Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 6/6/2011

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

3 stars (average)
    vivario wrote: »
    Send me your numbers lads in PM. I will check my pictures , maybe that help.

Looking for 613 - Have now viewed approx. 4000 photos and found 1.

Still buzzing after the race and won't let it go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

3 stars (average)
    Sorry my friend. This man was so happy. (at front of you)

:D
    Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Itziger wrote: »
    That's fantastic pacing, many runners in the group with him??

I was stewarding at the first relay change-over at Silversprings (the guy with the megaphone :o) and there must have been 50 runners with Mick there. I spoke to him afterwards and he said a lot dropped off but he sent a lot on ahead of him, too. 2:59:40 is an awesome piece of running - well done Mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

3 stars (average)
    Thanks for that, but a 'CGI Error' message comes up when I click the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

3 stars (average)
    sideswipe wrote: »

and the video's have none of the half it seems. 2388 is my number blue asics shirt. looks like a new gallery on the way up http://eagleac.net/gallery2/v/eagleac/2011+Season/cork_city_marathon/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bluedoor

4 stars (good)
    Hey all. Ran the half marathon on Monday and throughly enjoyed it. It was my first time ever entering any kind of even but I will Defo be doing it again. Did it in 2.09. Not brilliant but I was happy considering I didn't do a whole lot of training. I ran it with a friend and have trawled pictures trying to find one of either of us but have had no luck. My no.was 2638 and my friends was 2641. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vivario

4 stars (good)
    Now should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

Looking for 613 - Have now viewed approx. 4000 photos and found 1.

Still buzzing after the race and won't let it go!

Here you go, taken around the 25K mark

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51512923@N07/5812680927/in/set-72157626781407955

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

3 stars (average)
    Now should be ok.
    Nice one thanks, like the fact 2 feet are off the ground, the dude with the walking stick finishing behind me seems to diminish my efforts somewhat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

What a great day! I'm only running/jogging with a few months so did the relay think I definitely have the buzz !! Can't find any pictures of me or the others on the team can you search by bib number? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 vivario

4 stars (good)
    What a great day! I'm only running/jogging with a few months so did the relay think I definitely have the buzz !! Can't find any pictures of me or the others on the team can you search by bib number? Thanks
    What your number?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Hi its 4789 I was the last leg so E4789! Thanks ive looked at hundreds and cant find any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 justmark

MY number was 4817, with four people on a relay team if you have any on the b section, great.

justmark wrote: »
    MY number was 4817, with four people on a relay team if you have any on the b section, great.

Sorry, nothing of the B leg, but here is your A leg runner:-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51512923@N07/5813098345/in/set-72157626781407955

and your C leg runner:-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51512923@N07/5813663750/in/set-72157626781407955/

Note to MODS - Is there any value in a separate - "Request your CCM photos here" thread because this thread has the potential to be swamped with requests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Some great pics there Doctorchick... Love the group one of the pacers.

I have all mine up on flickr now but don't have them all tagged for Racepix365 yet. Hopefully have it done in the next day or two. I know from speaking to others that they're in the same boat so just be patient!!!

Justmark... There's some of my pics of your 'C' Runner at the halfway marker on racepix365 - Just enter the bib number without the letter.
    The problem with the second leg is usually access to it. Apart from the tunnel bit it's also for the want of a better word 'boring' to somebody taking pics!! I took some on that section 2 years ago but I was on a motorbike and had a pass for the course so was able to travel around fairly handy. This year I went down that way and wanted to stop at the tunnel but was waved on - understandable I suppose given the contraflow in operation. (Driving a Van). Also most people will head to the Marina/Blackrock from town and can then make their way back to town thus giving themselves time and more opportunity to see people or take photos by staying fairly central to the whole thing. You'll also notice a lack of photos from Wilton/Ballyphehane/Model Farm Rd and Straight Road area for the same reason.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

4 stars (good)
    Looking for 164, did a search of http://newphotostyle.com and it came back with 1164 (though looks like 164) either way its not me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bluedoor

4 stars (good)
    I'm presuming there's no luck with mine lads. 2638 or 2641? Must have gone through every pic.

3 stars (average)

Great - thanks a million!

Thanks to all the photographers - some superb shots there.

3 stars (average)
    Nice one thanks, like the fact 2 feet are off the ground, the dude with the walking stick finishing behind me seems to diminish my efforts somewhat!!!

Brilliant - I was with Forrest Gump between 24 and 25 miles and I told him I was pushing on now cause I don't want to be caught in a photo with another runner in a shirt and chinos!

That's a great pic of you right at the line all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Anyone find 4130? We were a relay team.

• Advertisement

thanks for looking over the pictures, unfortunately i got the bib number mixed up a little, it was B4187 and not the 4817.

I thank you for taking your time to look for the last photos

Justmark... There's some of my pics of your 'C' Runner at the halfway marker on racepix365 - Just enter the bib number without the letter.
    The problem with the second leg is usually access to it. Apart from the tunnel bit it's also for the want of a better word 'boring' to somebody taking pics!! I took some on that section 2 years ago but I was on a motorbike and had a pass for the course so was able to travel around fairly handy. This year I went down that way and wanted to stop at the tunnel but was waved on - understandable I suppose given the contraflow in operation. (Driving a Van). Also most people will head to the Marina/Blackrock from town and can then make their way back to town thus giving themselves time and more opportunity to see people or take photos by staying fairly central to the whole thing. You'll also notice a lack of photos from Wilton/Ballyphehane/Model Farm Rd and Straight Road area for the same reason.

thanks for the update, I was guessing this myself, but there was a guy taking pictures in the middle of the road as runners were passing by between Silversprings and the Glanmire roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 harman22

4 stars (good)
    official pictures from SportCam here

http://www.sportcam.net/competitorsearch.aspx?mode=singlerace&RId=394

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerlan

Chip times for the half are up on the site now...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 el kabong

Cerlan wrote: »
    Chip times for the half are up on the site now...

Bizarrely, the chip times for the full, which were part of the provisional results, are missing from the official results and are nowhere to be found on the site. Shouldn't an official chip time be available to all full marathon finishers?

All,

Have been fighting with lots of other things to find time to get my pictures up on my flickr account. Have a few sets up - trying to split them into different sets based on where I took the pics. Sets are: pre-start/first 100metres set, a set from Merchants Quay (approx 1 mile), Penrose Wharf (3.5 miles), the Marina/Centre Park Road (15/16 miles), the finish and a few select pics from the whole day.

Iain

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51512923@N07/sets/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    Maybe most people knew this already but I hadn't realised that Cork was a Boston marathon qualifier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

I finished in the minor placings in full,still no sign of my prize which I was told would be posted to me.No idea of value of prizes either as they werent advertised.

Advertisement