Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 9: The Christ-It's-Sunday-And-There's-No-Thread Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I may have missed it but are the colts wearing a throwback jersey or have they changed the helmet design and I missed it ?

1955 Colts uniform

Baltimore Colts that is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

1955 Colts uniform

Baltimore Colts that is

cheek of that! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Got a team you support padraig_f?

Not yet. I thought I might follow the Bears as I'm a Bulls fan, I watched them against the Redskins the other week, it was hard to get excited about them when they kept throwing the ball to the other team, they won tonight though.

That's why I've been trying to watch some of the better teams. I haven't seen any team yet that's looked outstanding, a lot of the season left though I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Eagles off to a flyer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I may have missed it but are the colts wearing a throwback jersey or have they changed the helmet design and I missed it ?

Vickmania is back lads.

Their Baltimore Colts uniform I think. Looks class. More teams should partake in wearing throwbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

That was an insane end to the Jets game...
    One minute Im furious with Sanchez and the next minute im jumping in joy at one of his plays. :)
    The Lions shot themselves in the foot though, Suh hitting that PAT was ridiculous...Why not use the Punter?

NFL Viewing Rookie this season and I can't remember the last time I had that level of drama/excitement/nerves from another sport.

spiralism wrote: »
    cheek of that! haha

A little bit of trivia

When the Colts come to Baltimore they are never, ever, ever called the Colts on the scoreboards or displays

It is always "Indy"

For god's sake haley, USE JAMAAL CHARLES!!

More teams should partake in wearing throwbacks.

It'd be a right mess if the Ravens wanted to do that against the Browns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A little bit of trivia

When the Colts come to Baltimore they are never, ever, ever called the Colts on the scoreboards or displays

It is always "Indy"

I do believe there was an incident in about 1984.

• Advertisement

And no flag for the hit on vick out of bounds. Really ?

An incident which we leave alone and not discuss

The stadium manager in Baltimore is still bitter it seems. And hard to blame them

As another useless bit of trivea. The Wire is set in Baltimore and in Season 2 in the dock workers office you'll see a photo of Irsay used as a dartboard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

And no flag for the hit on vick out of bounds. Really ?

Especially given that they gave the soft roughing the passer call before that, or maybe that is why they did not give the out of bounds call

anybody else watching raiders chiefs? what are the officials at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Justin10

Dont post much here but Philip Rivers is awesome. 5 of his starting receving corps out and still puts up 300 yards and 5 tds. Gates and Flloyd back after the bye then Vjax. Chargers looking good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Giants are the pick of the NFC you'd have to say at this stage. Destroying the Seahawks.

Whitehurst having an awful one, 7/14, 37 yards with 2 INTs.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Dont post much here but Philip Rivers is awesome. 5 of his starting receving corps out and still puts up 300 yards and 5 tds. Gates and Flloyd back after the bye then Vjax. Chargers looking good to me.

295 and 4 Td but your point still stands.... SD will probably murder us and win out, that's my guess

Raiders look to be back to their old selves so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

padraig_f wrote: »
    I read an article during the week saying the Patriots were the best team in the league, and I see them being tonked tonight by the 2-5 Browns.
    The "2-5 Browns" (now 3-5 :D) lost their first two games by a combined total of three points; they're a much better team this year (possibly back to their 2007 form?) For heavens sake, they beat the Saints two weeks ago, albeit with a bit of luck, and convincingly beat the Pats today.

McCoy could be the franchise QB that the Browns having been lacking. All they need now are some more decent receivers, so that Chainsaw can do his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Collie just got an awful hit to the head.

• Advertisement

Never never want to see a player down like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

Huge hit there. Don't see what the penalty was for though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

themont85 wrote: »
    Collie just got an awful hit to the head.

It's one of those situations that is tough to look at, hopefully it's not too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Frightening impact, the silence of the Linc shows how serious this is

Hardly blessed with good luck are these 2010 colts

Mikell can enjoy his huge fine later this week anyways

The commentators have said that they saw him move his arms, given how bad it looks, then hopefully that is a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

Missed the start of the Colts game, can someone tell me whos receiving in the 2nd half?

gnolan wrote: »
    Missed the start of the Colts game, can someone tell me whos receiving in the 2nd half?

Tamme and Wayne both have six receptions each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

Indy are the receiving team in the 2nd half kickoff

• Advertisement

Colts I think

Advertisement