Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free cheese!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Here's a recipe.

You will need: cheese.

Heat a pyrex plate under the grill. When the plate is hot put some thinly sliced cheese on it and put it back under the grill. When the cheese bubbles and turns slightly brown remove the plate and let it cool. When it has cooled remove the cheese with a fish slice. The cheese should be hard.

It's lovely. It's like cheese on toast but without the toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I can't believe the arrogance of this government. Gouda they think they are??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I can't believe the arrogance of this government. Gouda they think they are??

Oh, Grattan, what would you make of it all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Free cheese!!!!!
    I just can't cut it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,139 ✭✭✭✭Esel

tl/dr; probably been said....

Who Moved My Cheese?

I Moved Your Cheese

Brendan: You've Burst The Party (not really, but you were the last little prick that finally burst the bubble.... you stupid little gombeen man.... )

Words fail me.

Fire the advisers, liquidate the asses [sic] (apart from me, obviously), get to Baldonnel asap, book seats for the parliamentary party on Qantas....

I, for one, welcome our IMF overlords. The Boss is turning a profit, somehow.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Can I get this cheese delivered? Always run out of cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

They're clutching at straws - will somebody tell them its full of holes? :rolleyes:

Lads please stop with the dreadful puns. I camembert it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I'm afraid in this Cashel have to put up with it....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,975 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I was amused initially hearing about this Generous offer on the BBC, then realized they were actually taking the piss, i checked out this Buffoon Ministers interview on Morning Ireland and realized this clown was not only being serious, he seems to be a part time sales consultant for board BIA. Astonishing stuff, Smith has single handedly made Ireland a laughing stock and no doubt the Bond Markets where having a great laugh at another farcical government initiative.

Jesus wept, have we been reduced to this, as if things were not depressing enough. :confused:

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

25th of December -

"YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYY, Mammy, Santa has brought me one pound of industrial grade chedder, YYYYAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Listening to this free cheese story, I feel like Sam Neill at the end of this film...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I think we all have enough knob cheese as it stands, bit of an overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Poor people love cheese I hear. It drives emmental so it does.
    Any way, who gives edam about cheese in this economy.

That is just awful.

I salute you, Sir!

Stork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Lads please stop with the dreadful puns. I camembert it.

Yeah. These cheesy puns really grind my gruyéres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I think Miriam Lord from the Irish Times reads AH as well...
    Did the Cabinet sit in silence, bereft of ideas, at their meeting in Farmleigh and wonder what they might possibly come up with to comfort a worried nation?

Then somebody shouts: "Jesus . . . cheesus . . . cheeses . . . cheese . . . that’s it. Cheese! Let them eat cheese!"

From the original article.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

OK guys, thats enough bad cheese jokes for now.
    Don't forget, the Brazilian Grand Brie is on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Free cheese from the pricks in the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I was amused initially hearing about this Generous offer on the BBC, then realized they were actually taking the piss, i checked out this Buffoon Ministers interview on Morning Ireland and realized this clown was not only being serious, he seems to be a part time sales consultant for board BIA. Astonishing stuff, Smith has single handedly made Ireland a laughing stock and no doubt the Bond Markets where having a great laugh at another farcical government initiative.

Jesus wept, have we been reduced to this, as if things were not depressing enough. :confused:
    Imagine the mentality though. i mean how far removed are these ****ers from the populace situation and mood? unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

New White House gift from the Irish people to the US President announced for Paddy's Day 2011...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Lads down in the barracks are not having a crumb of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

feckin cheese, why not throw in a few sprouts and add a little marmite and make a delicious midday snack for the nation to enjoy while all the whole place goes to pot!...those politicians are cute !, who would ever have thought of cheese as the saviour of the nation!!, didn't see that on coming!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Id say those who are struggling to feed their families wouldnt mind some free cheese..
    It just goes into the food hampers that the charities give out every year...
    Whats the big story??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ThomasCreeby

I propose setting up a giant melting cauldron outside Dáil Éireann, and staging a dirty protest, except with melted government cheese...a "Cheesy Protest" if you will. And yes I am completely serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭alandublin15

just heard this one. my folks were driving out by clontarf (dublin) and staring out at the sea. the flood barrriers are out cause of the forecasted tsunami. the larger of the flood barriers are yellow, round and about 4 ft high. my da (not the full cracker) turns round to my ma and asks ..... is that the free cheese theyre bringing in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Pearls before swine. Ungrateful heathens the lot of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Is it the whiffy Liffey or the mozarella? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alidxx

i have to say myself its a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Biggins, you're old enough to know exactly where the cheese has come from, its the same as butter from days gone by. This isn't a solution to the economic woes and isn't intended to even be a gesture towards them. Basically its an announcement that the dept of agriculture is dumping its intervention stores, as I said earlier, possibly to reduce storage costs.

I really don't get why the opposition and the media are branding it as some sort of crazy FF initiative, what baffles me even more is that people are lapping it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What our Polish friends think about our wonderful cheese scheme:

http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/regionalne/irlandia/darmowy-ser-na-poprawe-nastrojow-irlandczykow,1,3774831,region-wiadomosc.html

Even one of the cheese packers (hehe) posted stating that it's mighty fine cheese because he's sampled some!

Advertisement