Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doomhammer [eu] Alliance/Horde - Irish Guild - EGB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Kool I'd probably more a casual player mainly playing alot during the week and not the weekend more interested in Dps/Healing trying to decide on a class viable for doing both when spec'd properly doh thinking paladin but not sure what ret is like pve wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I'd be potentially interested in joining Omphin, but I don't have any characters presently on Doomhammer so I'd have to start from scratch. Tried checking out the website but it seems to be down, are you guys accepting new characters from either side or would it be Horde only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

I'd be potentially interested in joining Omphin, but I don't have any characters presently on Doomhammer so I'd have to start from scratch. Tried checking out the website but it seems to be down, are you guys accepting new characters from either side or would it be Horde only ?

We are only playing horde now , just make one from scratch, i know guys in guild with new chars at lv 50 after just 3-4 days its so easy to level up now new site is here: Erin Go Bragh

Right-oh. I'll make up a BElf or maybe Tauren Paladin. Never have much liked being a ranged class that much.

Just OOC, as I'm fairly new to playing WoW, is there any kind of system that lets you generate experience quickly ? For example in WAR it was possible to take guarded low level characters to high level mob areas (High Elf Chapter 21 PQ comes to mind) which they could be levelled very quickly from group XP.

I've got a level 25 BElf Retri Paladin over on Chamber of Aspects but having finished the racial story for the moment I'm kind of lost as to how to advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Not sure of any ways to get faster xp but heres an image showing what zones to go to next as you level up mate

levelflown.th.jpg

also maybe a leveling guide such as this one might help you speed up your leveling

http://www.ding85.com/horde_leveling_guide/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

if you are a bit lost as to where to go there is sign in all the major cities that will give you a quest to go to an ideal zone for your level.

you now get a good bit of experience for quests. you can get even more doing a dungeon. you could have a high lvl character run you througn one which would be hany if you have quests there but it is better to go with a random group as you get bonus xp and an item when you complete one

you can aso get a good bit of xp from pvp. sometimes almost a full lvl for winning a battleground.

Ah, cheers guys. Haven't had much free time lately so I've not actually been on, but I'll definitely try to get some time in over the weekend.

For anyone who played both, how does WoW PvP compare to WAR PvP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

WoW pvp is the most boring and basic pvp I've ever experienced.
    The pve is brilliant, the questing and the dungeons and the actual exploration is top notch. :)

The pvp though, is so bad and boring you end up just rolling another 85, not because you want to but because you have nothing to do on your main. If there was actual proper world pvp with good world pvp type incentives it would be a lot better.

War being made by the same guys who designed the DAOC pvp system is much better but that game probably won't last . ( Not sure about this, just a guess )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Ah, cheers guys. Haven't had much free time lately so I've not actually been on, but I'll definitely try to get some time in over the weekend.

For anyone who played both, how does WoW PvP compare to WAR PvP ?

WoW is much more polished but the basics of WAR PvP are better. WAR is a dead game though .. no point wasting any effort on it. I played and left due to population issues. It's a pity though because it could have been great. Here's hoping the take the DAoC template and implement it somewhere else or else make DAoC 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SolarStoned

just wondering how your guild is and where your at in game?
    ive got 4 85's on kazzak...my main is an arcane mage solarstoned
    holy priest solarwarrior and a paladin tank solareclipse
    been a little pee'd off with the last few guilds i was with and might just join u guys n girls if there is a good buzz there!
    :cool:

edit: added a character there: solarstoned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

-Vega- wrote: »
    WoW pvp is the most boring and basic pvp I've ever experienced.
    The pve is brilliant, the questing and the dungeons and the actual exploration is top notch. :)

The pvp though, is so bad and boring you end up just rolling another 85, not because you want to but because you have nothing to do on your main. If there was actual proper world pvp with good world pvp type incentives it would be a lot better.

