Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doomhammer [eu] Alliance/Horde - Irish Guild - EGB

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Lads what's the story with this, is it all up and going now or still in motion ?

Wouldn't mind joining the guild on both Alliance and Horde to level up a Goblin and Worgen, so long as you don't mind me bringing my 8 year old son in with me too :) We'll only be social and my son might randomly type "hihihi" or "boobs" every now and again but he's grand in regards adult orientated chat in the guild, he probably knows more curses than I do - just don't give him access to any guild bank :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nehaxak wrote: »
    my son might randomly type "hihihi" or "boobs" every now and again but he's grand in regards adult orientated chat in the guild, he probably knows more curses than I do - just don't give him access to any guild bank :eek:

That's probably more mature then the majority of wow's population, so he should be fine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Lads what's the story with this, is it all up and going now or still in motion ?

Wouldn't mind joining the guild on both Alliance and Horde to level up a Goblin and Worgen, so long as you don't mind me bringing my 8 year old son in with me too :) We'll only be social and my son might randomly type "hihihi" or "boobs" every now and again but he's grand in regards adult orientated chat in the guild, he probably knows more curses than I do - just don't give him access to any guild bank :eek:

Guilds are up months ago, theres some people horde side and some alliance side, so u can get an invite from any guild member just /w one of us. Add Gaimbín to friends list on horde side, and Ossorian on ally to friends list. at the moment alot of the irish that signed up to make alt here are still focusing on their main character back on their own realms. So it gonna be a few weeks b4 u see alot of people online on both sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 utnapishtim

I'm having difficulty getting on Omph, bloody Linux problems with the new expansion and I still refuse to go back to Windows.

Anyway.

I'd just like to point out that although EGB have been up for months as you said earlier, the guild has really been active for what, two years or more now? - so if anyone is worried will the guild fail? go away in a months time etc etc etc It will not. Now, Omph is trying to take it to another level.

We are active now, both alliance and horde side I believe. I've been working heavly last few weeks on the website which has not gone live yet due to work commitments but WILL be active soon.

The facebook site is up and the Vent server is up free for all to use.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments, drop us a line on our facebook page or drop Omph a line - seen as I'm mostly bloody fighting with Linux atm I have not been able to log in to do squat. Patience is a virtue though :/

Oh, and tell yer friends :D

sorry i meant to say guild on ally side is up months ago, the horde side has been up years.

• Advertisement

Just an update on how things are going with EGB. We are still looking for more of you irish guys and girls to join us and make an alt on Doomhammer. The guild is Level 5 now on Horde side and Alliance side is level 3. Not much action going on alliance side atm since most made Horde Alts however Ally side will pick up in Time.
    Alot of the guys have Hit 525 with various Professions and epic gear is currently being worked on. Guild bank is Full with Different Scrolls glyphs etc and we want to keep item enhancements in there so people can take when they need. Ill update more when guild hits level 10 and we get the first of our Guild Heirlooms which might encourage more of u guys to come join us with an alt.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Hey lads, as an old timer from vanilla I have decided to see what this whole new fangled cataclysm thing is about. Don't know how long the ride will last, will probably have to drop the experiment due to study quite soon, but I do plan on coming back to it in the summer. I'll try and organize an in-game introduction soon (re-rolled a blood elf warrior on doomhammer, liking it so far...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Hey lads, as an old timer from vanilla I have decided to see what this whole new fangled cataclysm thing is about. Don't know how long the ride will last, will probably have to drop the experiment due to study quite soon, but I do plan on coming back to it in the summer. I'll try and organize an in-game introduction soon (re-rolled a blood elf warrior on doomhammer, liking it so far...)

Me and friend just started from scratch on doomhammer with a blood elf warrior and a blood elf priest. If you want some company leveling then let us know .. we are in the guild also. Names are Kaevan and Jisebora.

Cool i'll keep an eye out for you, should be on some stage this weekend so will try and get joined up then (if you'll have me of course ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

My name is Alison. I started on Lightbringer (Worgen Hunter) but I've created an alt on Doomhammer! Starting from scratch so need to level up!.

Name: Manook (Alliance Night Elf Mage).

• Advertisement

Oh yeah forgot to leave a name: thraxtal 30ish blood elf warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

hey whats yere current progressin in Cata?and WOTLK

Im just wondering cause im currently in Azuremyst realm and in No1 guild on that realm but not many irish people there :o( none infact

Sean

hey whats yere current progressin in Cata?and WOTLK

Im just wondering cause im currently in Azuremyst realm and in No1 guild on that realm but not many irish people there :o( none infact

Sean

I'm there (Horde side) :)

Here's my main...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azuremyst/bohs/advanced

Rest of my alts are in the guild (just me there).

I mostly only pvp in TB and farm mats for alts professions these days as I cba with heroics anymore until blizzard make a considerable effort to improve the rewards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im interested too folks, currently in a nice guild on Agrammar but am tempted to move an alt over with you guys or indeed my main if all goes well, Horde ofcourse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I'm making a worgan on doomhammer, can you guys link to your facebook page as i can't find it and can you gimme the name of someone in the guild so i can /w them?

Gonna roll a Goblin Shaman over the next few days. Probably wont play that much, but will from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

AlisonB wrote: »
    My name is Alison. I started on Lightbringer (Worgen Hunter) but I've created an alt on Doomhammer! Starting from scratch so need to level up!.

Name: Manook (Alliance Night Elf Mage).
    Xios wrote:
    I'm making a worgan on doomhammer, can you guys link to your facebook page as i can't find it and can you gimme the name of someone in the guild so i can /w them?

I started on alliance too but moved to Horde as guild is pretty dead on alliance side whilst they are quite a few of us leveling from scratch on horde. Might be worth moving to horde although there is talk of doing a tuesday night leveling session every tuesday night.

Just another update on what direction we will be taking over the coming months. Alot of our focus will be on using the horde side for main characters until we have created a strong base there. Eventually we will be making a team on alliance side, so people can start to gear up there if they like however i suggest they keep a horde character as main for now. We encourage people to play their alliance characters on a tuesday, leveling etc. and when there is enough activity and interest on alliance side we will make a team for heroics and then raids.
    Till then Horde side is the place to make a new alt and focus on it or if u transfer realm.

to find us in game just /who erin, any memeber can invite u. If i have any problems just replay here.

Thanks Gaimbín/Omphin

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Hey Guys,

EGB are looking for all Irish players to come to Doomhammer(horde).

We are currently level 6 and have ambitions of having a good raiding team. We have a good social group and Vent

We even have a Facebook account,-Check it out

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=153782087979231

We are a guild that has been around a while but never really got off the ground,

Please feel free to PM me or Omphin

or whisper any member of erin go Bragh in game and well have a chat

Have fun and enjoy

EGB

• Advertisement

Come on guys, just drop in on us during the week come see the guild, want more of ye in here:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Hi All,

Just wanted to post to say its well worth coming around and having a look on Doomhammer. I know there have been lots of messages from a number of the guys about it and your probably thinking why should i bother?

Well i moved to Doomhammer at the start of November and found a small community of Irish people in wow. I use the word community as thats the environment Omphin has created, all members look after each other and help isn't far if ever needed. In addition there is also a good bit of banter and craic but no arsing around as most members are old enough and bold enough that there is no childish crap.

I could go one about the many good things about the guild but i wont as you should come and find out for yourself :).

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

I'm considering moving over as well...I'm not sure whether I can be arsed starting another alt or whether I'll move over one of my other characters...what's the raiding like?

I'll be busy for the next few months (damn exams while working...what was I thinking!) but I'd like some casual enough raiding after that if possible, do ye reckon that'll be happening with the guild??

Any plans for pre-made PvP? I've an 85 Undead Rogue that i'd consider transferring over if there was going to be some rated BG teams going.

I'm in the guild with my 85 Druid (Feral/Tank/Healer) and would be up for setting up a premade, I'm sure a few others would too.

PvP rated is definently something i wanna get into too with the guild. The more that join us obviously the more we can do together since everyone has their own times they can play and alot of us work. All i can do is Encourage you guys to join us to make it into the kinda guild u want it to be.
    Raid nights, PvP nights and doing old content, also some War games would be fun the odd time too

Might transfer my Rogue over, though it wont be for 2 weeks...damn you bank balance!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How's the Alliance side looking? Have an 85 Warlock and 80 Paladin sitting about doing nothing that I could transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The alliance side is still work in progress at the moment due to the popularity of the horde side but there is an effort in the guild to have ally play nights and there are a few ally regulars.

I have a ally priest i play am trying to level at the moment in addition to other lil projects :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Guys ive seriously considering transferring over either my main or an alt.
    Before i do may i ask whats the average age of your members?
    If im to transfer over having done so a few times recently i need to make sure im not gonna be stung with a guild of kiddies again :)
    My current guild while very nice people dont do anywhere near enough guild stuff,im tired of pugging heroics etc.
    Do you guys raid, if so are yas hardcore or more casual?
    Im not into these hardcore guilds that require 100% attendance.
    Ill always try to make most raids but real life dictates that unfortunately.
    In my old guild once i signed for a raid i showed up, thats not a problem as i can plan when im free etc.
    Sorry for all the questions but €20 a pop for a transfer mounts up and ive transfered 3 in the last 2 months.
    I just need to find out as much as possible first :)

Advertisement