Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 9: The Christ-It's-Sunday-And-There's-No-Thread Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

And I took you too literally gnolan!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

19 yard punt ? WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

Thanks lads. Some comeback from the Colts. Thought my Colts +3.0 was gone. Hopefully they keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Old man still has it don't care what anyone says Minnesota's problems are not Favres fault. Perfect 2min drill to tie the game.

AARRGGHHH! The one game where we come out on the right side of an exciting finish I miss due to travel. I only seen the first half. Having looked over the plays and watched a few highlights, that was unreal. 2 TD's given away on special teams, penalty after penalty and somehow Favre pulls it out of the bag. Two plays on 4th down and two 3rd and long conversions in the 4th i believe. Classic! The D also stepped up big time in the 4th quarter and OT after being poor last week and in the 1st half. Percy Harvin really is a legend, to play like that being nowhere near 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Good news re: Collie

It's just a concussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Archimedes wrote: »
    Good news re: Collie

It's just a concussion

The irony of it all is no one but the Colts had any inclination that he'd even be fit to be active this week until Friday. It completely sapped the atmosphere at the game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭tommyboyle

It is pure fact that the eagles will handle the colts. Even with the bad penalty calls, the refs cant give the game away

I may be biased but I thought the hit on Collie was pretty well timed. Last year there would be no flag. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

tommyboyle wrote: »
    I may be biased but I thought the hit on Collie was pretty well timed. Last year there would be no flag. What do you think?

Given the current drive in the league to protect the players (which I agree with in the main), then I think that last year it would have been called a fumble but this year is a hit on a defenceless player. If I was an Eagles fan I would be slightly annoyed, he had possession and was a runner, but as a Redskins fan I agree with the call ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

The one thing I noticed from seeing it was that it seemed Collie dropped his head so its tough for any defender to readjust his body position to avoid a head to head hit. Wouldnt mind checking it on a replay though....might just be the Eagle fan in me!

• Advertisement

Sage Rosenfels in at QB for the Giants, says it all about how that game has gone

Its impossible to adjust when a player drops his head. When I played I got plenty roughed up. Atleast he will be ok. To the redskins fan...How is Donnie Mac working out? Or is Shanahan the problem

The first hit was fine, even the refs thought so. I think the call was for the second guy who came in and couldn't pull away in time and hit Collie Helmet-to-helmet from behind. The first hit did the damage, though, and it just highlights that even fair hits can cause horrible concussions, if not even worse.

The eagles keep piling it on. I love it. Even better is the cowgirls doing aweful. It is worth a questionable call to make the game safer. They are to big now. A six foot 4inch linebacker shouldnt be able to run a 4.2. i.e, Ray Lewis in his prime. Before he was a hard hitting freak but now the league is catching up. Its crazy

The eagles keep piling it on. I love it. Even better is the cowgirls doing aweful. It is worth a questionable call to make the game safer. They are to big now. A six foot 4inch linebacker shouldnt be able to run a 4.2. i.e, Ray Lewis in his prime. Before he was a hard hitting freak but now the league is catching up. Its crazy

The Eagles and the Giants are clealry the best two team in the division, if the Redskins can spoil the party for either of you it'll be a major disapointment for the odd man out!

Vick is almost unbenchable in fantasy if he's starting, not only does he get a good chunk of rushing yards each game, the Eagles tend to play him like a goal line back when they're in the red zone. Glad I started him over Rodgers, becuase he's going to have to have a career day against Dallas (which wouldn't be all the impossible!) to exceed Vick at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The funny thing is Ray Lewis is one of the safest hard hitting linebackers in the league. In fact he is evidence against guys like James Harrison who say that nothing should change. Comparing both players and how they break down into a tackle and you can see the big difference. It has never stopped guys like Lewis and Willis hit hard and make their hits spectacular. Any player who defends leading with the head should be thrown out of the league.

Now having said that the league needs to set up some sort of committee to review every so called bad tackle or head contact tackle and do them on a one to one basis. I.e Pryors hit on Favre was not leading with his head but accidental contact on the way down but Harrisons on Cribbs was 100% leading with the head. This will be the only fair way of drawing a proper line between good and bad hits.

That penalty really saves the Colts, looks kind of soft, makes the game more interesting though

Just gold in the eagles game of old footage of andy Reid at 13. Brilliant. Jesus stupid penalty AGAIN.

I saw a report on espn that was nuts. A pro football player, the name escapes me, stated that during his entire life his equipment was basically the same. They have got to find a kind of safer helmet and a better device to protect the neck. All they have now is some U shaped thing that makes it impossible to move your head. If you notice no skilled player wears one. its always an olineman. When I had one it blew.

Ooh controversial penalty there. Silly by the player though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Tough call on the penalty. Still going to be tough for Colts to win from this position.

Jesus there's some pretty debatable calls in this Eagles match, seemed very harsh

Jesus Christ if we lose this one because of that crap(technically correct) call. He glanced off Peytons helmet, it wasnt a slap FFS.

Exciting finishes in store here.

Can the Raiders get into Seabass territory?

bring on the new york ladies. After we dispatch of the dysfunctional skins it is on. E.A.G.L.E.S.

Raiders equalise it!!!!!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ if we lose this one because of that crap(technically correct) call. He glanced off Peytons helmet, it wasnt a slap FFS.

Oh yeah!! Great win by the Eagles, in a year when the NFC is so poor 5-3 before division play gives us a great chance of a strong season. When Vick is on the field the Eagles are so dangerous on offence with speed at skill every position

Archimedes wrote: »
    Exciting finishes in store here.

Can the Raiders get into Seabass territory?

OT now in the blackhole

I saw a report on espn that was nuts. A pro football player, the name escapes me, stated that during his entire life his equipment was basically the same. They have got to find a kind of safer helmet and a better device to protect the neck. All they have now is some U shaped thing that makes it impossible to move your head. If you notice no skilled player wears one. its always an olineman. When I had one it blew.

It's suc ha strange situation because the helmets themselves have become in some ways the problem themselves. If the helmet isn't solid it completely changes the nature of the game because players will never risk charging in as whole-heartedly as they do now. It's ironic how much the helmets and pads have become so utterly central to the sport, be it the whole big issue at the moment or the fact that without them you'd basically have stop-start rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great throw from Campbell. He might have been lucky with the one that got them to overtime but that was a just a great throw.

Advertisement