War being made by the same guys who designed the DAOC pvp system is much better but that game probably won't last . ( Not sure about this, just a guess )

You say PvP is bad and boring, yet then you talk specifically about WORLD PvP, tbh world PvP has been dead on most servers since TBC.
    "The pve is brilliant", I can only assume that you're not an endgame HC raider since vanilla, cause if you were then this statement would be a lie. PvE has been dire in this game since TBC also. I'm coming from an endgame perspective, and there's nothing more annoying than you spending weeks trying to down one boss, and blizzard just decides to 'nerf' it so new, and bad players, can do it easily. PvP is the only thing that this game has going for it at the moment, and does it badly. S10 is basically ****ed already if you wanted to go for glad and you weren't 2.7k+ pre MMR fix.
    Might I just also ask if you're saying to new players that PvP is bad(that will probably put them off it) have you even any previous high rated PvP experience to say that you've been through all different levels of PvP, be that arena AND/OR RBG's? If not then please don't say that PvP is bad and boring to new players, you might end up ruining, imo, the only good aspect of the game that remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

kev_like wrote: »
    You say PvP is bad and boring, yet then you talk specifically about WORLD PvP, tbh world PvP has been dead on most servers since TBC.

World PVP is a lot more focused now though since they allowed flying mounts. Initially it was outside raid instances but archaeology generated a nice amount at random. Hyjal on a PVP server is amazing fun since the Firelands dailys came in. I don't need the gear / gold from the dailys but I still do them on my priest everyday just for the WPVP action. At least on our server you get people on both factions that go there purely for PVP and I have spent hours there. I rarely go into BGs yet I have capped my honor once already from WPVP kills and half way through it again.
    kev_like wrote: »
    "The pve is brilliant", I can only assume that you're not an endgame HC raider since vanilla, cause if you were then this statement would be a lie. PvE has been dire in this game since TBC also. I'm coming from an endgame perspective, and there's nothing more annoying than you spending weeks trying to down one boss, and blizzard just decides to 'nerf' it so new, and bad players, can do it easily.

TBC was rather difficult, spending 3 months on Kael and another 3 months on Illidan and thankfully missing the 4 months or so my new guild spent on Brutallus. Not to mention the 3 week downtime to gather res gear to defeat a simple boss. Too many people view TBC with rose tinted goggles. Wrath was terrible unless you raided the content at the appropriate level. I done Ulduar hardmodes and ToC 50 attempts in 10 man mode when it was appropriate and it was enjoyable. It was made easier by having some 25 man gear which was a downside but still better then 3 month stalls. I never agreed with the ICC 30% buff but still, how many people defeated LK heroic with the 30%? You can't nerf or dumb mechanics like Defile down and bad players will wipe.

I think 4.0 hard modes were an improvement especially in 10 man, tuned to a point a death will wipe you. 4.1 for the few hard modes I have had a look at, it's rather innovative for an old game, and places a lot more emphasis on individual responsibility. In 25s you can hide, in 10s you wipe, simple as that really. I don't think any nerfs will save people from fire tornados, or meteors. If it's dumbed down it's for average people to see it, rarely for bad players, and even then the end game bosses of that tier probably won't be killed by an average player until the next tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kavsmdf

Hey guys,

I have a couple of 80's that I can bring over in the next couple of weeks. They obviously need to be leveled, but once they are I will definitely be willing to raid.

They are a druid and mage currently on Frostmane. I have been in Australia for the last year so I might be a bit rusty, but before that I was raiding with ATT over on Outland.

Your website doesn't work by the way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

wait who's that? we had a pretty tight 10 man group in WOTLK and i don't recognise the username?

I'm guessing that's Kav, who used to play a pally tank if I recall. He joined late into it and wasn't in our main run but was MT on the LK + heroic progress of the other group from memory.

witless1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that's Kav, who used to play a pally tank if I recall. He joined late into it and wasn't in our main run but was MT on the LK + heroic progress of the other group from memory.

Yep that's me, played on Carrott! Who's that? I wasn't always in the group as you said, joined late into it, ICC was already out when I joined back actually. I'll be leaving Carrott and the hunter on Outland, in the hopes that ATT will still be around in some shape or form, as it's the most fun I've ever had in the game.

My poor girlfriend used to get some stupid excuses from me when it was raid time;

Me: "I'm going to meet the lads now, cya later."
    Her: "Oh OK, where you meeting them?"
    Me: "....In Azeroth........."

