Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Your choice :) but the $9 one will do me fine for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

xp90 wrote: »
    Its really simple,

1. Have the latest divx installed
    Ha? Do ya mean Codecs? Something like the Klite pack?
    2. Install driver that comes with the device along with the software (Blazedtv)
    So Blazedtv will process the Saorview MP4 Signal and you can then play it back in a 3rd Party Media Player such as VLC/Media Player Classic providing you have codec support?
    3. Scan for channels and enjoy!!

With edits!

Raiser wrote: »
    With edits!
    Cheers for that! I wanted to avoid the technical side but you make a fair clear point!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Just ordered one last nite,xp90 does delivery take long m8 ?.

Any other questions just ask!!

bassy wrote: »
    Just ordered one last nite,xp90 does delivery take long m8 ?.

Well going from my experience, it was about two weeks, but wasnt too bothered, especially since the shipping is free!! Though if you need it sooner id say they could sort express shipping for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

just ordered..great bargin even if i only get a half hour playing with it ;)

Did anyone receive theirs yet for this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

christo82 wrote: »
    Does this connect to a normal rooftop aerial as well as the small aerial supplied? thx

Same question? :confused:

Ah not to bothered either about when it gets here,had a few euros left over on a 3v voucher so decided to use it up and seen this dvb-t USB stick.
    Would even handier if you could use it on the vu+duo enigma2 receiver.

Well going from my experience, it was about two weeks, but wasnt too bothered, especially since the shipping is free!! Though if you need it sooner id say they could sort express shipping for you

Yes it does.
    Same question? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Does it work ok on Windows 7.
    Maybe one of you who has one could take the technical side of the setup to one of the hardware or DTT forums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

christo82 wrote: »
    Does this connect to a normal rooftop aerial as well as the small aerial supplied? thx

I think this is a very important question if anyone can answer it?

gnolan wrote: »

I think I am correct in saying this - Basically it has a standard co-ax in socket your provided aerial is a little larger than your hand and I assume could only ever suffice in a very, very strong signal area - ie. unlikely it will do......

- Once this proves to be the case then you just need to plug in the usual co-ax cable from your rooftop aerial - OR - simply an indoor amplified aerial that is up to the job.

Good thread here from People more clued in than me

* There seems to be a bit or either, and, or speculation here about aerials - You just need one adequate aerial plugged in......

If anyone can confirm that this is a standard co-axial cable I'm definitely getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

its simple

this works with windows XP/Vista/7

Works with a whole load of software pretty much anything that can view MPEG4.

it works in Dublin, even with the supplied aerial in a relatively built up apartment complex. also works in the few places i have tried dotted around the country , also works in the uk and all of europe.

It has a coax in socket if you have an existing aerial.

You can pick up 5 tv stations and approx 8 radio stations.
    RTE 1/2/news(24/7)/HDTest & TG4.
    TV3 and 3e are rumoured to be lauching soon. as is a RTE kids channel.

a rescan may be needed ery now and then until the finalise details and officially launch.

you have been told the answer already:mad:

gnolan wrote: »

bassy wrote: »
    you have been told the answer already:mad:

Would you like to point out where? Let me explain how I saw the conversation progress. Someone asked whether it connected to a standard co-axial aerial cable, the likes of which is connected to a terrestrial aerial - but got no answer, which i flagged. Raiser replied....
    I think I am correct in saying this - Basically it has a standard co-ax in socket

...with for me the important bit being "i think".

I asked for confirmation which i got from eoinf....
    eoinf wrote: »

It has a coax in socket if you have an existing aerial.

...and you're angry about this for what reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Does anyone know if this works on mac ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

Picked up similar or the same from a different seller last night for €7.70 delivered.

Will post a link later.......

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270604039118&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.ie%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D270604039118%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Ordered one to test it out!! Great for the money!:D

• Advertisement

Maplins is selling these for €50.

Most of what is on their shelves is cheap Chinese crap at a 1000% markup.

- I'd love to see them go out of Business some day, ignorant pack of Thieves :(

Maplins is selling these for €50.

Most of what is on their shelves is cheap Chinese crap at a 1000% markup.

- I'd love to see them go out of Business some day, ignorant pack of Thieves :(
    Yeah I find Maplins to be very expensive. I was in their shop here in Limerick and they had a display stand full of catalogues. I thought it was like Argos and nearly walked out with one. Apparently you actually have to buy their catalogues!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Anyone see any cheap DVB-S tuners around? I dont have access to ebay in the office, but gonna pick up one of each

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Anyone see any cheap DVB-S tuners around? I dont have access to ebay in the office, but gonna pick up one of each

cheapest ones seem to be around the 20€ mark, no idea what they are like, do need external power though
    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-Digital-Signal-DVB-S-TV-Tuner-Receiver-Box-/260678734704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb1a9d370

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Not cheap, and its PCI rather than USB, but this is what I use, will get you ITV and BBC HD on Freesat if you have the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Tv3 seems to be available as of tonight. Might only be a test but still good news

I'm just a little worried about this. My purchase has disappeared from my eBay history. When I try to access the auction it seems to have been removed early. It's gone from the "leave feedback" section also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,463 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm just a little worried about this. My purchase has disappeared from my eBay history. When I try to access the auction it seems to have been removed early. It's gone from the "leave feedback" section also.

Same here. Haven't got a shipping notice or anything really. Just the receipt from paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Same thing for me as well, all purchase information on this is gone. Never seen that before.. Guess seller would normally contact you to let you know if there's a problem, but this Guy didn't seem to be the best in the first place if there was issues... Maybe he just over sold. No refund from Paypal just yet either..

Advertisement