Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 6/6/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

3 stars (average)
    I got no cable ties for the chip - do you simply thread your laces through or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

It's using the tunnel and the section up to Mahon and also the top end of the Southlink so if you drive to Douglas from Passage, get onto the South Ring from there (roundabout before you get into Douglas itself), turn right at the Kinsale road roundabout onto the Southlink and the Black Ash is on the left at the first traffic lights.
    Remember to bring 5EU with you for the parking, I forgot last time and had to hang around the carpark till I saw a buddy who lent me the cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

3 stars (average)
    Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

4 stars (good)
    I got no cable ties for the chip - do you simply thread your laces through or am I missing something?

Haven't seen this years chip yet as I'm not registering till tomorrow but if its the same as last year you just thread your shoe lace through it..this is normal for disposable chips..also grand and close to the timing mats so less can go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Woddle wrote: »
    I'll be coming from Passage east on race morning, is there any particular roads I should be taking to get to city hall (in time to get the bus to the half start) with road closures and stuff. Thanks

also where to park car while I'm racing.

Woddle - I presume you mean Passage east in Waterford and not Passage West in cork?? You will be coming from the east side of the city and there is plenty of free parking around the railway station, easy access to City Hall and car can be left there for duration of race and allow easy exit out to the east afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

3 stars (average)
    I just wanted to wish everyone luck tomorrow, I'll have Mr. Slow on my tshirt during the race tomorrow so don't be shy!

I don't know if there's a decision on the pub yet but Meno will know, so seek out the 4hr pacers for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

mrslow wrote: »
    I just wanted to wish everyone luck tomorrow, I'll have Mr. Slow on my tshirt during the race
    Now there's a revelation - I thought you were a short married woman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Just back from a nice slow run - 5 miles @ ~10 min pace.

Conditions here in Cork are pretty good - 13C and cloudy, 'crisp' and not particularly humid. Little bit breezy, but OK as long as it doesn't increase.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Keep an eye out for C Team - Cancer Survivors relay team ....and give us a shout!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

4 stars (good)
    I hope everyone will be wearing their boards singlets [or tee-shirts] :cool:

How else will we be able to have that always entertaining and strange conversations about where the silly names came from :)

Read up the thread, and you will find many of us the night before and indeed afternoon & night after in the fine eating & drinking establishments of Cork :)

BTW - If anyone wants an adventure with their other halves [or whatever], as very much a meat eating dub speaking, Cafe Paradiso in Cork is the best food I have ever had on this Island. AMAZING] If you like good food, would be a sin not to go there on a visit down to Cork. Its not huge, so get a booking..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good luck everyone tomorrow. Will be thinking of you all as I am soaking up the rays :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    I hope everyone will be wearing their boards singlets [or tee-shirts] :cool:

I was planning to but will be wearing a bright yellow 'Team Sonia' top instead :) Will say hello to anyone wearing the boards top anyway.

Just back from final jog myself, small bit windy but forecast for tomorrow is better. I came back along the last two miles of the route but couldn't bring myself to run down Patrick St to do the final bit as would have felt like too much of a plonker!

This will be a welcome sight tomorrow!

05062011009.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Best of luck to everyone & hope you make/exceed your targets!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

3 stars (average)
    opus wrote: »

05062011009.jpg

can't wait for that marker tomorrow! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

corked wrote: »
    can't wait for that marker tomorrow! :)

I well remember it last year - that right turn at the lights onto Patrick Street and I grinned like an idiot all the way to the line. Funny how the pain disappears.

I'm madly jealous that I'll not be in Cork tomorrow - it would be great to meet up with the boardsies. Have a great run everybody and I'll look forward to the reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

3 stars (average)
    my wife is dropping me in town in the morning and shes hoping to park in the railway station car park for the day will we be able to drive in there at 8am? or will all that be closed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

3 stars (average)
    elnino23 wrote: »
    my wife is dropping me in town in the morning and shes hoping to park in the railway station car park for the day will we be able to drive in there at 8am? or will all that be closed off?

forgot to say we are driving in from cobh so will be coming in north ring road!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Best of luck to all, was tempted to try cork but not had time..enjoy the day...good luck to all the pacemakers too!!!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Antonius.Prime

I'm not running the race but it will affect me. Has anyone any idea on when the road closures will be enacted? I've to work that day and will be going from Wilton to Holyhill. And as glaciers move faster than that website, I've no idea when the roads are closing.

Cheers if ye can help lads and lassies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

4 stars (good)
    Initial forecasts all seem to be incorrect as Jean Byrne has just promised light rain in the morning, becoming heavier in the pm.

Note to self: get finished quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Good luck to everybody doing Cork tomorrow, whether it be the Full, Half or Relay. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

4 stars (good)
    06:04 - very pleasant morning at the moment. Little or no wind, some cloud cover (of varying hues of white & grey) with the sun shining.....

That'll do pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    eliwallach wrote: »
    06:04 - very pleasant morning at the moment. Little or no wind, some cloud cover (of varying hues of white & grey) with the sun shining.....

That'll do pig.

For sure! Haven't forgotten a comment from a friend of mine this day last year when they said "it's raining like it used to in the bible" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Yeah there isn't a puff of wind yet - not a ripple on the river. Temp currently 8 degrees and rising. Perfect running weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

9C and sunny.......and I'm *WIRED*!!!!:D:D:D
    Bring it on!............and I'm only doing the relay!!! ...prob do ~16M in all.

Best of luck everyone!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Anyone finished yet? Or are they already in the pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

robinph wrote: »
    Anyone finished yet? Or are they already in the pub?

Don't know what's keeping them Robin *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Sergiu Ciobanu wins second Cork City Marathon in a row with a time of 2:25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    Great course today. Lovely weather, great support and more than ample water stations.
    We got the 4hr pace group in at 3'59 bang on and quite a few followed us all the way home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

3 stars (average)
    3:31 for the relay team. Great team performance.

Great runs from all boardsies that I've heard of so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

3 stars (average)
    3:41 for me - thoroughly enjoyed it - special thanks to the 3:45 pacers who dropped back to push us back up the group around the 21 mile mark - got me back on track and I scooted on from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Great runs from all boardsies that I've heard of so far. :)

Names and times please, especially Mr. Slow and Digger

Advertisement