Jesus she didn't like that one :P

Just a little story there for ye while I procrastinate here at work.

Haha yeah I remember you telling us that all right :P

It's Hadur here btw, ATT isn't raiding at the moment and I doubt it will come back this patch for heroic progression raiding. I'm hopeful when I get back from holidays that I can get something going for a night or two a week. Even 7/7 normal mode and keep people ticking over gear wise until 4.3 comes out, good chance that people will come back and raid with us late in 4.3 like in ICC.

Ah nice one. It would be good even if we got a few people to go on their alts, as the raiding times generally started when other raids would be finished.

Hopefully this isn't the end of ATT as it is a great guild with great potential. Everyone in the main team is a top notch player, even some world class people in there in my opinion. With Ant's leadership the guild has the potential to go far with the right team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Transfering over to Doomhammer today with the other half. You should be getting a whisper shortly for an invite :)

As of 28/08/2011 EGB is not recruiting until further Notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

ah right i remember you now kav i thought you had meant our main group. sorry to hear ATT aren't raiding any more, obviously because i quit and i'm the most bestest at everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fiinch wrote: »
    ah right i remember you now kav i thought you had meant our main group. sorry to hear ATT aren't raiding any more, obviously because i quit and i'm the most bestest at everything.

Yeah man I was dropped for Enbee who quit and threw things in dissarrray

Was defo cause we werent raiding, has to be it!

Omphin wrote: »
    As of 28/08/2011 EGB is not recruiting until further Notice

Why is that? No activity or just full on raiding spots?

kavsmdf wrote: »
    Why is that? No activity or just full on raiding spots?

Most of our raid members have moved to Rewrite, and its looking like a full merger could be on the cards. This was due to officer inactivity over the summer months. So EGB guild in itself has run its course, however many of our members have stayed together and joined the Rewrite Team and everything is going great there.
    Membership to Rewrite is alot more strict than we had for EGB, if you like to apply your more than welcome. I'll post more about Rewrite as you can see we are 6/7 on firelands.

Ah right no problem. Might make an app when I have a couple of 85's, seems like a decent enough guild. Thanks mate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

Nice to see you screening people properly this time!
    I had a number of problems with certain personalities in EGB, Irish or not.
    Needless to say I am much happier now on a rppvp server where peeps respect the game and bot-ing is immediately reported.

Lads is there still Irish people on Doomhammer? I'm having no luck contacting anyone, applied to that Rewrite guild over a week ago and have had no reply! Even mailed people in game. I'm on Tarrbh most nights, so if anyone is around add me! Thanks.

Edit: Typical that 5 mins after writing this I got talking to Omphin! So ignore this please :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

kavsmdf wrote: »
    Lads is there still Irish people on Doomhammer? I'm having no luck contacting anyone, applied to that Rewrite guild over a week ago and have had no reply! Even mailed people in game. I'm on Tarrbh most nights, so if anyone is around add me! Thanks.

Edit: Typical that 5 mins after writing this I got talking to Omphin! So ignore this please :P

Sorry about that, yes there is still Irish here as you are aware we have just been singlemindely focused in getting raggy down before the nerf. He went down lastnight so guild will be able to get back to normal.

If you are speaking with Omphin i will leave you at it but i also see you have an application on the site i will get Groax to look at. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Whats the economy like on Doomhammer? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Grey2k

I've been playing on and off since Vanilla but on US servers, I am planning to make a comeback after being away for nearly a year and was debating making a switch to EU and starting over. I had a lvl 80 of each class and a max lvl of each profession, I didn't raid much due to the time difference and this would be one of the main reasons to switch to EU.

I'm looking for a good english speaking server or mainly a good group of people as that is what I have on US servers and it's really the people that make the game for you.

I like playing on PvP servers and have only played Alliance thus far but am willing to try the other sides of both coins although PvE servers will seem a bit wierd.

Have you any recommendations for a good guild/server combo or which servers have the best progression/economy on euro side etc? I generally play hybrid characters as I like being able to fill any role.

Any help would be welcome.

Advertisement