Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 9: The Christ-It's-Sunday-And-There's-No-Thread Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Thats true actually, what's Rivers 7 for 7 and 2 TD's?

Great play by Cleveland against Patriots, with my stuttering stream I hadn't a clue where the ball was either.

10/11 175 2T

Foster meanwhile is already near 100 and has 2 TDs, the lad is unreal, he should definitely be starting in the pro bowl for AFC this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

lol vikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Looking very grim for the Patriots

Hazys wrote: »

Eric Mangini must be loving this

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

McCoy is having some game. Don't get why BB challenged that. Thats two bad challenges in two consecutive games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Not looking good for the Patriots, I guess the only consolation for Patriots fans is that the Jets are losing to the Lions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

At least the Jets are losing too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hazys wrote: »

Bound to happen at some point. Big turning point for the Pats Gronkowski Fumble before the half. Had we scored on that drive the Confidence would still be up. But this is truly the McCoy and Hillis show.

McCoy I have to say is looking better and better by the weeks. He keeps growing at this rate as a pro QB he could be hanging with the big boys. His presence in the pocket and his confidence and coolness back there is amazing for a rookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

24-7 browns

jesus never saw this coming
    Go Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

New to NFL, seems like there's more form in Lotto numbers. I read an article during the week saying the Patriots were the best team in the league, and I see them being tonked tonight by the 2-5 Browns.

Last week, hearing the Jets were one of the best, I tuned in to see what they were like, and they lost 9-0 at home.

Hard to get a handle on what teams are supposed to be setting the standard.

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    New to NFL, seems like there's more form in Lotto numbers. I read an article during the week saying the Patriots were the best team in the league, and I see them being tonked tonight by the 2-5 Browns.

Last week, hearing the Jets were one of the best, I tuned in to see what they were like, and they lost 9-0 at home.

Dont forget Superbowl 2nd favourite Dallas at 1-6!

It is abnormally erratic this year alright though

Bound to happen at some point. Big turning point for the Pats Gronkowski Fumble before the half. Had we scored on that drive the Confidence would still be up. But this is truly the McCoy and Hillis show.

McCoy I have to say is looking better and better by the weeks. He keeps growing at this rate as a pro QB he could be hanging with the big boys. His presence in the pocket and his confidence and coolness back there is amazing for a rookie.
    He certainly has been improving every week and he has been brilliant today. Only thing is that all the rolling out and rushing is a sure fire way to get hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

How bad would San Diego be without Rivers? The guy is exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Great fake punt by the Ravens :)

The Browns are at home, just had their bye week which is always a huge advantage to a team as they are very fresh and have had time to work on things. And they beat the current superbowl champs in their last game. Whats happening today was not expected but the Browns have lost a lot of close games this year and after this they will be respected.

Article most likely said best team in the league by winning record right now. At 6-1 they are the best by record. This year the NFL truly has no clear "favourite" or "Best team" out there. It will be all about numbers at this point of the season.

Every good team in every sport loses games ;)

American Football is the type of sport that team could go on long winning streak and then crash right back down to earth with a huge loss. Never as black and white as people make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

New to NFL, seems like there's more form in Lotto numbers.

Got a team you support padraig_f?

I love special teams trickery. :D
    Fake punt and Ravens punter threw a complete pass for 1st down

eagle eye wrote: »
    He certainly has been improving every week and he has been brilliant today. Only thing is that all the rolling out and rushing is a sure fire way to get hurt.

I agree that it Could get him hurt but it hasn't so far and to be fair he has only done it because he is getting chased down in the backfield or had the space to fit a truck in ahead of him. Shows that he has speed for a guy who is classed as a pure pocket passer. And his passes on the move are very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

eagle eye wrote: »
    The Browns are at home, just had their bye week which is always a huge advantage to a team as they are very fresh and have had time to work on things. And they beat the current superbowl champs in their last game. Whats happening today was not expected but the Browns have lost a lot of close games this year and after this they will be respected.

I've watched every game and even managed to get to go to one. If it wasn't for that monkey Delhomme we certainly would have been 4-3 going into this one. Steelers have been the only team that have convincingly beat us this season.

Nice catch Hillis

Stick a fork in the Patriots today, we are done.

V disappointing performance

• Advertisement

texans stopped on 4th down...chargers going to win, fcuk it anyways

Bernard Pollard can realy hit hard!

Just leveled Sproles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

`How about them bucs! Keep going down but fighting back.
    27-14 down. KO ruturned for a TD.
    27-21: Straight off that an Onside Kick recovered... but it touched the kickers hip before it went 10 yds. So unlucky. Prob Atlantas game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

TD Bills!!!! 2 point fails...

Going for W no 1.

Welcome back Ed Reed!

That's 3 picks in two games

Wes Welker the ultimate utility player wonder can he play Defense also. Now kicking instead of Gostowski who is out with injury. :D

He is one of the best receivers in the game, he can kick field goals and he is a regular in the Playboy Mansion during the offseason. Wes Welker is some man. biggrin.gif

Both Wes Welker and Ndamukong Suh attempting kicking extra points

What are the jets at? jasus like, its detroit

• Advertisement

And the great news is that the Jets are losing and they have to go to Cleveland next week too.

Advertisement