Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are they allowed do this?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

You might be agreeing with someone...but it ain't me. :)
    I'm taking the "fight da powah" corner on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Wertz wrote: »
    You might be agreeing with someone...but it ain't me. :)
    I'm taking the "fight da powah" corner on this one.

Oh, sorry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Is it me or do attention-seeking kids like the OP usually take up most teachers and principals time? Usually at the expense of someone who really needs the schools help, someone who is being bullied or falling way behind in their studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

jack157 wrote: »
    Trust me there is plenty of girls with hairy upper lips to use!

You know what they say about girls with a hairy lip, a growler with pubes you could loose a badger in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

There is nothing worse especially at your age than to be told what to do.

I beg to differ. There is a lot worse than to be the victim of a no beard policy. Child abuse, rape, murder, assault, cancer. Perhaps a little perspective.
    Is it me or do attention-seeking kids like the OP usually take up most teachers and principals time? Usually at the expense of someone who really needs the schools help, someone who is being bullied or falling way behind in their studies.

That's why uniformity is enforced. Less distraction for all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,076 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Interesting observation. What's it based on?

I don't think he's taking up anyone's time. The head tecaher CHOSE to make an issue out of it, and she CHOSE to use her time in this way.

If she CHOSE to use her time helping students who are being bullied or failing, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Interesting observation. What's it based on?

I don't think he's taking up anyone's time. The head tecaher CHOSE to make an issue out of it, and she CHOSE to use her time in this way.

If she CHOSE to use her time helping students who are being bullied or failing, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

My observation is based on the OP saying "As it stands I absolutely refuse to trim it as a matter of morals", so it is more for attention rather than anything else. It is a beard! Big fricking deal.

Principals always do this stuff, it is no big deal, tuck in your shirt, spit out that gum, uncross those eyes mister. They are five second conversations. The problem is when people feel repressed because of the slightest sign of an authority telling them to do stuff and thinking it is discrimination, as the OP thinks it is.

I remember these type of kids in my school, they just made huge deals out of nothing, arguing and wasting time when they were in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

k_mac wrote: »
    So you would suggest she send a sample of his beard to some lab for testing?

No more than she should ask the rest of the student body for samples of their head hair to send off to a lab for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,076 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

My observation is based on the OP saying "As it stands I absolutely refuse to trim it as a matter of morals", so it is more for attention rather than anything else. It is a beard! Big fricking deal.

Principals always do this stuff, it is no big deal, tuck in your shirt, spit out that gum, uncross those eyes mister. They are five second conversations. The problem is when people feel repressed because of the slightest sign of an authority telling them to do stuff and thinking it is discrimination, as the OP thinks it is.

I remember these type of kids in my school, they just made huge deals out of nothing, arguing and wasting time when they were in the wrong.

I thought your implication was that he grew the beard as an attention seeking stunt in the first place. That said, if standing up for yourself is to be seen as attention-seeking we are on a very slippery slope here.

Sometimes - and I'm not saying that this is the case here because I don't know - people have a right to feel repressed. But blindy trusting that authority always know best is just plain daft.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Pherekydes wrote: »
    No more than she should ask the rest of the student body for samples of their head hair to send off to a lab for testing.

We've already established that beards are a bigger hygiene risk than head hair so your argument is flawed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

dude she obviously wants you in the sack :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Yes because other students may not be able to grow a beard. Dude not everyone is as manly as you. I wish I was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Hmmm, I wonder where OP went, must know the outcome of beard adventures!

Also, lol at "Ronnie Drew" in tags. :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Teutorix wrote: »
    the girls in my school complain about not having skirts O_o

Giggidy

Advertisement