Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 6/6/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

4 stars (good)
    Mr slow was 3.43, good run from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    digger 3'47

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Angela McCann won her first Marathon - ~2:50/52.

C Team - Cancer Survivors finished in about 3:21. we came in to the finish together and got an absolutely tremendous reception.

338 photos here, from very early stages and also just after 26M mark

Speaking of marks....before anyone mentions it.... the 20k mark was about a quarter mile too soon! :eek: I measured it and gave full identification of all marks - photos and very detailed descriptions of the locations....someone else lqaid down the painted Marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Does anybody know what time the website will have a list of the finishing times? Thanks:)
    Did the half and think I got it under 1.35 but need to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

3 stars (average)
    i gotta 3.56 on my watch time the official time was a min slower but im ignoring that
    should have been quicker but jared my knee on that last downhill steep bit around 23 thought it was going to explode for the last 3 finishd tho
    ended up running with some great people from midleton ac
    left the 4hr pacers behind at about 4hr was too crowded for me with ya sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

4 stars (good)
    Condo131 wrote: »
    C Team - Cancer Survivors finished in about 3:21. we came in to the finish together and got an absolutely tremendous reception.

Speaking of marks....before anyone mentions it.... the 20k mark was about a quarter mile too soon! :eek: I measured it and gave full identification of all marks - photos and very detailed descriptions of the locations....someone else lqaid down the painted Marks!

Fantastic. Well done.

Yeah, I got a fright at the 20K mark, but at least the half marathon mark soon after allayed my fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

4 stars (good)
    I managed to improve from 3:57 in Limerick 5 weeks ago to 3:55 this time around. Very pleased that I didn't hit the wall again.... thanks in part to the 9 isogels I consumed along the way :) An experiment that worked.

Brilliant day all in all, well organised, great support, and great weather (aside from anyone who had to limp home in the cold rain after about 5 hours).

3 stars (average)
    elnino23 wrote: »
    i gotta 3.56 on my watch time the official time was a min slower but im ignoring that
    should have been quicker but jared my knee on that last downhill steep bit around 23 thought it was going to explode for the last 3 finishd tho
    ended up running with some great people from midleton ac
    left the 4hr pacers behind at about 4hr was too crowded for me with ya sorry

i meant i left the pacers at 4m mark not 4hr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    times up at the moment are gun times. I assume the chip times will be up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

3 stars (average)
    Fantastic day all around, big thanks to all involved with organising everything and anyone handing out water etc. at all the stations.

Delighted to have gotten in just under the 3:30 mark in my first marathon, big thanks to the 2 pacers. Those lovely green balloons dragged me around the last 2.2 miles!

Thanks Condo too for the website, lots of info on there that helped ease my mind running the distance for the first time. The official website could learn a lot from you.

• Advertisement

3 stars (average)
    menoscemo sorry i didnt give ya the banna i promised :( was too busy around ya so i jogged on abit at 4m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

4 stars (good)
    Bit of a disappointing day for me. I did 3 legs of the relay and my husband did the last 2. I was 7 minutes slower than last year:o He was 5 minutes faster so made up a bit of the lost time. Brilliant day though, love this race. Will be back again and again.

Went to the Sextant but couldnt find any boardsies. Where are ye all hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Mick Rice 2:59:40. 3 hr pacer supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

3 stars (average)
    Just watched RTE News announce Lucy Brennan as the women's winner - they're lucky Sergiu Ciobanu won the mens again so they got that right - must be picking up the results from the photos on the up to date official site!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

4 stars (good)
    Fantastic day all around, big thanks to all involved with organising everything and anyone handing out water etc. at all the stations.

Delighted to have gotten in just under the 3:30 mark in my first marathon, big thanks to the 2 pacers. Those lovely green balloons dragged me around the last 2.2 miles!

Thanks Condo too for the website, lots of info on there that helped ease my mind running the distance for the first time. The official website could learn a lot from you.
    Yeah there was alot of hurting going on in the last couple of miles in the 3.30 group.
    3.29.14 for me by the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

He's a machine allright... Congrats to all pacers, they're a great luxury for all (us)newbies.... Shame they're never around Phoenix park in September!! Well done all .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

That's fantastic pacing, many runners in the group with him??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    Bally8 wrote: »
    Went to the Sextant but couldnt find any boardsies. Where are ye all hiding?

I was in there for a while, took a walk around when I got in to see if I could spot any board t-shirts but didn't see any, was packed at that stage though.

3:07:42 for me today, was a race of two halves, first went well, second not so great but overall was happy to improve on last year. Mind you the better weather probably was responsible for some of that :)

Only disappointment was that Sonia O'Sullivan picked up an injury over the weekend so she had to jog/walk around the course taking just over five hours when she was aiming for sub-3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

3 stars (average)
    I'm guessing about 1:52:50 for me.

I didn't really like the half course at all, you always seemed to be running up or down.
    I thought the start time was far too late (11:30am) but it was well organised.
    Not once did I see a sports drink and I really wanted one.
    The finish was a bit of a mess aswell, you had to go looking for your medal (not that I wanted one but everyone seemed to be a bit confused) and where to put your chip and again no bottles of drinks being offered.

Positives, fantastic support, plenty of water, nice medal, good marshalling throughout the course, pacers seemed to do a super job.

Well done all who ran today, conditions were perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rebelrunner

4 stars (good)
    Fair play to Sonia for still doing it.
    I found it tough enough today. Heat in 1st hour, blisters and slight injury in 2nd half made things alot harder than they should have been. Finished in 3:27, 1 minute faster than last year so can't complain. Well done to all for the support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Just registered here to say thanks to the 4hr pacers- i ran and finished with them and the clock was reading 3.59.59 (i kid you not) as i crossed the finish line-now THATS pacing . Thanks guys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

4 stars (good)
    jonny99 wrote: »
    Just registered here to say thanks to the 4hr pacers- i ran and finished with them and the clock was reading 3.59.59 (i kid you not) as i crossed the finish line-now THATS pacing . Thanks guys:)

Hope you enjoyed the in flight entertainment jonny, was a great day. Glad you got under the 4h with us, me and Meno get an extra pint for that now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

He certainly didn't have this crew with him when he went by me again at 26 miles...

1634429848134651854_18d1e46b-0695-49e4-a00f-28d1cb6aecd4_w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

4 stars (good)
    He certainly didn't have this crew with him when he went by me again at 26 miles...

1634429848134651854_18d1e46b-0695-49e4-a00f-28d1cb6aecd4_w.jpg

You're absolutely right:
    IMG_3459.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

3 stars (average)
    You're absolutely right:
    IMG_3459.JPG

Note the missing balloon in second pic, there's probably 25 people following the balloon past Fermoy as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭babalobioddy

4 stars (good)
    Hi, I had a great day.Improved from D.C.M 3.36 to 3.21 today. I didnt hit the wall and sprinted over the line. It was great to see bottles at the water stops instead of cups. Cant wait for the next one. Great day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Midlands Half Marathon

Great day today and great atmosphere. Well done to all the runners, pacers and the organisers. We were the last water station on the route, busy as it was....it was still very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

3 stars (average)
    If anyone got a link to any more pics please post. Thanks Found this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/freckledpast/sets/72157626897431976/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vivario

4 stars (good)
    Tommorow i will add over 1000 photos to http://newphotostyle.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

3 stars (average)
    Well done all, was delighted with the weather and the 1/2M course, great organisation. Loadsa water and even orange slices at a few places , great stuff. The running conditions were perfect for a pb, managed a 1.42 .
    Onwards and upwards !!!:D

Advertisement