I saw it alright. Bit of a random one. I don't think it added anything to the series but was a better 15 minutes than the one I just had studying marketing:D

That's the one. And how could anything be better tha studying marketing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Just finished season 2, loved the whole show thus far.

Big problem for me though was the manner of Nathan's exit, thought it was incredibly rushed, and didn't think yerwan was right for him AT ALL. And then to leave him in prison, I never caught the humor I'm afraid.

I know that a few are leave at the end of S3 also so I'm wondering is it worth my while to keep watching.

My favourite characters are Nathan and Simon, and I have heard what happens to Simon which feels like a very cheap cop-out. I always assumed he would change the fate rather than fulfilling it, and don't think I'll bother with S3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

After Season One, Misfits was patchy at times, but man, the sequence with Alisha looking around the batcave in the aftermath to Paradise Circus is still amazing.

Just finished season 2, loved the whole show thus far.

Big problem for me though was the manner of Nathan's exit, thought it was incredibly rushed, and didn't think yerwan was right for him AT ALL. And then to leave him in prison, I never caught the humor I'm afraid.

I know that a few are leave at the end of S3 also so I'm wondering is it worth my while to keep watching.

My favourite characters are Nathan and Simon, and I have heard what happens to Simon which feels like a very cheap cop-out. I always assumed he would change the fate rather than fulfilling it, and don't think I'll bother with S3 now.

I don't think Nathan (Robert Sheehan) gave the producers much notice so I think his exit was a rush job. Give Rudy a chance in season 3. he is pretty funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

was hoping someone could help me out with something...
    A bit of the end credits sounds almost identical to a score that is often used in Thrillers and Horrors in both TV & film and am trying to figure out what its called or who composed it...
    It's basically the bit from 0:40 to 1:00

Does anyone know what it is?

was hoping someone could help me out with something...
    A bit of the end credits sounds almost identical to a score that is often used in Thrillers and Horrors in both TV & film and am trying to figure out what its called or who composed it...
    It's basically the bit from 0:40 to 1:00

Does anyone know what it is?

When you said it was used in a lot of horrors, I guessed what it was before even listening to the video you supplied. Great tune, assuming it's the one you want

It's In A Heartbeat by John Murphy and can be found on the 28 Days Later soundtrack, which you probably already saw in the video. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

^cheers.
    that's the one I was looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement